Tractor Modifications - rear view camera and waterproof loud speaker

alldaysit

5 year old buck +
e54c42ba58f92d3d7bc69b5e918d4c73.png

Just wanted to share what I've added to my tractor that I have found very useful. Maybe it could be useful to you, and even help people.

- waterproof rear view camera kit (camera, wiring harness, & 4.3" monitor - $33 total from amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Univ...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DJKWTGJGYJYY7HBACSKZ

- 100watt waterproof loud speaker with sirens and microphone ($22 - amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N...xmart+100w&dpPl=1&dpID=419UcDc4kpL&ref=plSrch

I have had the camera for a few months now and love it. It's not great, but it's worth the price. I couldn't justify spending the $300+ on the special tractor ones. It prevents looking over my shoulder significantly.

The loud speaker is very useful. I noticed last week helping clean up people's properties from the tornado that went by that I couldn't efficiently communicate with them from inside the cab. It always sucks speaking over the sound of the tractor and yelling. Now I will be able to simply speak through the microphone.

I will be adding some rear view mirrors, my rotating beacon light, and a negative "rail" on the back of the tractor, AND CLEANING UP THE WIRING. I think I also would like to add a radio

I'm thinking of buying the titan 48" grapple bucket also, but have been on the fence about just adding a tooth bar and grapple to my existing bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Thanks for the links. I've got more projects than I can handle, but I can see some uses for that camera setup.

Thanks,

Jack

I could use a speaker like that for my skidsteer. Did you wire it into the tractor electrical or use a separate battery to power the add-ons.

I could use a speaker like that for my skidsteer. Did you wire it into the tractor electrical or use a separate battery to power the add-ons.

Cool! The cab has a wired fuse panel for extra lights, heater, dome light, flasher beacon. I tied directly into the flasher beacon power supply. When I flip that switch on, which I like to every time anyway, the camera and speaker power on. I grounded into the cab with a self tapping screw for the short term, and will clean it up after the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like both the rear view camera and the speaker. I can see uses for both of them on my Kubota. I especially like the rear view camera, as I am always craning my neck around to see how the implement on the back of the tractor is working (or not).