Timeframe to spray non roundup ready soybeans after planting

Bluecollaroutdoors

5 year old buck +
Friday at 6 pm I planted non RR soybeans at my land. I was not able to spray because I was short on time. Saturday I came back and cultipacked them and it rained an inch yesterday. I know you can spray overseeds as long as they are not growing and they will not die. Can I still spray them today.....40 hours after planting? I assume they will not germinate for 5/10 days.

They were given to me as RR beans but I dont see anything on the bag or the label indicating that they are. My RR corn had it in 5 places on the bag last year

What are you planning on spraying?

Roundup over the top of beans tjat have been in the ground for 1.5 days. I know this is ok if I spray asap after I seed but not positibe if its a bad idea this afar after. It rained then it was 35 mph wimds so I didnt get to spray with roundup after seeding.

Glyphosate will not harm any plant that is not emerged weeds or crop including non - roundup beans, Glyphosate has to be taken in by green tissue if the beans are under ground they are safe , no soil activity hope that is what you were asking

Yes that partially answers my question. Since it was so windy and rainy again today.....and I have thousands of beans on top of the soil....I did not spray. It is a 1/4 to 1/3 acre field and in my rush to get to dinner plans I bought a whole 50 lb bag on it. The field is not weedy now but ai like to get kill everthing I can before the beans sprout if I habe time.

So obviously the day I seed I can spray and probably day 2, maybe three. I am kinda wondering where the cutoff is. Soybean germ time is generally 7/10 days. We got an instant rain and a nice sunny day today. The beans on top off the soil have softened and will be sprouting in no time. I am going to let it as is. Surprisingly they did not wipe out that field last year u til September. This year I will disc it lightly when the beans yellow and overseed some rye and short season brassicas.

Should have sprayed today. You still had time. Why would you buy non RR beans? You want a challenge?

Beans were free. They were promised as Roundup Ready. I did not spray at all. We shall see. Small plot should get destroyed by deer and overseededg with brassicas and rye later in the year anyway.

I got a bag of beans and a bag of corn today. Both roundup ready. Too late now. I bet I will see germ on friday with this weeks conditions.

It is NOT to late to plant the RR Beans. You still got about 10 days to do so. Now the corn on the other hand is getting late.

You can spray with Cadet herbicide for broadleaves, Cleth for grass if glyphosate is not possible.

I appreciate the advise. I have thought about replanting witht he RR beans. The RR corn would go on a different property. Waste of time on my land.

I've planted RR beans in SE MN the last week in June and I had great early season bowhunting over the only green soybeans in the neighborhood. They still had time to mature enough to produce lots of beans for the deer to eat in the winter. I'll probably plant some soybeans in another week or two.

I planted EW a week ago today, I have not had a chance to get back to spray simazine, I'm planning on doing it tomorrow if they haven't sprouted above the surface yet. Fingers crossed it will work.

I checked yesterday. Adequate rain and 8 days later nothing had popped. Kind of a cold rainy week though. Tomorrows 80 will hopefully push them out of the ground.

I checked yesterday. Adequate rain and 8 days later nothing had popped. Kind of a cold rainy week though. Tomorrows 80 will hopefully push them out of the ground.

Very uneven soybean seed germination this year for some farmers. Some beans have been up for weeks, all while some are still coming out all in the same rows.

Strange year so far!

Turns out none of this is going to matter. The beans have not come up at all. It was wet and cold for most of the first week after I planted. We are 17 days in and there are maybe 10 beans sprouted in the field. Time to spray plow reseed with Roundup Ready beans pray for some warmer weather. Free seed and 1/4 acre plot....oh well.

That's good to hear. My neighbor and I hope to get his plot planted to soybeans in another 10 days or so.

I've planted beans in WI the first week of July probably 20 times or more. It makes for truly great early season hunting. There's risks involved (because of higher temps, the ground dries out faster and you need more rain for a good germ rate and you need at worst to hit the average frost date, at best a late frost to get good bean production...an early first can result in next to 0 beans), but, for as much as people talk about alfalfa as a great early season draw, I can't say I've ever seen anything out draw or even match late planted soybeans for an early season draw.

I secretly am always pulling for the farmers to get their beans in late on all the ground I manage. I push them a bit on getting the corn in, but never on the beans.