Torch weed control

Nova

5 year old buck +
Has anyone tried burning weeds to kill them in a plot? I know some organic farmers use this method with an attachment behind a tractor, but I was thinking for spot control of gly resistant weeds. a 5lb propane tank and a torch and just walk the bad rows.

I burn pasture in the spring and about the only thing that I think it sets back is woody plants. I believe most plants are adapted to be grazed or trampled. If so then the only benefit would be giving your crop an advantage to canopy before the weeds grow back from root. With that said I've never tried it in the manner you stated so give it a try and report back to us what you find out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

From my understanding, its works great right after a tillage pass an you get the first good flush of seedlings. These dont have the root reserves to come back. Alot of market gardens us them across beds. Have seen the field mounted version for corn rows. Still leaves the weeds closer to the stalks.

Would think it would be time consuming for single row even on something as small as 2A. But, would think if a guy had a bad case of marestail on his hand. That it would be very effective an probably worth the investment for spot/patch issues.

should make for some great You Tube if beer is involved.......

bill