Tractor Stuff

How did the corn tilling go Jerry?

How did the corn tilling go Jerry?
Pretty Well. I mowed the corn short and the tiller handled it without an issue. The tiller did work allot harder hitting corn stock roots compared to the other areas that had little residue. Overall it worked well.

Six acres is allot of tilling Jerry. I figure I get about one hour per acre.....and travel about 4 MPH. I till about the same number of acres.....but much smaller parcels.

When the conditions are good.....like you have in the pics.....I use my automotive-type cruise control and just let it happen. Pretty sweet set-up on those E-hydro's. I think the automotive cruise was about $100 and is all plug and play. The nice thing is that it's got the "resume" feature.....so everything is the same after making a turn. A tiller provides real satisfaction....as you can see fantastic results from your work. :)

Yep, it was allot of tilling but my work is long runs with very few turns. I did till this first year at maximum depth but in future years I will reduce that to 3". I tilled at 1.7-2 MPH but based on how easily the tractor handled the load Im certain I could have went faster. Next year when I till at 3" I should be able to run faster. It was a long day of setting up and tilling, I ended in the dark with the lights on but was worth it as the next day I was able to immediately start planting.

Cruise sounds like a feature I would be interested in. Did you have that installed at the dealer? I'm still learning how to operate the tractor but so far it has been flawless.

I have a landpride rtr tiller, hooked up to a kubota B7800. I run at 2200rpm in 2nd HYDRO, and listen to tractor load, as it loads up, just reduce forward speed. I till down about 3". Soil is mainly heavy.

What size is your tractor?

Tiller looks good Jerry, did you buy it up here in Mora? Was the deal good?
Yep, it came from Rod and the deal was equal in price to a KK II at Fleetfarm. He still has it advertised on Craigs list.

Nice fella and a straight forward deal. I would buy from him again.

What size is your tractor?

Tractor is a JD 3520 with 35 gross and 30 PTO HP. I have sandy loam soil and the tiller went through it without a problem.

Yep, it was allot of tilling but my work is long runs with very few turns. I did till this first year at maximum depth but in future years I will reduce that to 3". I tilled at 1.7-2 MPH but based on how easily the tractor handled the load Im certain I could have went faster. Next year when I till at 3" I should be able to run faster. It was a long day of setting up and tilling, I ended in the dark with the lights on but was worth it as the next day I was able to immediately start planting.

Cruise sounds like a feature I would be interested in. Did you have that installed at the dealer? I'm still learning how to operate the tractor but so far it has been flawless.

I added "automotive" type cruise on my tractor. I think it cost about $100 to do the plug and play swathes. Everything is there....it just needs the kit. I think you have basic cruise now on your tractor as "standard".

I have cruise on mine. Really nice to have.