Tough not to cry for you down here Dbltree...

scott44

5 year old buck +
It saddens me to pass on this news onto you,
Paul Knox better known to us as LC/Dbltree passed away this morning at 5:30. He is now wrapped in the arms of our Heavenly Father. As he has made it known...that is exactly where he wanted to be. A message from OO this morning reads as follows...

Tough not to cry for you down here Dbltree...
Postby Gladiator » November 30th, 2014, 9:08 am

I'll post more details later, but I got a call from Lori this morning saying that Paul passed away at 5:30am this morning. She said he went peacefully without suffering. Again, I'll post more when I get to a computer.

I'm going to need some help in the meantime. I don't have the slightest clue on how to set up a memorial fund, but the family's expenses have run out from the last fundraiser. If someone would like to help with this, please reply or send me a PM.

There is a time to mourn, and that time is now. But remember Paul told us not to cry for him when he got to where he was going.

Thank you God for the life of Paul Knox.

Love, peace and comfort to his family...
When I get where I'm going...don't cry for me down here...

RIP Paul. Your legacy will live on in all you have taught so many us.

Every year there will be a lot of guys thinking of him when planting rye. Rip Paul

Great man!

He was an inspiration

may you rest in peace brother! i will forever be grateful for all you taught me!

God speed.

A big loss for all us food plotters . Thank you Paul for sharing all your knowledge before you left us. You will be missed. Deepest sympathy to your family.

Paul has bought his place in heaven. May he look down and help guide us. Through the rest of our journey. RIP

Paul,
Thank you for everything! Relish in what your life earned you.

Scott,
Keep us posted on how we can help.

A man to be admired in so very many ways. May he rest in peace.

What a great steward. Both in habitat and faith.

Paul - you will be missed. You helped so many with sharing your knowledge - you have left quite a legacy behind. May you find peace on the other side.

Paul,
Thank you for everything! Relish in what your life earned you.

Scott,
Keep us posted on how we can help.

Will do Bill, Thanks, I haven't heard on the momorials yet but here is Paul's arrangements.

Funeral Services for Paul Knox:

Tuesday, Dec 1
3:00 - 5:00 pm Funeral Home Visitation/Guest Book Signing
5:00 - 7:00 pm Funeral Home Visitation with Family
Pedrick Funeral Home
1517 Broad Street
Keosauqua, IA 52565
319-293-3531

Wednesday, Dec 2
10:00 am Funeral
Zion Bible Church
15918 Hwy 16
Douds, IA 52551
Lunch at Douds Community Center following Service.

Hotel Room Block available (reference Julie Knox) at AmericInn Hotel & Suites, Fairfield IA
2104 S Main St
Fairfield IA 52556
(641) 451-6600

Prayers are sent ... he was a wonderful person who gave more than he ever expected ... taught people to fish when they did not know how to row a boat ... he will be missed ...

totally sucks. no questions. rough day for everyone. I will send prayers to his family.

Terrible news. But I doubt Paul is disappointed. His faith brought him through this, and it will take him out of it as well.

I feel bad for his family, yet they had lots of time to prepare. Hopefully that makes it easier.

Now would be a good time for everyone that hasn't already bought it, to head to Outreach Outdoors and grab a copy of the video "Deliberate". There is a great interview with Paul on the DVD. It's seriously the best 8 bucks you will ever spend.

http://www.outreachoutdoors.com/

God speed Paul. We'll miss you.

-John

Last edited:
Rest in Peace Paul.

Rest in Peace Paul.

I haven't been on the site since Nov 21st, and I return to this terrible news. RIP Paul Knox. You will be dearly missed. Prayers go out to your family. Like many others have stated, I will never look at a rye seed or plant without thinking about Paul. A great shepherd of men was taken from his flock to serve beside the Father, yet his flock should not lament, but take solace in the fact that he now serves a greater good.

John 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.

With every LC plot you plant and tree that is cut or planted, his legacy will live on. No longer is he trapped by disease, God bless his family.