Venison burgers

Bszweda

5 year old buck +
First attempt at making venison burgers. They turned out pretty good.( mixed in bacon)

Attachments

• 2ABB6151-8609-4F63-A1FA-8325AC80E92B.jpeg
    2ABB6151-8609-4F63-A1FA-8325AC80E92B.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 36
Awesome - share your recipe please. I use 1 pound of ground venison, 1 pound of ground beef, one egg, and 1/4 cup of Bread crumbs. Knead it all together and then make eight big burger patties. Cooked medium rare.

I never could stand the taste of venison burgers. When the kids came along and a need for more burger arose I started grinding pork with it. I'd remove the loins and grind the rest with 2 untrimmed pork butts. Season to taste and your condiments of choice. This I really like. I don't need to add a binder when grilling so long as burgers are not cooked to well done.

I just use venison, nothing else, some salt and pepper of course. The trick is to have the grill at the correct heat so that you only flip once. They can hold together.

Just straight Venison here. As good as it gets.

I just mixed a pound of venison with about 1/3 pound of bacon. The recipe I was following called for 20 percent pork fat, but grocery stores in my neck of the woods don’t sell it. I hate the say it but I prefer beef over venison.

20% beef fat (from the kidney area if your butcher will do it) mixed. Tastes like ground beef.

Got be honest... I don't like deer hamburgers much. Ground deer is best when it's mostly pig or cow.

1:1 ratio of beef to venison makes a damn fine meat ball. I love the meatballs my wife's buddy makes and I always thought they were 100% venison, but she let me in on the little secret of her recipe.

1:1 ratio here too. That pleases the wifey and kids. Sometimes we add a packet of Lipton's mushroom and onion soup mix per lb. Or a packet of ranch makes some tasty ranch burgers.

We ad a little beef suet to our deer meat when grinding...venison burgers are fantastic!

1:1 with us too. 100% venison is just too dry / lean.

I have about a dozen venison burger recipes. I love them.

Getting ready to grill some now. We get our deer processed and always have 1/3 pork added. When making burgers, in addition to the spices, we like to include real bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese to the mix.

The only red meat we eat at home is deer. We add 20% bacon to the second grind when we process ground venison. Makes great deer burgers. Ate one today my wife stuffed with cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon. Delicious!20180310_185908.jpg

My local processor gives my hunting buddy and myself pork fat that his customers do not want when they bring in a pig for processing. This gets added at about a 20% ration to the ground venison. Otherwise it is just too dry for my tastes. Same thing when making venison brats or other types of venison sausages. The pork fat just pumps up the taste of the venison. We were given and used 90 pounds of pork fat last season.

I have em do 10% beef fat when I take it in. We had venison burgers tonight.