The Sandbox

In Airizony we have a few craft beers that can change your views on stuff. Locally....."Kilt Lifter" is a big hit. Then too, we have such beers as "Barking Squirrel".....one of my fav's.

Gotta have a lot of the Lagunitas brews available there don't you foggy? Darn good stuff

I go to a store called "Total Wine". They also have some stores in MN now....I'm told. They must have 200++ brands of beer in that store! Some are sold by the bottle!!! Crazy number of brands. So many beers......so little time. ;)

Foggy-were you wearing a kilt in Arizony?

Another convert to WI beer ;)
I got to say there are quite a few Mn. breweries that make beer I won't touch.

Leiny's was a staple in vet school!

o_OLeinie's is a staple now! If I want a beer that I can get for under $5 for 6-pack of bottles, I will drink that any day over pretty much any other beer near that price range.

o_OLeinie's is a staple now! If I want a beer that I can get for under $5 for 6-pack of bottles, I will drink that any day over pretty much any other beer near that price range.

Kinda like Grain Belt Nordeast? A beer for any occasion. :)

I am very leery of beer from Foggy's former home town and also from the town north of where I work. They must make decent products now, but memories of things 40- -50 years ago are not good.

I am very leery of beer from Foggy's former home town and also from the town north of where I work. They must make decent products now, but memories of things 40- -50 years ago are not good.

40 or 50 years ago Schells (Deer Brand) beer sold for .25 cents a glass....and business was slow. Fast forward to today......and its a "craft beer" that sells for several bucks a bottle in many places.....and they can't brew it fast enough.

I like how smoothly you guys transition from seeing fishers and chupacabra to beer ........... at such a level of expertise !!!;) :D

Surly, Summit, Third Street, Big Woods, Fulton, Indeed, Excelsior, Lift Bridge, Lucid, Finnegans. I'll drink a bunch of their different varieties from those breweries before leinies :D. It sucks that most good MN beers are based in the cities though.

Spotted cow is some good stuff, we have some neighbors up in Carlton County with a hobby farm who are Wisconsin originals and they always throw a big shindig in the summers and get a half keg of spotted cow. There are usually enough people to finish it off and then we have to run to the local muni for some busch light to finish off the night :(

40 or 50 years ago Schells (Deer Brand) beer sold for .25 cents a glass....and business was slow. Fast forward to today......and its a "craft beer" that sells for several bucks a bottle in many places.....and they can't brew it fast enough.
My memory is of Hauenstein and Stein haus. Not good memories either. we had a name for them that is no longer considered appropriate.

I like how smoothly you guys transition from seeing fishers and chupacabra to beer ........... at such a level of expertise !!!;) :D
The more beer we drink, the more things we see. Things become crystal clear (until the next day).

Surly, Big Woods, and Excelsior are making some good products. The rest...I can do without from the handful of them I've tasted. Finnegans is brewed by Summit I believe. I can take or leave Finnegans..pretty much like Killian's Red. Summit Saga is the only product they brew I'd pay for. The little brewery in Baxter (Jackpine?) is making a couple decent brews.

I mainly stick the IPAs of most brands and like the Saga. Surly Furious is one my favorites, but they get a bit spendy so I pretty much only drink them when I am in cities someplace where it is on tap. Which ends up being a bit rare. Finnegans is brewed at summit but I think it is technically a separate non-profit company. You are drinking for the kids when you drink Finnegans!

I have not had any from the Jack Pine place in Baxter but I am sure I would like some of them. The only beers I am not a fan of are Wiess beers, a lot of them are too sweet for me.

Sadly I usually drink Keystone Light, since its cheap and its easy to drink while doing work outside, in the garage, or stuff like that.

I mainly stick the IPAs of most brands and like the Saga. Surly Furious is one my favorites, but they get a bit spendy so I pretty much only drink them when I am in cities someplace where it is on tap. Which ends up being a bit rare. Finnegans is brewed at summit but I think it is technically a separate non-profit company. You are drinking for the kids when you drink Finnegans!

I have not had any from the Jack Pine place in Baxter but I am sure I would like some of them. The only beers I am not a fan of are Wiess beers, a lot of them are too sweet for me.

Sadly I usually drink Keystone Light, since its cheap and its easy to drink while doing work outside, in the garage, or stuff like that.
The nice thing about IPAs is that I can have three or four on a week night, catch a buzz, and still get up the next day. If I was drinking Keystone it would take me 8 or 10 and feel like crap the next day.

Surly, Big Woods, and Excelsior are making some good products. The rest...I can do without from the handful of them I've tasted. Finnegans is brewed by Summit I believe. I can take or leave Finnegans..pretty much like Killian's Red. Summit Saga is the only product they brew I'd pay for. The little brewery in Baxter (Jackpine?) is making a couple decent brews.
Big Wood is my favorite brew hands down right now. Try Hammer Heart if you get a chance as they have some good brews but they can be outside the box. Plus they have some nice racks on the wall in their tap room.

I had this blueberry bobber beer when I was last in WI....that was some good stuff!

Don't.....do it.....

I like many of these as well....

I would agree, I wasn't really promoting the Miller Lite, it just so happens they made the commercials.

And besides, man law is man law and is universal.

The Sandbox beer thread needs more beer commercials, these guys make some good ones poking fun at the big brewery commercials.

Never seen those WB! Those are great!