trail cameras

Any issues with the cudde cams? There’s a couple HUGE threads on other forums I’m on with problem after problem after problem...
also, why on EARTH did they make a camera system with D cell batteries? D cell!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly won’t argue there are better quality image taking trail cameras out there.

Bushnell makes a fine image taking camera, best I have personally used, for the money. The problem is, out of the 3 I bought, two of them have turned into false triggering, battery eating machines.

The technology Cuddelink has come up with as a network that daisy chains to itself and sends all collected images to one camera is hard to place a value on.

Yes, the pictures can be fuzzy. This is because they are compressed to save battery life and data usage. They are clear enough for me to tell whether or not my shooter is in the area during both day and night.
This is my second season with them. Last year I learned that trying to run a computer network share of cameras on AA batteries during subzero weather is a pipe dream.
Cuddeback realized this and made the dual power banks that hold 12 D batteries. I mount the power bank on the other side of the tree away from where deer are coming and then just mount the Cuddelink camera as usual and connect the two with power cable. I hung them in September and they have been sending me pictures daily since. I’m guessing they will last 6-8 months with the power banks in cold weather. At $140 per camera (Black Friday special) and $35 for the power bank, plus a two year warranty, I’m pretty impressed by what it offers.
Next year, they are releasing a firmware update that will allow up to 24 cameras to send images to one cell camera for like $15-$20 per month. One cell bill. 24 cameras. It’s simply a game changer.

I also have 4 SPYPOINT Link Micros scattered about in areas that carry cell signal but would be too far away to talk to the Cuddelink network. They give 100 free pictures a month and during the rut on cruising buck trails I rarely go over that.

I currently do have one j1415 that is being sent to the shop for repair under warranty. So they aren’t flawless and I certainly hope I have not presented that as a scenario to anyone.
Below are some recent cell cam transfers.

Attachments

• 1E7F8DD6-A6F7-449B-A86F-0487242F41B8.png
    1E7F8DD6-A6F7-449B-A86F-0487242F41B8.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • B01F162B-51BB-45DD-B55E-08D2E741AC9E.jpeg
    B01F162B-51BB-45DD-B55E-08D2E741AC9E.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 29
  • B0B06E0A-1463-4F81-A469-FE3727D1112E.png
    B0B06E0A-1463-4F81-A469-FE3727D1112E.png
    419.3 KB · Views: 28
Spypoint Cell cams and the Spypoint Solar have been good cams for me. I like the Solar for my farm in Iowa. Put in a 16g card and never worry about batteries

Any issues with the cudde cams? There’s a couple HUGE threads on other forums I’m on with problem after problem after problem...
also, why on EARTH did they make a camera system with D cell batteries? D cell!!!

I run the cudde's. There aren't tons of problems. They ARE a very complex system to setup and program, if you are use to normal cams. They do require power management, they require more power to transmit images. D cell batteries last an eternity in a device that requires more power, compared to a AA. Nothing is perfect, if you can stomach a Wild Game Innovations camera, any of them, a Cudde would seem like a Cadillac.

I run the cudde's. There aren't tons of problems. They ARE a very complex system to setup and program, if you are use to normal cams. They do require power management, they require more power to transmit images. D cell batteries last an eternity in a device that requires more power, compared to a AA. Nothing is perfect, if you can stomach a Wild Game Innovations camera, any of them, a Cudde would seem like a Cadillac.

I wouldn’t wish a wild game innovations camera on my worst enemy, haha

Every once in while, when I'm frustrated with a camera... I reminisce of rushing to 1hr Moto Photo to pick up my role of film I had eagerly brought in an hour and a half before. The excitement of a 2 week soak on a funnel during prime Kansas rut, carefull planning, no scent left, two trips to the land and two trips to town.... Open the envelope and rifle through the glossy prints to find?!?! ; Three squirrel tails, a closeup of a cow eye, and 20 pics of a blade of grass blowing in the wind. :)

I certainly won’t argue there are better quality image taking trail cameras out there.

