All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to lighten up - Laughter is good medicine Part II

If you feel free to park your car blocking a portion of my driveway so you can walk to the beach and go to dinner. Not a problem, I’ll feel free to decorate your car with the bumper stickers of my choice.

Happens all the time, I bought a multi pack 😆

765FCDBA-D26C-4B30-8741-333CCECB801E.jpeg

Last edited:
If you feel free to park your car blocking a portion of my driveway so you can walk to the beech and go to dinner. Not a problem, I’ll feel free to decorate your car with the bumper stickers of my choice.

View attachment 53898
Not all heros wear capes

Great work!

78ce7e4a682c9c8eadef7cf173a0393a.jpg

I’m not sure there is a shoreline in IN that’s 60 miles from the Chicago skyline. A quick Google image search shows that pic was likely from Indiana dunes which is probably more like 20 miles away. That changes the math, but I’m not willing to try and do it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea where the Chicago skyline falls in a map but Googling it shows the taller buildings are roughly where the "chicago" is on your map. Google claims 32 miles from where the water meets the shore on both sides from Indiana Dunes to the Chicago skyline. in 32 miles it should lose 560.85 feet of view according to the online "Earth curvature calculator".

If you feel free to park your car blocking a portion of my driveway so you can walk to the beach and go to dinner. Not a problem, I’ll feel free to decorate your car with the bumper stickers of my choice.

View attachment 53898
Love that man! I do the same stuff with Trump stickers 🤣

4.jpeg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.png

8.jpeg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

^^^^ nah you can't see opposite shore across 60 miles of lake Michigan either. At least I never have in the 50+ yrs of fishing out there.

You can see the tops of those stupid wind turbines on the south end of lake Winnebago from the north shore however. Some 25 to 30 miles. But shoreline down in Fond du Lac, ah no.

^^^^ nah you can't see opposite shore across 60 miles of lake Michigan either. At least I never have in the 50+ yrs of fishing out there.

You can see the tops of those stupid wind turbines on the south end of lake Winnebago from the north shore however. Some 25 to 30 miles. But shoreline down in Fond du Lac, ah no.
B354F5F7-E96D-4FB8-98CC-DDCAE7C93B33.jpeg

Wouldn't this be easy to settle using a high quality camera and a big zoom securely attached to a freighter ship leaving the city on a clear day? Rewatch the footage and see if the city dissappears from the bottom up or not?
I have no experience on water that big so maybe it's not as easy as it sounds.

Last edited:
Wouldn't this be easy to settle with a high quality camera with a big zoom securely attached to a freighter ship leaving the city on a clear day? Rewatch the footage and see if the city dissappears from the bottom up or not?
I have no experience on water that big so maybe it's not as easy as it sounds.

Or you could just use science. Pythagoras figured it out in 6th century BCE.

Damn. Sucked back in.

Or you could just use science. Pythagoras figured it out in 6th century BCE.

Damn. Sucked back in.

SD is my homey too. First time we met he had a “can I get a hug” t-shirt on. So I did. Kind of freaked him out a little.

But flat vs sphere is where we part ways. He always sucks me back in to this thread.