What's for dinner?

That looks tasty^

Y'all are killing me. All this good food makes me want cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new job in retirement is food assessor. Your address is what Tree Spud ???? :D:) ( post #98 )

Add another slice of whole grain toast and make the eggs " hard smashers " and I'll be over for breakfast !! I'll make the home fries to bring along.

Started marinating about half a backstrap in a little balsamic vinegar sealed in a Ziploc freezer bag in the fridge two days ago, flipping it whenever I opened the door for anything.
Took it out this afternoon and scored the meat with the grain about 3/4 of the way through;

yutdPMR.jpg

Threw it on the top shelf of the grill high heat for about eight minutes turning it a couple times;

zPN3mxk.jpg

Here it is ready to go with a dollop of sour cream&onion dip mixed with horseradish, some onion/baby Dutch yellows and mushrooms steamed in butter on the grill and a small wedge of sweet cornbread.
You could cut it with a spoon...cooked this way outside 1X1" strips are done while inside strips are medium rare, something for everyone.

23EBM3s.jpg

And there was plenty left over to take to work for lunch!

Last edited:
Started marinating about half a backstrap in a little balsamic vinegar sealed in a Ziploc freezer bag in the fridge two days ago, flipping it whenever I opened the door for anything.
Took it out this afternoon and scored the meat with the grain about 3/4 of the way through;

Threw it on the top shelf of the grill high heat for about eight minutes turning it a couple times;

Here it is ready to go with a dollop of sour cream&onion dip mixed with horseradish, some onion/baby Dutch yellows and mushrooms steamed in butter on the grill and a small wedge of sweet cornbread.
You could cut it with a spoon...cooked this way outside 1X1" strips are done while inside strips are medium rare, something for everyone.

Man, that looks good!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fresh fried catfish, bluegill, and deboned dove (including hearts, gizards, and legs).
cc33161d664690bdb91e0e78d2264fa6.jpg

Yeah Daddy, you got a great flavor to that venison going I am sure! Did you have soft butter & honey for that shortbread or grape jelly like my buddies in the south like?

Fresh fried catfish, bluegill, and deboned dove (including hearts, gizards, and legs).
cc33161d664690bdb91e0e78d2264fa6.jpg

Kat-man-do! I would provide any assistance needed for that feast ... I am definitely a visceral & organ man, the gout is beginning to temper my desires though ... :(

Kat-man-do! I would provide any assistance needed for that feast ... I am definitely a visceral & organ man, the gout is beginning to temper my desires though ... :(
The more the merrier at dinner! Hard to share food on the Internet though. My boy (who caught and shot most of this) will take it to school to share with his friends at lunch tomorrow.

The more the merrier at dinner! Hard to share food on the Internet though. My boy (who caught and shot most of this) will take it to school to share with his friends at lunch tomorrow.

Growing up my Dad, brother, and I would go walk down to the local pond and go fishing for bluegills & perch. Catch half a bucket full and filet them. Take them back on a Sunday morning and my Mom would bread the filets & fry them in a cast iron skillet, have fried potatoes & onions, & over easy eggs & buttered toast for breakfast ... life couldn't get much better back much then ...

Growing up my Dad, brother, and I would go walk down to the local pond and go fishing for bluegills & perch. Catch half a bucket full and filet them. Take them back on a Sunday morning and my Mom would bread the filets & fry them in a cast iron skillet, have fried potatoes & onions, & over easy eggs & buttered toast for breakfast ... life couldn't get much better back much then ...
Sounds great!

Yeah Daddy, you got a great flavor to that venison going I am sure! Did you have soft butter & honey for that shortbread or grape jelly like my buddies in the south like?

Butter&honey!

Made the mistake of checking this thread before eating supper again. I'm like a moth to a porch light with this thread. :mad: Lucky for me I've got 2 Pyrex dishes full of chicken thighs done with Frank's hot sauce, lime juice, brushed on top with just enough honey to make some thyme and rosemary stick. And I made a BIG stock pot of loose Italian sausage, tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano, green beans, onion soup mix - and just before it's done simmering - I add meat and cheese tortellini for the last 7 to 8 minutes of cooking. That'll hold me !! :)