Who are you?

Thanks for allowing me to join. 1.5 years ago I purchased a 13 acre parcel in Fond du Lac county, WI. …
A heartfelt welcome. Twelve years ago we started with 13 acres that changed our lives (for the good, I believe). The ability to improve habitat and enjoy the land is a great stewardship. It sounds like you are off to a great start, and will find this to be a helpful forum. Again, welcome, and do not hesitate to reach out with your questions.

Welcome Justagy. Another resource in WI/Upper Midwest besides this forum to scratch your prairie itch is a link
Prairie Enthusiast
They organize a number of field days in the summer, you can take a look at their events calendar. Haven't made any myself yet but might be of interest.

Last edited:
Welcome Justagy. Another resource in WI/Upper Midwest besides this forum to scratch your prairie itch is a link
Prairie Enthusiast
They organize a number of field days in the summer, you can take a look at their events calendar. Haven't made any myself yet but might be of interest.
Thanks for the info. It does look interesting, and I will dig into it more tonight.

Good evening ! I’m a brand new member from East Texas, and I live in the country on an eighty acre property that we’ve had for nearly thirty years. I manage it for timber and I also deer and hog hunt on it. At 76 years old, sometimes I wonder how much longer I’m gonna be able to take care of it, but I haven’t reached that point yet ! 😁 I have one food plot that I hunt over of a little over a half acre and try to keep something growing in it year ‘round. I know some of you guys from another forum and that prompted me to join here. I’m always interested in learning new things about food plots. I’m looking forward to an exchange of ideas and experiences.

Welcome,Don

You will really enjoy this forum

send rain

bill

Good evening ! I’m a brand new member from East Texas, and I live in the country on an eighty acre property that we’ve had for nearly thirty years. I manage it for timber and I also deer and hog hunt on it. At 76 years old, sometimes I wonder how much longer I’m gonna be able to take care of it, but I haven’t reached that point yet ! 😁 I have one food plot that I hunt over of a little over a half acre and try to keep something growing in it year ‘round. I know some of you guys from another forum and that prompted me to join here. I’m always interested in learning new things about food plots. I’m looking forward to an exchange of ideas and experiences.

Welcome to H-T.

Thank you to both Bills !

Hello. I'm Rackluster on the other site. Had some problems registering but I'm finally good to go.

I have 40 southeast of Isle, MN and some near Webster, Wi. I absolutely love working on the properties but really don't get much time to do it. When I get up there I tend to only have time to maintain the trail cams before needing to run home. Hopefully that will change a bit this spring because i have a long list of projects in mind.

I have a daughter that is 14 and a son that is 10. Both hunt and got their first deer this past year. I've loved getting them and others involved in hunting. My proudest achievement is the fact that over the last 6 years 7 people have gotten their first deer on my properties.

For work, I'm an IT project manager consultant. Currently working for a very big company, the best thing about it is I am able to work from home.

My other pastime is running. I took it up about a year ago and am currently training for my 2nd marathon with my 3rd coming this fall.

Anyway, looking forward to leeching more info off you guys on this site.

Just found my way over from another site. I am in SW Michigan. Own 40 acres with food plots and fruit trees. Just a few years from retirement and then the real work begins!

Im Ryan in Stokes county NC. I joined yesterday after finding the forum while searching for answers regarding my chestnut trees. I bought 70 acres a few years ago for the purpose of hunting/shooting and now I'm going down the rabbit hole of land management! Its a deep, rewarding hole and I'm woefully ignorant. I look forward to learning from you old bucks! Thanks

Welcome to the rabbit hole wrboone. enjoy.

Ray - Live in the midlands of SC, lease 250 acres in Fairfield Co. Started hunting in 2014 - not sure why I never caught the bug previously, but definitely enjoy the entire process. Thanks for allowing me to join.

Ray - Live in the midlands of SC, lease 250 acres in Fairfield Co. Started hunting in 2014 - not sure why I never caught the bug previously, but definitely enjoy the entire process. Thanks for allowing me to join.
Welcome to HT Grey!

