The Sandbox

Some mixed up genetics around my place.
aa5f5a8e7e7e148f77e730bd9798ce11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this figgered out, guys.

You cross a crow and a pheasant and you get a crouwsant!

adf693bc4e08bcc291ded6528ca7741e.jpg

afba3e6bcee2ea6d0892c34930aff424.jpg

I got nine apple trees in. One more to plant. Two seedlings and a wild plum sucker to transplant.
6fa69ad0a68adb67822cfcda7e5fe2bb.jpg

Then I need to find room for the twelve or thirteen I just grafted. Plus some scion is saved for top works.

Looking good! looks like it's finally greening up in MN.

It looks like a black pheasant. I know our local gun club gets them for some shoots. Do you have a hunting club around you that may have been released?

It looks like a black pheasant. I know our local gun club gets them for some shoots. Do you have a hunting club around you that may have been released?

I guess they are showing up in a few other areas. I suspect they escaped or were released.

Post #865 - If the deer and other critters don't eat all your apples, you'll be eating lots of pies, sauce, dumplings, cobblers, and washing it down with cider - hard or sweet !!! It's gonna be good.

Post #865 - If the deer and other critters don't eat all your apples, you'll be eating lots of pies, sauce, dumplings, cobblers, and washing it down with cider - hard or sweet !!! It's gonna be good.

And other changes are coming. Two short weeks of work left, about three weeks of vacation, and then lots of time to work with the apples, also time to fish and hunt more!

And other changes are coming. Two short weeks of work left, about three weeks of vacation, and then lots of time to work with the apples, also time to fish and hunt more!

Congrats!

Are you getting a set of gold-plated, shoulder-length gloves as you retire ??? :emoji_grin: Cows are gonna miss you !! More fishing, hunting & habitat work…………. sounds pretty good. Don't forget your sunscreen !!

Are you getting a set of gold-plated, shoulder-length gloves as you retire ??? :emoji_grin: Cows are gonna miss you !! More fishing, hunting & habitat work…………. sounds pretty good. Don't forget your sunscreen !!

Brown gloves.

I got the old man hat and glasses. I have had skin cancer removed twice and eye doctor says UV makes the cataracts worse.
16808522115ec325b8663b918e0cb139.jpg

Cataracts ……… I've had both eyes done to remove those and put in new lenses. Just like I got new eyes !!!! What a difference. Eye surgery was as easy as pie too. Before surgery it was like looking through waxed paper. No more !!! I gotta get one of those old-man hats too. My neck and ears don't need more sunburns.

Loved the brown glove comment !!!

One of my best top works.. it has produced apples for two years.
eaf76339a25e413b365e26592da7ee4a.jpg

Two scrapes under this apple tree.
b469814f2ec38e498ebf469e1c25dc10.jpg

The spruce would almost block any chance of a rifle shot to this location.
2bd5198bc02e88b83c2d3cfe0d600da2.jpg

Two scrapes under this apple tree.
b469814f2ec38e498ebf469e1c25dc10.jpg

That kind of reminds me of the way my Dad used to prune them, he always put in semi dwarf at the farm for our family&friends to pick/eat and would prune anything that grew up or in. His theory/plan was to be able to sit on the ground and pick his apples, they looked kind of like weeping willows loaded with apples......my habitat addiction and practices would make him laugh.

That is neat, we used to call those Sichuan's kind of dark green/black..have only ever shot a couple like that. The one in the willows looked dark too.