Wildgame Insite Air™

I'm not even going to bother attempting to edit and fix the above post It's lunch time for me.

Is it connecting WiFi or by Bluetooth to the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluetooth. When doing the updates Wi-Fi makes more sense.

I was wandering if you could use a WiFi extender to increase the distance to the trail camera

As far as I know only Bluetooth is used for transmitting the pictures. Even the updates work that way- downloads go to your phone and then to the cam via Bluetooth. That's what I meant by using Wi-Fi for updates, the files can be quite large. Sorry for the confusion.

May want to look into a reasonably priced cell cam like the Tactacam Reveal, monthly plans start at $5. Unless you have the cam by a feeder or something and with a short delay. I'm considering getting another one unless this latest Air update gives it a boost.

Tamarack no problem I was just curious i know how WiFi and Bluetooth work I was just wandering when I first heard about these devices they where advertising they where WiFi and Bluetooth devices.

If they where WiFi devices then you could use a device like tplink cpe210 device to extend your home WiFi to this device

I want to try this using a Reolink solar panel camera and use the cpe210 to extend to a food plot close to my cousins house the range of the cpe210 is about 5 miles line of sight

Yeah I thought Wi-Fi was in the description before too but was looking at the website and only see "wirelessly". It's possible like with the 100 yard, instead of feet, illumination range they had to clean that up.

There's Cuddebacks "Home" unit you're probably aware of that may work. Have to get that plus the camera(s) though.

Tamarack I have a home camera and one other camera from cuddelink there ok not the best in my book they are battery eaters.

So far I use a spartan go cam through my cell company and it has great battery life and takes great pics

Spartan is next on my list, because you can do videos. Probably next year though.

I've decided to return the Air. Tried another area and got 30yds..guess it can't go far thru goldenrods. Loved the app...cam looks like it's built to last(I said "looks")..but it's not for me.

Good concept but just a bunch of false promises. The app was had some cool features but they were all geared toward photo management, and not camera management.

I agree. I think if they would have said up to 150 FEET then people would still be interested and then be impressed if it went over that. Or even just- up to 50 yards.
I'll probably exchange it for another Reveal or something.