All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you get for Christmas?

Peeps

5 year old buck +
I won't know till tomor morning but I thought it would be fun to see what everyone got habitat wise for Christmas. So post your loot here. I bet there will be some interesting gifts posted. Merry Christmas to all!!!

I'll be happy to have another year being able to be out in the woods enjoying God's creation. Merry Christmas!!!

Got a Wildgame Innovations SIM card reader for checking cams and a Felco pruner, and a new pair of cold weather boots, Baffrin's. Also got a pair of boot dryers.

Last edited:
I picked up a Heater Body suit a little while ago, early present.

I got a few new SD cards for trail cameras, bought the new trail cams a couple months ago for myself for Christmas!:) The rest will be giftcards to local ag/hardware stores.

I got some cool looking grapple that you use with an atv to pull small trees or move tops around. No habitat pole, hopefully tomorrow.

Great Christmas morning!! Woke up to a light dusting of snow. I got a new machete and a 26 gallon atv broadcast and spot sprayer.

Got chaps. Have done a lot of work without them. Shame on me.

I was out yesterday getting my climbing stand to hunt another property. In the process I kicked up the buck I have hunted all season - and he was needed right where I expected him to be. We have archery season in my area until the 4th so there is a significant chance he will survive the season. Which means there is a real chance of him being even bigger next year. This is the first real nice buck I have ever had calling my property home - may not be the traditional gift - but it's a pretty good one!!!!!

That is a great purchase. I have a nasty habit of going fast when I'm cutting and have put moving chain on my upper leg many times ripping up my jeans and somehow not my skin. I finally got smart and got some chaps.

I bought the same thing for my dad.
The safety aspect aside, they are really nice to keep your pants dry and clean while using them.

I picked up a Heater Body suit a little while ago, early present.

I thought about getting one of those for late season archery. I just hate shooting in bulky clothes!

I got those as well. I think they'll take a bit of getting used to, but they seem pretty comfortable.
Not quite habitat related, but I got A First lite Chama sweater/baselayer in ASAT, and the Chama bottoms as well. Incredibly soft! 2 pairs of smartwool mens super heavy socks. I also got a mini greenhouse for our glassed in porch so that I can start veggies and seeds in the winter for my Mom.

Best of all.... I got to spend time with my family. Even though I see them all a lot (I still live with my parents since I'm in school, and both of my sisters live 4 blocks away) there is something magical about the holidays.

Anyone have one of those Milwaukee heated jackets. I know a guy who has one but doesn't use it for hunting. He loves it. I was gonna buy one for the ole lady but buying this 80 acres dipped into my reserves.
Is there any other quality heated camo(or heated base layers) out there?

Anyone have one of those Milwaukee heated jackets. I know a guy who has one but doesn't use it for hunting. He loves it. I was gonna buy one for the ole lady but buying this 80 acres dipped into my reserves.

I have a Milwaukee jacket and an extra battery pack. Bought it last fall when it went from 60 degrees to 15 degrees on night during bow season and stayed there. I never used it this year but it was nice when it got cold last fall. I used it over my base layers and under another coat, couldn't put it on high or it cooked me.

cabelas has their heated vests on sale right now. can't remember the brand off hand but I have one and it seems to work alright. I only wore it once last year as this year was too warm. worth a look being as they are like half off as of yesterday

I got a game scale. Wish I had been weighing our deer for the past 10 years.

Got a Wildgame Innovations SIM card reader for checking cams and a Felco pruner, and a new pair of cold weather boots, Baffrin's. Also got a pair of boot dryers.

Love my Baffin boots ! I'm sure you'll be impressed! !

Pretty unconventional gift (bought it for myself :))

-John

I got a new pole saw and a couple ladder stands,bought my daughter and wife a IWOM suit to share