WI antlerless tags go on sale this week

bueller

10am each day

Monday- central and northern forest zones
Tuesday- central farmland zone
Wednesday- southern farmland zone

Remember you still get one farmland antlerless tag with you license.

I printed out my antlerless tags that came with my Conservation Patron license last week. I am not thrilled about these tags made on my laser printer. I can't see how they will hold up in inclement weather.

15 minute warning...
Thanks. I had totally forgot. And this was after all weekend I kept telling myself don't forget :confused:.

Now I just need work to stay quiet for the next 20 minutes.

Looks like they changed the setup some. You can log in now for a random spot in line instead of rushing at 10am

Yea I jumped the gun. Same here just a queue page, not logged in yet. Still differs from the first come first served of the past.

I started at 5751 on a desktop and 3604 on my phone :eek:. Last year I was done by this time.

wow this sucks!

For those areas with very few tags available this essentially equates to an online lottery system. We should still be ok, this year.

hopefully at the 20 minute mark a bunch of people that got in line but never logged in get bounced

I wonder how my pops is doing. He usually goes to a retail outlet somewhere and stands in line.

I'm done. When I got in public land tags for Lincoln and Marinette Counties were already sold out.

I went up to my hardware store and was done in 10 min

I went up to my hardware store and was done in 10 min
Interesting. Maybe it was first come first serve at these locations while online went into a "lottery" type system.

They really need to change the system to how the turkey tags are drawn and go to the lottery system instead of wasting everyone's time. And those people that are working at 10am have no chance.

X2 ^^^^

From what I quickly scanned on the counties, this "queue system" is mainly a public land tag lottery. Far as I can tell every county still has plenty of private land tags after the morning rush. Burnett county had 475 public land tags, and looks like they sold out right about 11:20 ish. Same county had 3800 private land tags and as of right now still over 2900 of those left. The other forest counties seem to be roughly similar. I don't have empirical data on this of course, but this seems pretty appropriate given the past few months observation I've had driving all over Burnett county at crepuscular times - the public lands (of which there is TONS in Burnett) are almost devoid of deer of any kind, and the private lands are loaded. Hope the system works at least reasonably well for the herd this year.

The lottery would be so much easier like the good old days. They could even nail everyone the application fee. They would love that.

They really need to change the system to how the turkey tags are drawn and go to the lottery system instead of wasting everyone's time. And those people that are working at 10am have no chance.
THAT ^^^ "queue system" IS the system they use for turkey hunting when the bonus tags go on sale, and these are considered "bonus tags" as far as the state is concerned. Same thing I ran into this past spring, total BS and in the conversations I have had with the DNR staff on this very item, they acknowledge there is an issue, they "say" it needs to be fixed, but likely won't do anything about it until enough people complain. A LOT more.

BTW, I didn't even try for a Juneau Public tag, very busy at work this morning.........and after having them sell out in less than 10 seconds last year, what was the point???????

THAT ^^^ "queue system" IS the system they use for turkey hunting when the bonus tags go on sale, and these are considered "bonus tags" as far as the state is concerned. Same thing I ran into this past spring, total BS and in the conversations I have had with the DNR staff on this very item, they acknowledge there is an issue, they "say" it needs to be fixed, but likely won't do anything about it until enough people complain. A LOT more.

BTW, I didn't even try for a Juneau Public tag, very busy at work this morning.........and after having them sell out in less than 10 seconds last year, what was the point???????
There was zero available this year anyways.