Video worth watching

Foggy47

5 year old buck +
Been following one guy's efforts on his land in Michigan. Good video content on him using a Tar River conventional drill as a "no till" drill to do food plots. Video Channel is "The Back 40" and Mark is the operator. Likely some of the first video I saw on no till drills. Worth a look if your considering such stuff.. He's likely made about a dozen presentations on his efforts. over the past 5 years.

Been following one guy's efforts on his land in Michigan. Good video content on him using a Tar River conventional drill as a "no till" drill to do food plots. Video Channel is "The Back 40" and Mark is the operator. Likely some of the first video I saw on no till drills. Worth a look if your considering such stuff.. He's likely made about a dozen presentations on his efforts. over the past 5 years.

Good video. I hope he doesn't go down the path of trying to irrigate that. A sandpoint isn't gonna produce the gallons he needs to make a difference. That guy needs deep rooted biennials and perennials if he wants to beat the drought makers. And he needs to let them go to late July / early August. He should be able to make that if he's in Michigan.

Good video. I hope he doesn't go down the path of trying to irrigate that. A sandpoint isn't gonna produce the gallons he needs to make a difference. That guy needs deep rooted biennials and perennials if he wants to beat the drought makers. And he needs to let them go to late July / early August. He should be able to make that if he's in Michigan.
He is a member here....but seldom visits. I think your partly right.....but he did say he needed to terminate the weeds after 5 years and kinda start over. Hard to do that in a drought. I've followed his videos for a few years now.....and he is learning things like most of us on his land.....some works / some doesn't. I agree with you on a sand point well....hard to get enough output for significant irrigation.......tho he is only doing a few smaller plots.

Now I really want a grain drill 😀

Now I really want a grain drill 😀
I really think he has good entry level information for lots of folks that are considering.grain drill. I would reccomend watching his progression from the start. It's informative and somewhat entertaining. He uses a low cost 3 point grain drill as a no-till drill......and it makes perfect sense.....WITH THE RIGHT SOILS (light / sandy).

I started watching his videos and I like them. My soil is sandy too but I also have rocks. Guess it’s time to pick rocks and build a rock wall

I started watching his videos and I like them. My soil is sandy too but I also have rocks. Guess it’s time to pick rocks and build a rock wall
Lots of folks get along with a drill in rocks. Trick is to go S L O W and to get decent blades. I think the Great Plains / Landpride are better than some others in this area.