Whats under your Sleeve?

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Been quiet on here. I know some of you have been planting.

Put in Williams pride, pristine, chestnut, and 2 empires on M111, a cranberry and dogo on B118, and put a enterprise on M7 for a friend at camp in a grow pot for his new home. Got rootstocks, (3) gallarinas, a sundance, and second enterprise for the house. Giving mulberry trees a try up north too.

Big shout out to Turkey creek for sqeezing in a second empire in my order. Wife is pretty happy about it.

With the snowstorm over the weekend, I had to give away a few trees that were supposed to go up north, but got plenty to plant in root maker pots for this late summer / fall.

I wanted to try a couple different treesso ordered a couple from different place.Wish I would have ordered from Turkey Creek no question on his trees

Planted 14 trees out of my nursery a month ago. Not sure what they are, but I must've grafted them for a reason. Planted 30 more asparagus crowns last week. Not much else going on.

I’ve been planting all week. Got a big order from the Wildlife Group of pears and oaks.
Was not happy with them substituting three of the pear trees…was really looking forward to getting a few I’ve been wanting to try. TS Hardy , Harrows Delight and Warren…they sent me a few southern varieties instead that I have zero interest in. The bill of lading even listed the original order and had everything checked off.
I’ve bought from WG a couple of times over the years and have been very pleased with the service and growth of trees. I am not happy now, left them a message and they haven’t called me back.

I’ve been planting all week. Got a big order from the Wildlife Group of pears and oaks.
Was not happy with them substituting three of the pear trees…was really looking forward to getting a few I’ve been wanting to try. TS Hardy , Harrows Delight and Warren…they sent me a few southern varieties instead that I have zero interest in. The bill of lading even listed the original order and had everything checked off.
I’ve bought from WG a couple of times over the years and have been very pleased with the service and growth of trees. I am not happy now, left them a message and they haven’t called me back.
I received my first ever order from TWG last month. I ordered 1 Yates Apple , 2 Gilmer Christmas pears and 3 Wildlife pears.
Upon opening the box I received 1 Yates apple , 2 Kieffer pears, 2 Wildlife pears and 1 untagged tree.

You say they " substituted " 3 of your trees , I just think their current shipping staff is prone to making A LOT lots of mistakes. I called Candice at TWG , and explained the situation AND I E mailed her pictures of 2 trees tagged Kieffer ( that I didn't order) and the 1 untagged mystery tree. They made it right , and the next week sent me the 2 Gilmer Christmas pears and 1 Tree Tagged Wildlife pear that I ordered. I got to keep the Kieffers and untagged mystery tree , Now let me be clear I just wanted what I ordered, It's their mistake , I took pictures of what they sent me to prove it.

In the past I have ordered from NativNurseris , Whitetail Crabs and Blue Hill and always got the correct number of trees and they were all tagged. I know mistakes can happen , but TWG seems to have issues, it's not unusual to see folks post that they were sent "several extra trees" in their order (must of been somebody else's trees) ... or received the wrong trees and trees with no tags .

Last edited:
Planted Haralson, freedom, and big deer crab from St. Lawrence nursery. Also planted winter deer pear and sweet advent pear from Blue hill. Grafted 10 Antokova rootstock from blue hill, the rootstock was enormous, almost too big.

The Kieffers they sent by mistake are growing great , busted out with leaves. I -THINK- the untagged mystery tree is a Kieffer as well since it's at the same stage as the tagged Kieffers. The Wildlife and Gilmer Christmas pears aren't as far along....they appear to have buds that are just about ready to bust open any day now.

I just planted the last 5 fruit trees I intend to plant for the rest of my life. This doesn't include me transplanting shrubs and an occasional persimmon sprout. I could change my mind, but I doubt it.

