Where do you manage (see map)

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
IMG_3404.JPG

Where do you manage property? I am just a little curious as to where our friends are all from on this forum. I am in section 2, but right now I am in GA after a week in SC. I have probably spent more time in SC than any other state in which I do not have any personal or business interest. Driving to GA yesterday all I saw was thick nice habitat for deer to hide. I would like to manage something down here. I know the soil isn’t as rich, the long season, hunting styles ( I think you can hunt with dogs in SC but someone can Forrest me), and bag limits make it tough but I do like it down here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MI, 3 on your map.

Right in the center of section 2.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I will keep a running total as this gets going. I like knowing how many members from different areas because managing is certainly different in those three impromptu zones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 South East Minnesota

#3, NW Wisconsin, and Southern MN.

Zone #2 - Indiana.

Not to be picky, but if folks list their USDA zones or their general area it will be even more informational than your map. That is why we sort of encourage listing it. Just an observation.

Zone #2 - Indiana.

Not to be picky, but if folks list their USDA zones or their general area it will be even more informational than your map. That is why we sort of encourage listing it. Just an observation.

Just sayin huh ... :emoji_slight_smile:

No way I'll ever buy again where they run dogs!

I guess you did say manage, there's no managing anything when dogs are running all over your property.

#3 - WI

feels more like -1

#1 - SW AR. We still have legal dog hunting - but not many folks do it anymore because of not having a block of land of thousands of acres to hunt anymore. Dog hunting pretty much started dying when the timber companies started leasing 25 years ago.

My property is on the border of 1 and 2 in NC very close to TN and VA.

I grew up in SC and all my family lives down there. The 3 month rifle season and insane bag limit is one of the main reasons I decided to look elsewhere. You could have legally killed 17 deer in the upstate last year and those are the new strict regulations. 20 years ago wild hogs were rare in most parts of the state, now they're everywhere. There is plenty of deer cover and the growing season is very long but the SC DNR would have to make some serious changes to make it worth managing property from out of state, of course I'm sure there are worse locations.

As far as dogs go, that's only legal in certain counties, basically the bottom half of the state.

#3. WTNUT, create a poll?

3 very NE Wi

3 - Ontario

Number 3, Portage county Wisconsin

#3 west central, MN

#1 / zone 8b in North Florida. Land / soil wise have more in common with south Georgia than areas in central and south FL.

Zone 2 All the way to the east. Central Virginia