Time to lighten up - Laughter is good medicine Part II

We can settle it once and for all on Hillman's ice road on Upper Red Lake in MN this winter. Hillmans plow that thing arrow straight out 10+ miles. Standing up at 6' high, any vehicle should completely vanish at 6.2 miles. With a 60x spotting scope, that vehicle will appear just over 545 feet away. 6' tall should clear any ground clutter that may obstruct the view (drifts, heaves, etc), and any truck or SUV should be completely hidden behind the arc. An F150 is 77 inches tall. 6'-8" is 80. The truck or anything shorter should be completely hidden.

If it's windy and there is lots of moving snow, we could shorten it up by dropping down lower.

Anyone ice fishing a big lake could do the same, but an ice road makes it quick and easy. I can grab some totes to stack up upon which to put the spotting scope tripod.

1687835919774.png

SD is my homey too. First time we met he had a “can I get a hug” t-shirt on. So I did. Kind of freaked him out a little.

But flat vs sphere is where we part ways. He always sucks me back in to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should come with me to Red. We can base camp at my country estate and day trip it up and back from there. Maybe we can even scrounge up a few walleyes for a unity dinner after the experiment. I can even get us a third guy that is on the fence and will want to know the truth for himself. If we both have spotting scopes we can view it from both ends. I've got a sheet of plywood we can also paint up bright red and stand it next to my platform.

testing a 6 mile or so piece of the earth to prove that 25,000 miles is flat or round is such a tiny subject sample, only the biden adminstration would accept it. The earth is round, but not perfectly, lol!
Wonder what kinda political/conspiracy agenda guided the minds of Eratosthenes, Magellan, Aristotle, Pythagoras, etc etc when they decided (independently) to dupe the world 2500 yrs ago and proclaim the earth a sphere? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Nasa and Hollywood weren't around at that time 😂

testing a 6 mile or so piece of the earth to prove that 25,000 miles is flat or round is such a tiny subject sample, only the biden adminstration would accept it. The earth is round, but not perfectly, lol!
Wonder what kinda political/conspiracy agenda guided the minds of Eratosthenes, Magellan, Aristotle, Pythagoras, etc etc when they decided (independently) to dupe the world 2500 yrs ago and proclaim the earth a sphere? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Nasa and Hollywood weren't around at that time 😂
Are you saying water can fail to seek it's lowest level?

I am only using the information provided by NASA to conduct a science and math experiment. Water seeks it's own level. On the flat earth, water is flat (level). On the ball earth, water wraps around the ball and we should be able to hide things behind the horizon.

6.2 miles is plenty enough to test this. The vehicle will be gone or it won't.

10k is an awfully short test sample, but since ice always freezes perfectly (with no lumps or valleys) and the guys cutting the road will be sure to follow elevation perfectly you should be good to go. Or... you could meet at Cozumel and watch the cruise ships come in. I never knew it before but they are part submarine! They pop up out of the flat ocean; you see the smoke stack first, then the cabins, then the deck, and finally the full ship. I guess you guys can decide where to do the test... frozen tundra of the northeast, or the tropics of an island paradise. (I know which choice will have ladies in bikinis)

10k is an awfully short test sample, but since ice always freezes perfectly (with no lumps or valleys) and the guys cutting the road will be sure to follow elevation perfectly you should be good to go. Or... you could meet at Cozumel and watch the cruise ships come in. I never knew it before but they are part submarine! They pop up out of the flat ocean; you see the smoke stack first, then the cabins, then the deck, and finally the full ship. I guess you guys can decide where to do the test... frozen tundra of the northeast, or the tropics of an island paradise. (I know which choice will have ladies in bikinis)

See. You always focus on the positives. That’s why I like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of you tried to prove the 8" per mi squared works? I see a lot of comments that don't appear to prove him wrong, having said that I think it is always important to do the work instead of just dismissing because something is considered common knowledge or settled science. SD keeps offering to do the experiment with others, take him up on it and report back here with the findings. Either SD is wrong or he isn't.

For the record I am not a flat Earther, but I did this experiment on a lake a couple years ago on a calm morning with no waves and 3 miles of line of sight. from the water to the top of the dock we used was 5 roughly feet. The curvature calculator says in 3 miles it should drop 5.95 feet so we shouldn't be able to see any of the dock. With the tripod in the water on his beach and the spotting scope just short of getting wet we could see the entire dock and we shouldn't have.

