All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailcam pics

DSCF0150.JPG
DSCF0090.JPG
MN target buck was daylighting at the same place, same time almost to the minute last week. Hope to run into him this weekend.

Been waiting for you…..
0f1dd19041168d7e82e5af83e73c2aa2.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg. That's like a 10 inch base.

Omg. That's like a 10 inch base.

Last year it was actually 3 separate antlers on his left side. They are so grown together this year, it is hard to tell exactly what is going on.

View attachment 58851
View attachment 58852
MN target buck was daylighting at the same place, same time almost to the minute last week. Hope to run into him this weekend.

I would say that established a pattern. Better get on it. They change quick this time of year.

First of all....MOST of the time I am quite happy with my Cudde Link set up. I got 7 cameras that get allot of reasonable images .....especially for the fee's I pay. Also....I like the low maintenance and not having to pull cards ever few days. But.....I sure get allot of pics like this below....where you really dont know if that buck should be on your hit list or not? For me...it's not worth pulling the cards and getting a better resolution picture. I wish there was some way to pull a better pic when needed to see what I got here. OK.......I'm glad I got that off my chest. ....looks like a 2.5 year old with a small belly. lol

Cudde Bucks.jpeg

First of all....MOST of the time I am quite happy with my Cudde Link set up. I got 7 cameras that get allot of reasonable images .....especially for the fee's I pay. Also....I like the low maintenance and not having to pull cards ever few days. But.....I sure get allot of pics like this below....where you really dont know if that buck should be on your hit list or not? For me...it's not worth pulling the cards and getting a better resolution picture. I wish there was some way to pull a better pic when needed to see what I got here. OK.......I'm glad I got that off my chest. ....looks like a 2.5 year old with a small belly. lol

View attachment 58871
I have a few cuddelink systems and I 100% agree that the resolution on the photos sucks. I'm already committed to the system and once the cameras start to fail, I'll switch to something else.

I have a few cuddelink systems and I 100% agree that the resolution on the photos sucks. I'm already committed to the system and once the cameras start to fail, I'll switch to something else.

What is the expected life span of the Cuddeback Cameras?

I've had most of mine for 4 years. Probably 85% of them have been without issues.

Legal ended at 7:02 last night. My blind is 150 yards in the direction he is heading. Tonight is the night.
2438d21adfdc8e76bb78a63c0beb90df.jpg

I’m thinking 40’s but don’t hold me to it. He doesn’t carrying a ton of mass all the way out and his one 2 is a little weak. But regardless he’s a good deer

I think he is a little better than the one I harvested last night, mine gross scores 144.5". I bet that one would be a tick over 150" unless his beams are shorter than I think.

G2's 7"= 14
G3's 9"= 32
G4's 5" =42
G1's 2.5" = 47
Plus 100 for a 10 point = 147" +/-5" is my way to call them.
Alpha Doe taught me that system years ago. Add 90 for an 8 point.

G2's 7"= 14
G3's 9"= 32
G4's 5" =42
G1's 2.5" = 47
Plus 100 for a 10 point = 147" +/-5" is my way to call them.
Alpha Doe taught me that system years ago. Add 90 for an 8 point.
There is a name I have not heard in a long time: "Alpha Doe" back in the old QDMA forum days. Nice gal and plenty of good info to be shared. Wonder what ever happened to her? I think she was from Illinois??

Two different 10’s showed up recently. Both have showed up in daylight, but I’m having problems with heavy dew set on my lenses so the videos are almost impossible to use.

I cut a 5 gallon bucket in half today to use as rain/sun covers for the 2 cameras I have on private land. I’m hoping they will help with the fogged and water filled lens issue.
e142cd6fc7b74feb7d606ec5cad020e1.jpg

Not sure about the Cuddelink but I have some old C-series that I bought used and they're still kicking after 10 years with no issues. They've been the most reliable camera I've ever owned.