The first of many!

Four Seasons

5 year old buck +
Looks as though stepping on peoples rights do not stand up in the court of law. This is the first of many cases in courts coming in 2015.

Court rules against DNR in high-fence hunting fight
11:06 a.m. EST February 2, 2015
B9316094637Z.1_20150202110618_000_G9I9RJSSO.1-0.jpg

(Photo: Kelly Wilkinson/The Star)

52 CONNECT 5 TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
The Indiana Court of Appeals has ruled that state wildlife officials overstepped their authority when they attempted to ban high-fence hunting preserves a decade ago.

The ruling is significant. Today, the House Natural Resources Committee is likely to vote on a bill that would set rules for high-fence hunting preserves in Indiana.

The three-judge appeals panel ruled 2-1 that the Department of Natural Resources went “beyond the express powers conferred upon it by the General Assembly... to manage Indiana’s wildlife,” when the agency tried to shut down hunting preserves a decade earlier.

The appellate court ruled that privately owned deer on preserves are exempt from the DNR’s regulatory authority.

The opinion also calls on the legislature to end a stalemate over high-fence hunting in Indiana.

In 2005, the DNR issued an order attempting to shut down the state's fenced deer hunting preserves, after a case in which deer bred for big antlers were being shot in enclosures so small that officials called them “killing pens.” The preserves sued, challenging the order.

In 2013, a Harrison County judge ruled that the DNR had no authority over captive-deer hunting because the animals on the preserves were privately owned. They are sold as part of a boutique agricultural industry that breeds deer with antlers sometimes twice as large as the record for animals killed in the wild. Valuable breeding bucks and does can command six-figure prices.

The status of the animals remained unclear. Less than a year before the Harrison County ruling, an Owen County judge tossed out another case challenging the DNR’s authority.

The justices affirmed the Harrison County decision

I went zombie hunting the other day and I couldn't find any. Does anyone know if there is a zombie bait out there?

As far as I know live human brain tissue is the only thing that works. I'm not sure what that says about you Dipper since you didn't attract any zombies.

Zombie must be nocturnal because I never see them during shooting hours on my place.

Now that the Super Bowl is over, baseball season can't get here soon enough!

As far as I know live human brain tissue is the only thing that works. I'm not sure what that says about you Dipper since you didn't attract any zombies.
I wear a aluminum foil hat to keep the voices away. I guess I'll have to ditch it on the hunt

Zombie must be nocturnal because I never see them during shooting hours on my place.

Zombies are more active in daylight the further north you are in their range. Dipper should be seeing some daylight activity as long as he's keeping his pressure low and paying attention to his entrance/exit routes. On a somewhat related note, I heard Pope and Young is considering a Zombie category, but they are having trouble defining fair chase. A lot of Zombie's are taken in the city where they've become fairly domesticated, and there have been instances where the Zombie was trapped inside a fenced area, like a playground. Some hunters are arguing that it's still fair chase because the Zombie could hide inside the jungle gym.

Zombies are more active in daylight the further north you are in their range. Dipper should be seeing some daylight activity as long as he's keeping his pressure low and paying attention to his entrance/exit routes. On a somewhat related note, I heard Pope and Young is considering a Zombie category, but they are having trouble defining fair chase. A lot of Zombie's are taken in the city where they've become fairly domesticated, and there have been instances where the Zombie was trapped inside a fenced area, like a playground. Some hunters are arguing that it's still fair chase because the Zombie could hide inside the jungle gym.
and now you can shoot them with lighted nocks and still get in the book.......

Zombies are more active in daylight the further north you are in their range.

Good info, thanks! I'm way down in S. Illinois so that might explain why I never see them during shooting hours.

You guys should come to Jersey. Im covered up in them.

and their already sporting Hillary bumper stickers.

You guys should come to Jersey. Im covered up in them.

and their already sporting Hillary bumper stickers.

Maybe this is actually a zombie bear in New Jersey?

Now that the Super Bowl is over, baseball season can't get here soon enough!

Probably because of too much baiting ... people leaving old brains out by their backyard grill saying they "spilled".

I hate baiters ... :)

80 views and 8 childish replies. Job complete. Bet reading those words of justice burnt a few eyes. Love It!!!

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I read each post in this topic ... except the first one.

Maybe this is actually a zombie bear in New Jersey?

Cool video. Someone should put him down though. I laughed at the news caster saying oooh someone should help him.

One would think the hint would be taken already. Deaf ears dude...deaf ears....

I read everything but post number 1.

The dude thinks killing deer in a pen is "hunting". He isn't bright enough to take a hint.
Dude thinks people should be free and able to make their own choices as to what they do with their life. Dude thinks if a person chooses to hunt behind fence or with a spear and stone then thats their choice. Dude is sick of seeing the states and Govt taking away peoples gun rights.peoples choices on what they do with their property they pay taxes on and the list goes on. Dude is really bright and is going to fight for his right. Some other dudes decide to sit back and get walked on then thats their choice. This is only the first of a few lawsuits against states stepping on peoples rights and as you can see, The judges agree.