What's for dinner?

First crab boil I’ve ever done. Will do again! Fresh garden corn was great too.

aa8f3b2fa1b780a93f1687c9c6eae5d1.jpg

Have been wanting to try mex street corn for a while and we got some fresh corn the other day plus Makenzie was going back to college and wanted steaks so...

Makenzie, Logan and I enjoyed it, but the wife wouldn't try it. We also had salad and baked taters. I will be having leftovers tonight.

I grilled a tri-tip last night. Sometimes called a Santa Maria steak. They don’t show up around here very often so I grabbed it when I saw it.
190279BF-1EAB-466D-8B06-C52561B6D6DA.jpeg3B78B96B-8169-4210-A579-3372073082AE.jpeg

Marinated trimmed thick pork chops in zesty Italian for five hours in fridge.
Put in baking dish, sliced up a bunch of potatoes and one small onion added cheese Parmesan milk butter a little Tony’s and pepper. Sealed spuds in tinfoil sealed all up with foil baked low and slow at 275 for four hours.

It turned out to better than my grandmother could have done! One of those rare times that is just lightning in a bottle…everything so tender. Scalloped potatoes are unreal. Don’t know if I could do it again if I tried.

I can’t wait to have the leftovers at work!

CC727BAA-210D-480E-BBEF-F7620A99C5C3.jpeg

^^^^^
That’s a yes for me. Yum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great!

How did you prepare and cook the heart? That looks delicious!

I removed the fat and everything else that isn’t meat. I cut the heart into 3 main parts and gently flattened them with a meat mallet to get a consistent thickness.

I put a thin coat of olive oil on both sides and added garlic salt and pepper (any spices you like).

Finally, I cooked the heart in a skillet (olive oil) for less than 2 minutes on each side. Don’t go past medium rare. Thinly sliced heart makes great fajita meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B173AC6F-4F6F-4327-BD34-70D5085CF01A.jpegHad a large freezer bag full of pheasant thighs and the family kept requesting it….Cream of pheasant and wild rice with morel mushrooms.

I forgot how long it takes to make this, well worth it!

C97700E7-7CA1-4792-8082-F390C8E75480.jpegA “what’s for breakfast”

I’m off work on vacation for a month and a half with nothing to do but hunt and relax…..

Made some cat head biscuits last night and whipped up some sausage gravy this morning with a little cheese and bacon thrown in to start the day!

View attachment 37597A “what’s for breakfast”

I’m off work on vacation for a month and a half with nothing to do but hunt and relax…..

Made some cat head biscuits last night and whipped up some sausage gravy this morning with a little cheese and bacon thrown in to start the day!

Damn, that looks good!

Yep, I could eat a bowl of that this morning!

It does indeed look good. H20 isn’t afraid of the butter and cream :emoji_relaxed:

Made this several weeks back. One of the best looking briskets I have ever made. Unfortunately, I overcooked it and it was dry. The burnt ends and street corn were great though. Also smoked some andouille and kielbasa.