Spraying 2 days after broadcasting

Tpstacy

Yearling... With promise
Quick question for you all. I broadcast Hutcheson (non rr) soybeans yesterday before a heavy rain. I was not able to spray my Imazethapyr and glyphosate cocktail on the plot. I will be on my property again tomorrow and will be able to spray roughly 48 hours after broadcasting. Am I safe to add the glyphosate or should I just stick with the Imazethapyr to be safe? Probably overthinking this but want to get yalls opinion. Thanks!

I wouldn't spray gly. On seed i don't think it would be an issue but on germinated seed too risky IMO.

I wouldn't risk it after a heavy rain myself.

After seeing this video I will never spray again "after" broadcasting:

Glyphosate vs Seed Germination: Results - YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com › watch › v=ddHLq8W0d-Y

Your's is a little different situation since I am guessing that you disced or somehow dragged the seed to cover it after broadcasting. Any seed that is covered is probably fine but the seed which may still be on the surface could be killed by the Gly.

Also - as crowskee and Brian662 mentioned, it may be possible for some of that covered seed to have germinated, although not entirely likely in only 2 days.

Last edited:
See Wild Thing above. There's sound research indicating spraying gly on seeds affects germination negatively. It's not a yes or no answer. The question is how much risk you're willing to take.