Esch, truax, and Tye no till drills

Enjoy the new implement.

If parts are hard to come by, you might want to order a few spare parts. Opening disc, closer wheel, cup tube, etc.....

For all you cheap skates out there, I've been seeing a few woods super seeders used for about 3 grand NY/NJ area. A 5ft brillion cultipacker seeder for $900 in CT.

Good advice. I thought the openers might be a common part across different manufacturers but i'll call them and ask about common spares.

I did plan on ordering spare foam metering wheels based on @Diesel5610's recommendation.

So what was last year's price on 505, I did find a new one locally for $5400.
i ordered mine a year ago and it just came in last month and thats what i paid, they held the price from last year, i think they will be higher than 5400$ now.

i ordered mine a year ago and it just came in last month and thats what i paid, they held the price from last year, i think they will be higher than 5400$ now.
I think that was the same price I paid in August '21.

Looks like $12,200 for that 3' model from Esch. The L2501 will just barely tow it (could not handle the 3-point version). 3' probably seems like a pain in the ass to most people but if you have a small tractor and don't have huge plots to plant, maybe it is fine. I love my L2501 so thank you for sharing. I never heard of Esch before and now I'm interested.

Finally used the 3’ esch yesterday, I’m happy so far. My L3560 didn’t have to work very hard, I’d not have any concerns with a L2501.

Looks like over $13K now. I'm just going to watch for a year and see if somebody lists one they regret buying. I feel like this size falls into that category.

Looks like over $13K now. I'm just going to watch for a year and see if somebody lists one they regret buying. I feel like this size falls into that category.

Yeah, i could see people who grow the acreage they are planting wanting to upsize. I'm only planting 4-5 acres and after yesterday my concerns about the planting time with only 3' at a time are gone. It was better than I expected. When I was in my research phase i saw a handful of 3' genesis drills for sale and a gen3 would be cheaper in 3 point configuration and comparable (i think?) with the hydraulic kit if you don't care about coulters or a small seed box.

I chose the Esch over the genesis for a few reasons:
-small seed box option was cheaper - my research indicated the genesis would not plant pure small brassica/clover seeds or blends at a low enough rate without adding filler
-comes with coulters, they were useful yesterday cutting through the tough RCG sod mat
-7 planting rows at 5.5" spacing vs 5 at 7.5" spacing
-Seemed there were common complaints with inconsistent planting depths, specifically with the 3' 3pt model on the genesis facebook group.

I was close to pulling the trigger on a Land Pride 3P 500. I was in OZ all winter and could never look at one. Had a price quoted to me in Jan of 12,xxx. Was going to sale my Saya 5'er if the Land Pride was satisfactory in sand like mine.

FINALLY got to look at one in May at my dealer. Had one in inventory with small seed box....but now the price was $3000 + more. Decided that was too much for what it was.

Dealer says that folks are happy with these units for no till in sandy land. Not sure if they will work when you have lots of biomass. My Tar River is about the same weight, same openers, same capacity. Only thing I wish for is closing wheels.....but so far the Saya cage roller seems to perform ok. Maybe it works better than wheels in thick mulch....it is pretty aggressive.

Still.....if I find a gently used 3P500 in LP or GP I will buy it for a fair price. At least there are choices nd competition for this market now.