All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the difference between these two spreaders?

No difference. They are all made in Italy. I bought one from Roth/Loyal that is exactly the same. Just make sure the one on Craigslist isn't rusted on inside.

Cosmo (Italy) makes many of the cone spreaders for LOTS of companies. They all stick their labels on similar products. Price looks good.......but you better have some level land and go slow with a loaded spreader. They are known to be "tippy".....and lots of folks replace them with a 3-point spreader if they can.

I kinda want one of these but I would go three point

$310.00

I used one with wheels for many years and was aggravated more than once, in fact too many times. I now have a three point cone spreader and I am much, much happier.

I decided to hold off on the tractor and told the guy out west to hang on to it for a few years yet. For various reasons.

That is why I am going this route.

I am going to hire the neighbor to do the tilling next year and I'll do the rest of the work.

I sent a the guy an e-mail. It's kind of a hike for me but wanted to see if he will come down more.

Looks like the guy will meet me in Madison as he has a trip planned there. This should work out good.

I have the cosmo, works great. Watch out for rocks, can make it tip. Had a cover made by a local tarp place so seed and fertilizer didn't bounce out when traveling to fields.

Not good for small seeds, turnips etc. I use lawn spreader for them.

I have the cosmo, works great. Watch out for rocks, can make it tip. Had a cover made by a local tarp place so seed and fertilizer didn't bounce out when traveling to fields.

Not good for small seeds, turnips etc. I use lawn spreader for them.

My land is very flat. So I'm sure if I hit some hard bumps too fast it may tip. But I think it might be a good fit for me. Looks like I am picking it up in Madison on Saturday.

I hope everything goes well Saturday.

I hope everything goes well Saturday.

I just told you I needed to save my money for a packer. But this is one I can't pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to strike when the irons hot.

Got to strike when the irons hot.

I was going to pay full retail next year at FF so yeah. Its a good chunk of money.

Cosmo (Italy) makes many of the cone spreaders for LOTS of companies. They all stick their labels on similar products. Price looks good.......but you better have some level land and go slow with a loaded spreader. They are known to be "tippy".....and lots of folks replace them with a 3-point spreader if they can.
I did. The front arm on them is weak. If you load It with fertilizer and drive it on bumpy ground it will break. Plus all the pins, holes, everything is metric. Drove me nuts.

Be sure to spray down with kerosene or something to prevent rust after using. No signs of rust on mine doing this with a product called Fluid Film.

b7aabcd055c57def974b5e6305161ba8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody has a new toy, I mean piece of equipment.