Turkey Creek Nursery

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
So last year was my introduction to the world of apples and grafting. I was not confident going in but I was energetic. I stuck an accord TurkeyCreek, Chris is a very nice guy and great to work with. Being as I was new to grafting I wanted to make sure this tree lived on in case she tumble over before I could get a graft to take. Crazy enough I got 1 of my own Homestead crab grafts to take on a B118 but that's a top for another discussion.

I sent Chris some scions of this tree and he agreed to graft some to B118 for me. What I received from Chris was astonishing. These things had huge root balls. my mistake for not taking a pic of the roots. However wow, the growth they put on in Nebraska is crazy. This is one of three that I planted, this one is at my parents house, they originally had the house where this tree currently grows. Its where I grew up, hence, Homestead Crab. It is a red crab that gets about two inches in size and is a sweet flavor, wild life love it, it holds into December here. With the mild winter the last one fell in February this year.

These are forty eight inch window screens, so this tree is roughly fifty five inches tall. Astonishing what Chris was able to pull off with a new graft and one year of growth. If anyone has every considered trees from Chris or to send him scions prepare to be fully impressed when they arrive.

They had about an inch caliper already, wowzers.

Thanks Chrishmstd.JPG
hmstd2.JPG
hmstd3.JPG

I got some apple trees from Turkey Creek this year too and was impressed and very happy with his trees and service....super nice guy and very helpful......Thanks Chris

My pleasure. Thanks guys.

I just planted some turkey creek trees today at my new home site. Took my 3 young boys (4,3 an 1) and planted 2 enterprise and 1 Liberty. One for each kid. Let me tell you it was a job haha but they had a heck of a time. Should have took pics but my hands were beyond full.
I know the enterprise were on m106 but can't remember what the Liberty was on. You remember Chris? It was a tree you t budded.