I felt like there was a flaw in his experiment which gave flawed results (because I am not a flat Earther lol). Water seeks its own level, so I looked it up and science says that you can measure the curvature of the Earth in a bucket of water if measured with the right lab equipment. I tried my best to debunk our findings but ultimately couldn't and still not sure why. That doesn't mean the Earth is flat, but it gave me a red flag on the topic that keeps bugging me. It is worthy to note that "trusting the science" hasn't been exactly bullet proof.

What the water is really doing is seeking the lowest possible gravitational potential energy state. On a very small scale, this looks level. On a large scale, such as the whole planet, it must conform to the curvature of the earth in order to have the lowest potential energy.

In the presence of a gravitational well such as the earth, all mass is attracted to the earth in a direction pointing towards the earth's centre of gravity. Water, as a liquid, is free-flowing and has no shape-holding property. It's individual molecules are fairly loosely bound. Just as a rock will roll down a hill to the bottom, so do the water molecules in the oceans. They always try to find the lowest possible spot to sit.

Even the great expanse of the ocean is not flat due to gravitational pull of the moon, and, due to high and low pressure systems above. And, you'd need a surveyor on land, to check for exact altitude differences from one end to the other of the test piece, and factor those numbers into the math. Yeah, eyeballs work just fine, until you start trying to pick the gnat crap out of pepper.
I'm no expert on any of it fo sho, all i got is some common sense, and even that's questionable at times, lol. I agree TT, trusting the science is definitely not bulletproof.
What I find interesting is the double standard of claiming scientific agencies/tests/test equipment are poor sources for info, yet the side that makes these claims then uses these things to support their theory.
I really respect ppl like SD who are strong in the convictions. If we hung out one night, partaking in some refreshments, I have a feeling it'd be a longgg night, but, a great night, cause I love great conversation!
Even tho Captain Kirk's already done it, and reported back what we thought he would, I think the only way to really settle this is to put together a gofundme and let SD check it out for himself! If he came back and still proclaimed the earth as flat, I'd believe him!

We can settle it once and for all on Hillman's ice road on Upper Red Lake in MN this winter. Hillmans plow that thing arrow straight out 10+ miles. Standing up at 6' high, any vehicle should completely vanish at 6.2 miles. With a 60x spotting scope, that vehicle will appear just over 545 feet away. 6' tall should clear any ground clutter that may obstruct the view (drifts, heaves, etc), and any truck or SUV should be completely hidden behind the arc. An F150 is 77 inches tall. 6'-8" is 80. The truck or anything shorter should be completely hidden.

If it's windy and there is lots of moving snow, we could shorten it up by dropping down lower.

Anyone ice fishing a big lake could do the same, but an ice road makes it quick and easy. I can grab some totes to stack up upon which to put the spotting scope tripod.

View attachment 53954

Just dont let Johny catch you out on the the roads without paying him that day.

Just dont let Johny catch you out on the the roads without paying him that day.
How do those ice roads work when they're on public water? You would need permission to cross his land to reach the roads, but I would think anyone could plow a path to meet up with a road someone else plowed.

If you're going to do this during winter (and refuse to do it on a beach with margarita's in hand) then make sure you account for Superior Mirages.

96e513b83252c6aab75c9d6303ad15a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

How do those ice roads work when they're on public water? You would need permission to cross his land to reach the roads, but I would think anyone could plow a path to meet up with a road someone else plowed.
It's been done. Then the fun begins. Those guys defend the borders of their roads. Someone hooks up to it, I've seen them go out and plow it back shut.

It's been done. Then the fun begins. Those guys defend the borders of their roads. Someone hooks up to it, I've seen them go out and plow it back shut.
That's kind of what I figured. It seems pretty crazy to think that by plowing an ice road on public water that the guy in the plow truck believes he created an imaginary line that nobody can cross without paying him.

Seems like a situation where vehicles on both sides could end up with slashed tires.

That's kind of what I figured. It seems pretty crazy to think that by plowing an ice road on public water that the guy in the plow truck believes he created an imaginary line that nobody can cross without paying him.

Seems like a situation where vehicles on both sides could end up with slashed tires.
I think it's a matter of lots of hours, lot of fuel, and lots of wrenching on junk to keep it running.

I see same exact thing watching the tankers and cruise ships while on beach at Ft Lauderdale and Miami.