My day job has me managing about 5.5 million acres of Great Basin and Mojave Desert, but my off time has me managing about 500 acres of private located on the southwestern tip of the Colorado Plateau, as I have been actively doing for about 30 years. The private is why I am here. We (I) manage oak savannah, aspen forest, and pine-spruce-fir forest for sheep grazing and hunting with a focus on restoring and maintaining historic disturbance regimes. We tried timber, but there is no market for the species we would want to harvest. Unfortunately, we deal with a lot of trespass, poaching, vandalism, and theft. We also prevailed in some litigation brought by a former forest service employee a few years ago. So for the past few years my focus is investigation and prosecution of trespass, which is where the larger than desired investment in trail cameras comes from.
The cool thing is that getting in to the Cuddeback world has already introduced me to some really good folks who have the same goals as I; to provide memorable hunting opportunities to folks with disabilities, especially veterans. This came from numerous and repeated unpleasant experiences with able bodied southern Utah hunters who lack ethics, skill, and morals. I am getting a bad reputation among the locals, and I really very much enjoy it.

Hi. I’m Doug. 50+ and in the process of moving permanently to my 36 acre retirement property in SW Indiana. This site has already been very informative.

welcome to all the new members. Sorry I'm late in the welcome. Summers are crazy busy for me.

My day job has me managing about 5.5 million acres of Great Basin and Mojave Desert, but my off time has me managing about 500 acres of private located on the southwestern tip of the Colorado Plateau, as I have been actively doing for about 30 years. The private is why I am here. We (I) manage oak savannah, aspen forest, and pine-spruce-fir forest for sheep grazing and hunting with a focus on restoring and maintaining historic disturbance regimes. We tried timber, but there is no market for the species we would want to harvest. Unfortunately, we deal with a lot of trespass, poaching, vandalism, and theft. We also prevailed in some litigation brought by a former forest service employee a few years ago. So for the past few years my focus is investigation and prosecution of trespass, which is where the larger than desired investment in trail cameras comes from.
The cool thing is that getting in to the Cuddeback world has already introduced me to some really good folks who have the same goals as I; to provide memorable hunting opportunities to folks with disabilities, especially veterans. This came from numerous and repeated unpleasant experiences with able bodied southern Utah hunters who lack ethics, skill, and morals. I am getting a bad reputation among the locals, and I really very much enjoy it.
Welcome. Make theirs lives miserable!! Appreciate you fighting the good fight

Hi guys, I have been using info I found on this forum for years and figured I should just go ahead and join and try and add to the discussion and ask questions. I am from Tennessee and manage our family farm. We do regenerative food plots, are working on a lot of TSI with a forester right now, and I have recently started grafting persimmons after getting some scions this winter from cliff England. I am super interested in picking out some crabs to grow and get in the ground and I’m praying I can get on Bill’s Miscanthus cutting list this year so I can get a donor patch established for some screening cover. Love shooting deer with my bow and making it happen for other people. We are in the double digits so far with people getting their first deer on our place and I look forward to many more.

Just found my way over from another site. I am in SW Michigan. Own 40 acres with food plots and fruit trees. Just a few years from retirement and then the real work begins!
Welcome from another member just a few (three) years from retirement. Enjoy the work, and let us know how we can help.

Hi guys, I have been using info I found on this forum for years and figured I should just go ahead and join and try and add to the discussion and ask questions. I am from Tennessee and manage our family farm. We do regenerative food plots, are working on a lot of TSI with a forester right now, and I have recently started grafting persimmons after getting some scions this winter from cliff England. I am super interested in picking out some crabs to grow and get in the ground and I’m praying I can get on Bill’s Miscanthus cutting list this year so I can get a donor patch established for some screening cover. Love shooting deer with my bow and making it happen for other people. We are in the double digits so far with people getting their first deer on our place and I look forward to many more.
It sounds like you will be bringing some great experience and insights to the forum. Great to read of how you are sharing your land to introduce others to our passion for deer and conservation. Welcome!