* Another Arkansas Black (This makes 4 for me)
* Another Sundance (This makes 3 for me)
* Another Enterprise (This is my second one)
* Ruby Rush (planted one last year and decided to take a chance on another)
* Galarina (planted one last year and decided to take a chance on another)

At my home and my farm, I have way more fruit trees than anyone could every need. The time has come for restraint.

Lol Native Hunter. I'm probably close to your age. An addict doesn't just walk away. Wait till next spring.

After putting in ~200 fruit trees over the last 6 years, decided to take a year off from planted and just take better care of trees that I have. I'm pretty capped out on space anyways.

I received my first ever order from TWG last month. I ordered 1 Yates Apple , 2 Gilmer Christmas pears and 3 Wildlife pears.
Upon opening the box I received 1 Yates apple , 2 Kieffer pears, 2 Wildlife pears and 1 untagged tree.

You say they " substituted " 3 of your trees , I just think their current shipping staff is prone to making A LOT lots of mistakes. I called Candice at TWG , and explained the situation AND I E mailed her pictures of 2 trees tagged Kieffer ( that I didn't order) and the 1 untagged mystery tree. They made it right , and the next week sent me the 2 Gilmer Christmas pears and 1 Tree Tagged Wildlife pear that I ordered. I got to keep the Kieffers and untagged mystery tree , Now let me be clear I just wanted what I ordered, It's their mistake , I took pictures of what they sent me to prove it.

In the past I have ordered from NativNurseris , Whitetail Crabs and Blue Hill and always got the correct number of trees and they were all tagged. I know mistakes can happen , but TWG seems to have issues, it's not unusual to see folks post that they were sent "several extra trees" in their order (must of been somebody else's trees) ... or received the wrong trees and trees with no tags .

I’ve called twice and left messages, will keep trying.
They sent me two Keiffers two Gilmer Christmas and an Orient that I wanted.
The other three I don’t want at all are Dixie Delight Arther Ledbetter and their Railroad pear. I really wanted the three I ordered, the southern varieties I got I had no need or want for. Hopefully TWG will make it right.

Like many of you have posted I’m well over 200 fruit trees now too, always thinking I’m done but then see a variety I wouldn’t mind trying.
I’ve always got room for more!
Over 75% of what I have planted are just for wildlife…but one of these days I’m going to get into the cider game.

I’ve called twice and left messages, will keep trying.
They sent me two Keiffers two Gilmer Christmas and an Orient that I wanted.
The other three I don’t want at all are Dixie Delight Arther Ledbetter and their Railroad pear. I really wanted the three I ordered, the southern varieties I got I had no need or want for. Hopefully TWG will make it right.

Like many of you have posted I’m well over 200 fruit trees now too, always thinking I’m done but then see a variety I wouldn’t mind trying.
I’ve always got room for more!
Over 75% of what I have planted are just for wildlife…but one of these days I’m going to get into the cider game.
Good Luck H20fwler , I had no problem contacting them in Feb. The UPS truck dropped my trees off around 10:30 am, and I spoke to TWG on the phone around 11 am. This was my first ever order with them and they made it right, so I can't complain. I hope they do the same for you. That Railroad pear sounds interesting to me ....I thought about ordering one , but the write up said "had a small dose of fire blight but bounced back like a champ" , so just I stuck with the Gilmer Christmas & Wildlife pear. If you planted this Railroad pear I hope you'll post some updates in the future on how it performs on your land.

I only have 57 acres....I think I have around 32 pears & crabs in my plot , 6 apple trees in the front yard and a dozen pear trees in the yard. I might have room for a dozen more trees total in the yard and plot and then I'm done.

Not habitat related but I've been busy breaking down and servicing fishing reels. Lots of reasons fish get away. Faulty gear shouldn't be one of them especially when it counts. And it always counts....

IMG_3625.jpeg

Patiently waiting for my trees to arrive next week. I know my bluehill trees are shipping out monday and Terry from WCs said hes going to try and send mine out early next week. Hoping they arrive before next weekend since my trees are getting planted 2 hours away. Excited about the bluehill trees! Ryan has been great at answering all of my questions. Hope the trees do good in my sandy soil.

