Tick Season

Jerry-B-WI

5 year old buck +
Tick season is upon us and I know about using Permethrin on clothes. Has anyone tried or even heard of trying Bifenthrin? I bought some Bifenthrin last year to get rid of some yellow jackets under my porch and was thinking maybe I could use it on my clothes too.

I use it in a mixture to spray my yard. Helps with mosquitos, and ticks around my yard.

I was just out planting ROD cuttings, and found 7 ticks crawling on my pant legs, even after I sprayed with permethrin.

I use Lambastar and Bifenthrin. I spray it on the house but not on the yard (don't want to kill bees and other good insects). We have scorpions, black widows, and brow recluse. Really try to keep them out of the house.

I used to use permethrin. I went all goofy a few years back and swore off most of the bag and jug stuff. I still keep a little gly in the shed for emergencies, and I've got a bottle of that other bug stuff with the residual, but haven't used it. I've invested a lot of time in wide trails and good mowers to eliminate places for those ticks to stage. I also always wear rubber mid calf boots to keep them off as well. Then I just check every day I come in from the woods in front of the full length mirror. Once tick season starts, I don't go bombing through the waist high stuff. Raspberry canes are the worst. I've gone through 20 feet of those and come out the other side with 25 wood ticks on me.

Paper bags of lime under plastic are also a haven. I broke one open to see a few dozen come pouring out. Gross.

Man I've gotten at least 5 tick bites this week. Little bastards the worst are the lone star ticks those buggar are the most aggressive and intelligent. They do that little blood raving dance when you get near them.( Questing )

I get a lot of ticks when I go hunting. I have a thread type tick remover at home, and one of the crowbar types that I take with me in my hunting pack.

I also spray my yard and house with Bifenthrin. Maybe every 2-3 weeks in the summer. It does kill everything for better or worse so if you are concerned about bees, I would not use it. If you hate opening the door on a summer night because your house will fill with bugs, I highly recommend it.