Tisas 1911A1?

Catscratch

5 year old buck +
Anyone has a Tisas? They're Turkish and cheap. I have a thing for military 1911's. I can't justify the price of a shooter grade ex-military gun so I'm considering one of these. What says you guys?

Also, anyone apply for the CMP 1911's?

Anyone has a Tisas? They're Turkish and cheap. I have a thing for military 1911's. I can't justify the price of a shooter grade ex-military gun so I'm considering one of these. What says you guys?

You answered your own question right here.

I know a few guys that have used the cmp program for rifles but never for pistols. It worked well for them I guess.

I'm OK with Turkish and cheap. Have several Turrkish guns that are solid and reliable.

I was all set to talk with the local gun shop guy about ordering a Tisas but may have changed my mind. I have a safe queen, want a beater. Think I'll go ahead and fill out the CMP paperwork and in the meantime look for a Argentine 1911 for a reasonable price. Of course I may change my mind thus evening and switch gears.

Rkguns(rural king) has the tisas on sale for $339.99.

Guy I work with bought a Rock Island 1911 GI and loves it. Not much more than the Tisas, a few years ago my local gun store had a single shot Turkish 12 ga 3" vent rib that folds in half for $90 new and I bought it. Kicks a little hard but is a perfect under the seat shotgun in case I need one in the truck.

While I have no personal experience via-a-vis, ownership, I continue to maintain my FFL and connections to the trade. The Tisis 1911 is a good handgun. I would not be afraid of buying one, as the price is good, the parts are interchangeable with other A1's and ratings are solid.

Let us know what you decide.

My boy has a RI 1911 in 9mm. Great gun!

I'm thinking I'm going to send in my application for a CMP. That would certainly scratch my itch, but might take a while so it would make sense to grab a Tisas now.

That Tisas looks good...and for a beater/shooter, its a great value. I'd buy one in a second....but I am 99% sure they are not Mass. compliant.

I've been buying M1 Garands from the CMP for about 20 years. When the 1911's began to be sold about 3 or 4 years ago Massachusetts was, and remains, the only state in the union that could not participate. I do have a C&R and picked one up on the secondary market. I was looking for a shooter/beater. It turned out to be a beautiful Remington Rand that was arsenal refinished and then most likely never reissued. It was too nice to use as a beater. So I sold it and am still looking for a rack grade beater.

You sold a arsenal refinished Remington Rand?!? I can understand not wanting to shoot it as I have a 1918 produced 1911 that's number's matching. Not gorgeous but an awesome piece of history. I don't shoot her.

You sold a arsenal refinished Remington Rand?!? I can understand not wanting to shoot it as I have a 1918 produced 1911 that's number's matching. Not gorgeous but an awesome piece of history. I don't shoot her.

I did. It was a beautiful service grade. I have always wanted a beater 1911A1 to put WWII style "sweetheart grips" on use as a carry gun when I head out into the back country. My gramp brought back his Ithaca 1911A1 from WWII and passed it on to me just before he died. I've been a WWII buff since I was a kid....there are surely better back country carry guns, but I've just got a thing for a 1911. The RR was just too nice. It was better off in the hands of a collector who'd appreciate it's mint condition than me who just wanted to put sweetheart grips on the thing and shoot it until it smoked! LOL.

But man, even mismatched, beater rack grades with replacement barrels on GB are north of $1500.

I did. It was a beautiful service grade. I have always wanted a beater 1911A1 to put WWII style "sweetheart grips" on use as a carry gun when I head out into the back country. My gramp brought back his Ithaca 1911A1 from WWII and passed it on to me just before he died. I've been a WWII buff since I was a kid....there are surely better back country carry guns, but I've just got a thing for a 1911. The RR was just too nice. It was better off in the hands of a collector who'd appreciate it's mint condition than me who just wanted to put sweetheart grips on the thing and shoot it until it smoked! LOL.

But man, even mismatched, beater rack grades with replacement barrels on GB are north of $1500.
That's awesome you ended up with Gramps slab side! Good luck finding one to carry, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. At current market prices the CMP's are a good deal. Just hope I get selected.

Good morning Cat, as you can see I made it over here from the other forum.

After seeing someone mention the Tisas 1911s I looked them up. I think it was you that almost cost me $500. I’m not a 1911 guy, but it was hard to resist one in 10mm ! If I weren’t in the thinning mode I would have tried to find one. 😬

Good morning Cat, as you can see I made it over here from the other forum.

After seeing someone mention the Tisas 1911s I looked them up. I think it was you that almost cost me $500. I’m not a 1911 guy, but it was hard to resist one in 10mm ! If I weren’t in the thinning mode I would have tried to find one. 😬
Well hello drycreek! I've heard and read nothing but great things about the Tisas 1911's. The 1911A1 US Army is the one I'm considering. The local shop has several of them and they feel good in hand. The owner is ex military and retired LEO, he doesn't like junk and is selective in what he sales. You should probably get one before they become known and the price goes up. They're way better than wheel guns anyway! :)

Well hello drycreek! I've heard and read nothing but great things about the Tisas 1911's. The 1911A1 US Army is the one I'm considering. The local shop has several of them and they feel good in hand. The owner is ex military and retired LEO, he doesn't like junk and is selective in what he sales. You should probably get one before they become known and the price goes up. They're way better than wheel guns anyway! :)
C’mon now, you know John Wayne used both, but used the six shooter more than the other. 😂IMG_1893.jpeg

That's awesome you ended up with Gramps slab side! Good luck finding one to carry, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. At current market prices the CMP's are a good deal. Just hope I get selected.

I've been following the lottery on the CMP Forum since the lottery started a few years ago and basically at this point everybody who wanted one has gotten one. It's just a waiting game. Send in your paperwork and you'll get the call from CMP eventually. And if you don't like it when you get it sell it to me! 😜

Good luck if you go for it. Definitely the best deal for USGI 1911's.

I've been following the lottery on the CMP Forum since the lottery started a few years ago and basically at this point everybody who wanted one has gotten one. It's just a waiting game. Send in your paperwork and you'll get the call from CMP eventually. And if you don't like it when you get it sell it to me! 😜

Good luck if you go for it. Definitely the best deal for USGI 1911's.
Ya, I don't sell guns anymore. Regret is a harsh mistress!

Got a call yesterday from a sweet young lady at CMP who told me I won the lottery! Paid and provided a FFL for it this morning. Got confirmation email by noon. Can't choose what they send but I'm excited like it's the night before Christmas!
Screenshot_20231004_115512_Gmail.jpg