Flying home from spring break in the BVI’s now. Incredible habitat, much different than Wisco. Not looking forward to the cold.

(7) trees from Turkey Creek at home waiting for me. Heading to the farm tomorrow night for a Saturday planting!

(3) Cherry
(2) Peach
(1) Plum
(1) Pear

Forget the varieties but adding more non-apples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a few reels to service here too. Launching a row boat in the NYC reservoir system tomorrow. Redid transom, made wheels to roll it towards the water, general cleanup. Have to leave them at the reservoir and get a reservation to steam clean them. North Carolina will be back bay fishing with the Kayaks last week of may. Enjoy the weather down there, but do enjoy the warming up here in NY, at least until my allergies flare up.......

Few can say they have enough apples.......... You re pretty close Ed. M111's and Anty's should be here saturday or early next week for those scions you sent me. If I get some time saturday, I am putting a few trees and treestands up at the farmland I hunt about. Kerr, a few 30-06's, and maybe a 5ft anty seedling.

I just planted the last 5 fruit trees I intend to plant for the rest of my life. This doesn't include me transplanting shrubs and an occasional persimmon sprout. I could change my mind, but I doubt it.

* Another Arkansas Black (This makes 4 for me)
* Another Sundance (This makes 3 for me)
* Another Enterprise (This is my second one)
* Ruby Rush (planted one last year and decided to take a chance on another)
* Galarina (planted one last year and decided to take a chance on another)

At my home and my farm, I have way more fruit trees than anyone could every need. The time has come for restraint.

I said I was done planting at home after this season...... Then I read up about Ruby Rush...... Putting sundance and 2 or 3 galarinas in from Mehrabyan nursery in NY. Might put a galarina in an air pruning pot for a friends new house He needs to do excavator work on the lawn before he can plant trees. Got a Liberty and Enterprise for him already. Might give him an extra crossbow or droptine If he has room.

Good Luck H20fwler , I had no problem contacting them in Feb. The UPS truck dropped my trees off around 10:30 am, and I spoke to TWG on the phone around 11 am. This was my first ever order with them and they made it right, so I can't complain. I hope they do the same for you. That Railroad pear sounds interesting to me ....I thought about ordering one , but the write up said "had a small dose of fire blight but bounced back like a champ" , so just I stuck with the Gilmer Christmas & Wildlife pear. If you planted this Railroad pear I hope you'll post some updates in the future on how it performs on your land.

I only have 57 acres....I think I have around 32 pears & crabs in my plot , 6 apple trees in the front yard and a dozen pear trees in the yard. I might have room for a dozen more trees total in the yard and plot and then I'm done.

Just got off the phone with them after sending pics of my invoice and the three trees I don’t want.
Allen said they have the right to substitute and they will NOT refund or send me trees that will grow in my zone.
So BUYER BEWARE The Wildlife Group nursery is NOT a stand up business at all. Do NOT buy from them! I have completely lost faith in them TWG is shady.

Still can’t believe the way I just got owned by TWG.
Imagine if you pre ordered twenty trees from any nursery in the country. Let’s say you bought twenty Liberty on M111 and then when your order came they had sent you 20 red delicious on G96? You call them and they say “we have the right to substitute no refunds”.

How in any world would that be good business practice?
Just unreal. TWG is a joke, what a bunch of tools.

Still can’t believe the way I just got owned by TWG.
Imagine if you pre ordered twenty trees from any nursery in the country. Let’s say you bought twenty Liberty on M111 and then when your order came they had sent you 20 red delicious on G96? You call them and they say “we have the right to substitute no refunds”.

How in any world would that be good business practice?
Just unreal. TWG is a joke, what a bunch of tools.

Make sure you go give them a terrible review on google or the likes. That’s BS for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk