Trailcam pics

I hung this grapevine about four years ago and I don't think a single buck has ever used it until tonight lol
You know him or have history? He’s badass

That’s a good looking buck

1000031431.jpg1000031432.jpg

You know him or have history? He’s badass
Yeah, I posted a couple of video clips of him in Velvet earlier in this thread. I think he is just 4.5. I passed him in muzzleloader last year because he was one of our mandatory pass bucks - he looked like a 2.5-3.5 but had an impressive rack. Other than a few fork horns, he was the most visible buck last year. This year he is a bit more nocturnal for now but he shows up on pretty much a couple of cameras every day or night.

Attachments

• 30.jpeg
    30.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 5 (4).jpeg
    5 (4).jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 33
Is a he take for you this year? I mean seems like a dumb question for 99% of the world but I get trying to wait for 5.5.

Is a he take for you this year? I mean seems like a dumb question for 99% of the world but I get trying to wait for 5.5.
Just waiting on the right conditions to go after him. I don't think there is any chance he makes it through this year between us and the neighbors. He was just so daylight active last year and through this summer. We are still holding our breath with EHD running through the farms with no rain in sight, so I don't think we can afford to be all that patient.

Just waiting on the right conditions to go after him. I don't think there is any chance he makes it through this year between us and the neighbors. He was just so daylight active last year and through this summer. We are still holding our breath with EHD running through the farms with no rain in sight, so I don't think we can afford to be all that patient.
I get it totally and wish you luck! I can’t wait for you to put a tape on him….
And we are in the same boat, if it hadn’t been for the hurricane we would be pushing 2 months and counting with zero rain.

Had a new buck show up. Not much to look at, but big enough to be a problem I think. 😂
8.jpeg
My regular was not impressed...
5.jpeg
Still hoping for something a little better to show...

Kind of weird this buck hasn't fully shed his velvet yet. I feel like that is often a sign of something not good.

Attachments

• 23 (1).jpeg
    23 (1).jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 26
Kind of weird this buck hasn't fully shed his velvet yet. I feel like that is often a sign of something not good.

That is a hammer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New buck. Handsome fella.
27e3b6600c2af06c911f358d68237fb3.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out this weird thing. Not saying it's an old deer but looks older than a yearling to me. I always get some odd looking bucks around me for some reason.

Check out this weird thing. Not saying it's an old deer but looks older than a yearling to me. I always get some odd looking bucks around me for some reason.

That is odd