Bushnell makes a fine image taking camera, best I have personally used, for the money. The problem is, out of the 3 I bought, two of them have turned into false triggering, battery eating machines.

The technology Cuddelink has come up with as a network that daisy chains to itself and sends all collected images to one camera is hard to place a value on.

Yes, the pictures can be fuzzy. This is because they are compressed to save battery life and data usage. They are clear enough for me to tell whether or not my shooter is in the area during both day and night.
This is my second season with them. Last year I learned that trying to run a computer network share of cameras on AA batteries during subzero weather is a pipe dream.
Cuddeback realized this and made the dual power banks that hold 12 D batteries. I mount the power bank on the other side of the tree away from where deer are coming and then just mount the Cuddelink camera as usual and connect the two with power cable. I hung them in September and they have been sending me pictures daily since. I’m guessing they will last 6-8 months with the power banks in cold weather. At $140 per camera (Black Friday special) and $35 for the power bank, plus a two year warranty, I’m pretty impressed by what it offers.
Next year, they are releasing a firmware update that will allow up to 24 cameras to send images to one cell camera for like $15-$20 per month. One cell bill. 24 cameras. It’s simply a game changer.

I also have 4 SPYPOINT Link Micros scattered about in areas that carry cell signal but would be too far away to talk to the Cuddelink network. They give 100 free pictures a month and during the rut on cruising buck trails I rarely go over that.

I currently do have one j1415 that is being sent to the shop for repair under warranty. So they aren’t flawless and I certainly hope I have not presented that as a scenario to anyone.
Below are some recent cell cam transfers.

where are the $140 black Friday specials?

five years ago when we bought some new property, we bought 10 Browning Strikeforce and five Bushnell Trophy Cams. My first Browning went down two weeks ago. No problems out of the others. My last Bushnell quit yesterday. I guess I have used everything from Wildgame to Reconyx. There is no perfect camera. The Browning Strike Force models have been the best for me. But, really wanting to get into the cuddelink system - but the ongoing thread on this forum scares me away.

Has anyone tried Apeman's cameras? I had heard good things but have not tried any yet. They have good prices and they also have time lapse in the lower models too. It might be worth $40 to just try one. Like you ST I'm not wanting to spend a ton and have been using the Wildgame as I get them on sale but a few have broke down after a few years. Don't get me wrong, they were cheap and I got my monies worth but am looking to try something else in a similar price range. (Ya I'm cheap :))

Chuck

Exodus may have a good warranty but if they dont fix them they are no better than wild game Innovations

five years ago when we bought some new property, we bought 10 Browning Strikeforce and five Bushnell Trophy Cams. My first Browning went down two weeks ago. No problems out of the others. My last Bushnell quit yesterday. I guess I have used everything from Wildgame to Reconyx. There is no perfect camera. The Browning Strike Force models have been the best for me. But, really wanting to get into the cuddelink system - but the ongoing thread on this forum scares me away.

I run Cuddelink. The 2016 Browning Strike Force is my favorite camera ever, I have about 12 that have worked flawlessly 24/7/365 since purchased. The Cuddelink system networking has worked perfectly for me, actually exceeding what they say it can do, as far as range. The camera itself is finicky to aim, and obviously, a camera transmitting pics is going to use more power. I must say Cuddeback is responding positively to improve the system since inception. All in all, I'm glad I have it. Just ordered the Black Friday 2 pack of J's and will get a free K cam.

To be clear I’m looking at cameras in the $150 range. Thanks for the replies everyone and please keep them coming

Think about spending 190 and getting the Spec Ops. It's famous for taking great video. I just use them for pictures thus far.

IMG_0101.JPG

To be clear I’m looking at cameras in the $150 range. Thanks for the replies everyone and please keep them coming

Cuddeback has the 2 pack of J cameras for $300. There is a certificate for a free K cell cam in the box, but you must buy a years worth of cell package to get it. So, 3 cams for $300, with cell capability. If you ever considered a cell type system.

I also have a Strike Force Apex that's new. I think they are normally around $150. Good cams that don't miss much, yet don't take blanks.