Trailcam pics

4aee8377f0bc05b01b8fed121f34d855.jpg

f4e68d7666955dde349a716a0e6db6a3.jpg

Couple from overnight.

It's not uncommon for me to get the neighbors barn cats on camera but there was just something a little "off" about this one. I've heard of them being in the area but this is my first pic of one.

This is not a great picture. It's just a fun comparison. The one is purple turnips on the side of my driveway. The other is purple turnips and clover on my micro "food plot". They were planted days apart.

0.jpg
IMG_8463.JPG
Actually, I broadcast clover 3 weeks before the turnips, so there's that as well. (or isn't that)

Yes... look, a little buck. I'd LOVE to tell you everything is so small in the second photo because of browsing pressure, but reality is I'm getting pictures literally once a week. He was there for about a half hour. Last time he (or anything else) was there was a week before. Stayed about the same time.

It's really a result of full sunlight vs little sunlight. As well as water. Which hadn't even dawned on me till yesterday when I was in the driveway working on a car, the neighbors freaking sprinklers came on and got me all wet. 😂

Last edited:
And now I have to go see my dad. (His flip phone isn't much for photos). Yesterday he was asking if and when I was going back "up". I told him probably not till bow season in October. He helped me put the tree stand up on Labor day. This morning he called me about something, and the conversation turned to hunting and he was confused. (about seasons) He thought I meant I was going in October for turkey, not deer. After I explain the over lapping seasons and what I'd be hunting he said "Oh okay, because I couldn't figure out how you planned to shoot a turkey out of a tree stand." 😊

So of course this evening a bunch of these come in. "See, that's how!" 😄

IMG_8474.JPG

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for me to get the neighbors barn cats on camera but there was just something a little "off" about this one. I've heard of them being in the area but this is my first pic of one.
They're good for keeping mice, voles, chipmunks, groundhogs down in number. And they get a few rabbits too. Around our camp, they seem to hammer mice and voles hardest. There are more bobcats around than folks realize. Thanks for the vid.

Coon or flying squirrels eyes shining from camera flash

On the tree? It's the IR flash from another camera.

IMG_0022 copy.JPGIMG_0014 copy.JPG

Last edited:
A good spot for a scraping cam. All 5 of these bucks are workin it. Date is wrong - my son said it was 4 days ago. That cam is on its last legs. Good to see some living deer. There are dozens of buzzards circling all up and down the creek bottom.

IMG_0018.JPG

Without a doubt this has been the best year we've ever had for turkey poult numbers in northern MO. Between our three farms, I think we have at least three groups of 20 or more poults.

The sparing is picking up. These two were at it for almost 30 minutes. After the tussle, the winner appeared ready to take on this ‘coon.
IMG_0890.jpeg
IMG_0891.jpeg

General any weapon hunt starts Saturday. I am going to start by clubbing this thing to death before I move on to mom.
1000031362.jpgget out of the trough bitches...1000031373.jpg
Then.....1000031377.jpg