Who are you?

Long time lurker and thread reader, i've been dabbling habitat and food plotting a few years on small family parcels or places I got to take care of but now I finally own some dirt. 155 acres in southern Steuben County NY and I'll have lots of questions.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Long time lurker and thread reader, i've been dabbling habitat and food plotting a few years on small family parcels or places I got to take care of but now I finally own some dirt. 155 acres in southern Steuben County NY and I'll have lots of questions.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Congrats on the new ground. And welcome to H-T

Hello, late fifties guy here, own 48ac in Alabama, looking to improve my property and the deer heard/population, I have a interest in buying a saya 507 so pros/cons are welcome as well as best price these days, mechanics background along with doer of all master of none category, thanks for letting me join!

Hello, late fifties guy here, own 48ac in Alabama, looking to improve my property and the deer heard/population, I have a interest in buying a saya 507 so pros/cons are welcome as well as best price these days, mechanics background along with doer of all master of none category, thanks for letting me join!

Welcome aboard!
I’d make a separate post about the Saya. I don’t know anything about them but someone will.

new here. Came across this forum when I was searching for some different varieties of pear trees for deer. Chenango Co. NY here. Got around 40 acres. Been planting tons of trees last couple years from evergreens to paw paws. Got about 60 trees from Blue Hill Wildlife Nursery already in the ground and around 60 more on the way this spring. Really been looking at Whitetail Crabapples and how I found this forum talking about Rut Rage Pear. Anyways just going around seeing all the great info.

new here. Came across this forum when I was searching for some different varieties of pear trees for deer. Chenango Co. NY here. Got around 40 acres. Been planting tons of trees last couple years from evergreens to paw paws. Got about 60 trees from Blue Hill Wildlife Nursery already in the ground and around 60 more on the way this spring. Really been looking at Whitetail Crabapples and how I found this forum talking about Rut Rage Pear. Anyways just going around seeing all the great info.
Welcome.
Dig big holes if you ordered from blue hill.

I’ve only got a few from there but the roots where really big.

Thanks for the add. Live in Carbon County PA and own a cabin with 35 acres in Chenango County NY. Purchased im 2018. Planting variety of small plots and I have been addicted too growing trees. I planted apple and pear orchard. Also Chestnut and Persimmon. Also looking for tips.

Thanks for the add. Live in Carbon County PA and own a cabin with 35 acres in Chenango County NY. Purchased im 2018. Planting variety of small plots and I have been addicted too growing trees. I planted apple and pear orchard. Also Chestnut and Persimmon. Also looking for tips.
Welcome to H-T.

For all the new folks sorry it sometimes takes a few hours or even a day to approve you. Individually approving new members is the only way I’ve been able to keep the spammers out. And sometimes that doesn’t work…..

I'm here because I got skunked this past year (I dont shoot does or basket bucks but then there is always that 5 year old spike 🤣)

Thanks for letting me join the community! I'm 31 year old union pipe welder, I only own 2 acres right now that my wife and I live on, but hunt multiple farms in central ohio. I'm addicted to hunting small properties and fishing small streams😅. I've hunted all of my life but in the last two years I've had a handful of encounters with some world class bucks. One small farm I hunt i hope to be buying with my siblings to keep it in the family, 18 acres on the south side of a large lake. Its mostly a pass through property sandwiched between two ag fields. I found this site 2 years ago and have learned a ton from alot of you on this forum. I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing my habitat journey with you all!

Obie,
Welcome to H-t

Been reading this site for a little while and learned a lot already. I’m in zone 5 in Ohio, got bit by the grafting bug a few years ago and been planting apples everywhere I can fit them. I also keep bees, planted a wildflower field for them, and native flowering shrubs for both bees and deer. Looking forward to learning a lot more, glad to be here.

Welcome aboard Highwater.

Brokenbear here from S.E. Missouri ..retired with 225AC piece of Missouri paradise.. hills and bottoms and over half of acreage in hardwoods! ..just now changing to no till no chemical no fertilizer habitat improvement and expect to have all my crop-able ground 24/7/365 to be green by my 3rd full year ..I don't harvest critters a whole lot any more except when I can see the bottom of the freezer ..and when I do it's pointy stixs w/ feathers or a round lead ball w/ Holy Black ..
When the chores are done you will find me with a flyrod standing in cold water stretching Trout lips or at my carving bench where I build pistol grips for SASS and mounted competition shooters with exotic woods from all over the planet (Missouri Walnut still tops them all !! )

Bear

Welcome, MO is starting get some numbers around here..

Helitech here, joined due to the great information on the Saya drills on here. Upper 50s in age, grew up and still live in NE Mississippi. We farmed soybeans, dairy and beef cattle and of course lots of hay. Lifetime technician on trucks, diesel engines, lawnmowers and helicopters and anything in between! Deer hunting for me is really deer watching, unless my lovely bride ask for a doe. I love planting deer plots, I guess it goes back to my roots growing up. I like to stay busy, and want to do some deer food plot work for people when I retire in a few short years. I have just over 100 acres on my place and intend on using this to learn how to no till fall and summer plots. To this end I just purchased a 507 drill and a 6 foot Goliath crimper to add to my equipment. Looking forward to my new adventure in no till!

Attachments

• 20230211_123633.jpg
    20230211_123633.jpg
    848.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230211_122058.jpg
    20230211_122058.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 6
Helitech here, joined due to the great information on the Saya drills on here. Upper 50s in age, grew up and still live in NE Mississippi. We farmed soybeans, dairy and beef cattle and of course lots of hay. Lifetime technician on trucks, diesel engines, lawnmowers and helicopters and anything in between! Deer hunting for me is really deer watching, unless my lovely bride ask for a doe. I love planting deer plots, I guess it goes back to my roots growing up. I like to stay busy, and want to do some deer food plot work for people when I retire in a few short years. I have just over 100 acres on my place and intend on using this to learn how to no till fall and summer plots. To this end I just purchased a 507 drill and a 6 foot Goliath crimper to add to my equipment. Looking forward to my new adventure in no till!

Welcome to H-T