Who are you?

Welcome to all the new members from a new member in Texas. This certainly is a diverse bunch of folks with just as diverse experiences and expertise.

Howdy, can't believe it took so long to find this site. I belong to several shooting forums and was posting for years on their sub-forums about food plots. Belong to a hunting camp in NE Pa that leases 240 acres on a municipal watershed. Camp has 20 members, was established in 1953, hunted there since '66 and has 5 tillable acres. I have been doing the plotting for 8 years. All the hard work and time put in the foodplots has really come to fruition in the last 3 years and every year gets better.

Howdy, can't believe it took so long to find this site. I belong to several shooting forums and was posting for years on their sub-forums about food plots. Belong to a hunting camp in NE Pa that leases 240 acres on a municipal watershed. Camp has 20 members, was established in 1953, hunted there since '66 and has 5 tillable acres. I have been doing the plotting for 8 years. All the hard work and time put in the foodplots has really come to fruition in the last 3 years and every year gets better.
Welcome. I have one question…how on earth do y’all hunt 20 people on 240 acres?

I would bet there are only a handful of the guys that really hunt very much some that try a bit during gun season but mostly it’s just a week long boozer for most. No judgment here everyone is entitled to their idea of a good hunting season.

Welcome. I have one question…how on earth do y’all hunt 20 people on 240 acres?
The property borders 10,000 Acres of Watershed land that is open to the public, in addition to smaller parcels that are controlled by several conservancy groups. And there are only 13 members who make an appearance in season, half of them are over 70. The rest belong because we have a rifle range 50, 100, 200, & 300 yds. with protected benches- some are competition shooters. The original gang did their share of boozing back in the early days.

The property borders 10,000 Acres of Watershed land that is open to the public, in addition to smaller parcels that are controlled by several conservancy groups. And there are only 13 members who make an appearance in season, half of them are over 70. The rest belong because we have a rifle range 50, 100, 200, & 300 yds. with protected benches- some are competition shooters. The original gang did their share of boozing back in the early days.
Ahh very cool. Makes much more sense. Post some pics sometime.

Sounds like a very good place to have a camp ! Welcome to the forum !

Welcome to H-T. I spent many years in a small club that hunted outside of Wysocks back in the years of if it has 3 inches, shoot it...

Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum for a good couple months and am finally a member. I'm from northeast PA and love all the topics this forum can spread knowledge on. Hopefully I can be of some help and good luck to everyone this season!

Welcome Thomasc

Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum for a good couple months and am finally a member. I'm from northeast PA and love all the topics this forum can spread knowledge on. Hopefully I can be of some help and good luck to everyone this season!
Welcome to H-T

Hello everyone. 40 years old from Central Kentucky here with a wife and four kids. I hunt a few hundred acres between multiple farms. The farm I live on is just 23 acres and mainly a travel corridor between surrounding bigger farms. My farm is pretty much one big narrow bottom with a small creek bordering it. I joined another forum to get support for my cuddie link system and enjoy reading all the helpful insights from other areas. Looking forward to the discussions.

Hello everyone. 40 years old from Central Kentucky here with a wife and four kids. I hunt a few hundred acres between multiple farms. The farm I live on is just 23 acres and mainly a travel corridor between surrounding bigger farms. My farm is pretty much one big narrow bottom with a small creek bordering it. I joined another forum to get support for my cuddie link system and enjoy reading all the helpful insights from other areas. Looking forward to the discussions.

Welcome. That corridor sounds like a great transition zone.

Welcome. That corridor sounds like a great transition zone.
Yeah it's been a good feeding area for the local doe. I just don't get many bucks in the area until late at night. I planted an acre cornfield this year and left it standing, hoping once the acorns are gone they might start feeding in it some.

Yeah it's been a good feeding area for the local doe. I just don't get many bucks in the area until late at night. I planted an acre cornfield this year and left it standing, hoping once the acorns are gone they might start feeding in it some.
Welcome. This site has been a great resource for Cuddeback and habitat improvement information. I’ve definitely upped my understanding and knowledge through this group.

Welcome!! I like the sound of that narrow bottom between 2 bigger farms. If it has cover - woods / brush, I would think deer would use it for a travel corridor with built-in security cover. Bottlenecks / pinch-points are a great place to watch, IMO.

Thanks @Brownsbucks! We just moved here 2 years ago and I'm just trying different little plots (corn, clover, and winter mixes) to try and help bring them in earlier to feed. I'm debating on alfalfa or soybeans next spring. I've had good luck with both in previous years on other farms. Not sure if one is better than the other, other than the fact that alfalfa comes back for multiple years.

Depends if you have enough acres for beans without the deer eating all of it. I don't think I could get away with planting any less than 3 acres of beans here in Minnesota. Alfalfa is great for deer and they like it but it is a little harder to grow than a lot of food plot options in my opinion. Welcome to a great forum with a lot of good people to help you.