WI 2014 Deer Season Changes

Last edited:
Each county is now their own DMU. And some counties like Juneau for example will be broken into two, northern half central forest zone and southern half central farmland zone.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I have high hopes that those of us in the central forest zone will see the herd increase in size under this new structure, the DNR has even stated that is the goal for this area.

The concern I have is that I've read, per the DTR, antlerless tags will be unlimited in all counties where CWD has been identified. So northern Juneau is central forest zone but MAY have unlimited antlerless tags??? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from the DNR on this. May have to wait until the anterless tag availability is posted.

I am guessing here Bluff, but your Zone is the Southern Farmland Zone and your DMU is the Vernon Co. DMU. Which means you will be able to tag 3 bucks this season if you choose.
That makes more sense now, not enough time in the day to keep up with everything I guess. I don't like the 3 buck deal at all, I want one good buck or nothing at all. That rule means with my wife & 4 kids that are eligible to hunt this fall we could kill 18 bucks. I would never allow that to happen, but I know plenty of people that would try to fill all those tags. What a crock....

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited: