Wisconsin antlerless permits go on sale at 10am

bueller

Monday- Central and Northern Forest Zones
Tuesday- Central Farmland Zone
Wednesday- Southern Farmland Zone

Yup, I'm all over it bueller!;)

Got mine!!!

Nope, apparently being logged in 5 minutes before hand and being ready to click on the Bonus Antlerless Permit tab wasn't fast enough. As soon as it popped up, I clicked it and it told me there were only 4 tags available, :confused:by the time I clicked Add to Cart it already said they were gone.:( Title of this story: "Gone in 30 seconds".:eek: Oh well, I can still use my Farmland tag in La Crosse Co for the Metro hunt, tons of does there compared to Juneau. I really only wanted a tag in case my daughter wanted to shoot a doe anyway.

Nope, apparently being logged in 5 minutes before hand and being ready to click on the Bonus Antlerless Permit tab wasn't fast enough. As soon as it popped up, I clicked it and it told me there were only 4 tags available, :confused:by the time I clicked Add to Cart it already said they were gone.:( Title of this story: "Gone in 30 seconds".:eek: Oh well, I can still use my Farmland tag in La Crosse Co for the Metro hunt, tons of does there compared to Juneau. I really only wanted a tag in case my daughter wanted to shoot a doe anyway.
Sucks :(

I don't know how it only said 4 left, I clicked on it immediately when it popped up?:confused: Must have been the millisecond delay to send the info from Madison to La Crosse.o_O Everyone who got a tag must be within miles of the DNR servers?:rolleyes: LOL

Just checked still 54 available in Adams for public land, but I'm not sure if I want to mess with going over there just to fill a doe tag if we didn't intend on hunting over there anyway.

I don't know how it only said 4 left, I clicked on it immediately when it popped up?:confused: Must have been the millisecond delay to send the info from Madison to La Crosse.o_O Everyone who got a tag must be within miles of the DNR servers?:rolleyes: LOL
I waited until the second that the clock hit 10 to click the log in. Could this be quicker than waiting for the DNR site to automatically update? There were 450 available for private and when I got there it still showed 450 available.

Maybe, but I couldn't risk that, our clocks on our computers here at work are tied to our servers and the time is always off by at least 2 minutes one way or the other. With the Vernon Co line being 10 minutes from my house, I turkey hunt a lot of good acres down there and they will also have the extended "Holiday Hunt" this season, being Vernon is in the Southern Farmland Zone.

I sat down and figured out my season options after I missed out on my antlerless tag for Juneau Co. Pretty good chance on harvesting something, somewhere, with a gun this upcoming season.

Regular Gun Deer Season: Nov 22-30 in Juneau Co(buck only, rifle)
Metro Gun Deer Season: Nov 22-Dec 10 in La Crosse Co Metro Unit(break out the 870 as it is shotgun only for buck or doe, but I would only hunt here from Dec 1 -10)
4 Day Antlerless Only Hunt: Dec 11-14 in La Crosse Co and La Crosse Metro Units(antlerless only, rifle or shotgun depending on where I am hunting)
9 Day Holiday Hunt: Dec 24-Jan 1 in Vernon Co.(antlerless only, rifle)

Given I can hunt from Nov 22 thru Dec 14 in with a gun/shotgun and again from Dec 24 - Jan 1, I should be able to put some venison in the freezer at some point this year in spite of not getting a Juneau Co. tag.

Stu, you can still get on board to hunt your parents place!;) If you buy a tag, who knows it just might trigger it to sell, so you'd have to eat your tag. I bet you would welcome that trade-off.:)

I wish they would rather just go to a lottery instead of playing these internet games where you only have 9.6 seconds to complete the transaction.

Doe permit for Marathon County Private land purchased.