this years plots

wildfire

5 year old buck +
I just spent 2 hours with my son, checking trail cameras. My son and I were amazed that water could flow so many directions on our 80. I can not see anyway possible to do any field work until june,. Have rr ag beans, eagle beans, 4 types of white clover, gfr, 4 types of turnips, 150# wr, 2# rr sugar beets. couple bags of rr field corn. Need to add K o-o-60 , 200#/ acre, P 11-52-0, 100# per acre, both by soil test. 9 plots total, 1/4 acre, 3/8, .5, .6, .6, .7, 1.0, 2.5 plus 3/4 acre in trails. Trails are in clover since 2009. Had 3- 12" culverts , could not nandle water, washout, will add 3 more as soon as tractor can get there. Had 4 wheeler stuck, and tractor stuck, thats how heart attack started. Can we get someone to help with solutions?

I have a 60 acre river bottom that is 95 % flooded. The rain can stop now any time. I might not get any corn planted on that place unless I switch up the corn seed to a fast maturity.

Deer Kar, Are the farmers who can get into their fields planting by you? I'm just north of Parkers on Sandy soil and was thinking of planting corn this weekend. My field is dry soon after the rain stops so I am more worried about soil temps than water.

I planted all my corn last week. never hit anything too mushy.
Farmers were planting in the area. But things were very idle late last week in the fields with the ongoing rains.

This week might be a bit different though. Typically we dry out pretty fast in our area.

Thanks guys, I should be good to go at my place this weekend. First time with a planter, should be a learning experience.

Thanks John, yep I plan on testing to make certain everything is working well. I don't have depth bands on the unit but their is a depth setting so I'll need to make certain I am planting at the correct depth. I was thinking 2" on my sandy soil.

Deer Kar, Are the farmers who can get into their fields planting by you? I'm just north of Parkers on Sandy soil and was thinking of planting corn this weekend. My field is dry soon after the rain stops so I am more worried about soil temps than water.
I helped the in-laws plant corn north of lake Miltona ( south of PP) on Sat& Sunday. Only got stuck 1 time with a full load of fer.We were working some there liter soils fields. My fields NE of PP I could drive a boat on. But they are also in river bottom. I hate jumping the gun and mudding stuff in. But I too am a weekend warrior and have only limited time.

What kind of planter are you using Freeborn?

I just got mine all fine tuned last week.

Here are my findings Freeborn.
Use 14 tooth sprocket on the drive wheel.
Use 11 tooth sprocket on the hopper drive gear.
16 cell plates.

Corn seed every 4.5 inches.

Thanks biglakesba$$, yep a 71 plate planter. I've spent allot of time on excel working out the sprockets, row width and have purchased quite of few plates and feel I'll be in good shape. Thanks for the help! With my sandy soil I'll be able to get into my place without a problem. I should be all set.

I had some neighbors on the irrigated sand west of me planting corn.

I need to add 500# K and 100# P per acre. The k is 0-0-60, and the p is 11-52-0. Does this have to be ammended into the soil? Soil test taken, results indicate adding these. Contacted Doug Galloway, and agreed.