Tax Time

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
Getting together the necessary info for accountant to do taxes sucks.:(

Yep, tax's period suck.

My mother is an office manager for a CPA firm. She is about ready to pull her hair out! She is working 7 days a week right now and will do so thru the deadline, and then things will remain busy for those that file an extension. The plus side for me is I get my taxes done by a pro for FREE!

Just found out I owe 4k. That was awesome. Accountant was also kind enough to tell me next year will be worse.

Thanks to my high school sr.. I had to have all mine done weeks ago for financial aid reasons. I always over pay since I am self employed, easier to pay a little too much quarterly than figuring out how to finance Obamas next vacation at this time of year.

Just found out I owe 4k. That was awesome. Accountant was also kind enough to tell me next year will be worse.

Buy more farms, good write off!

I think I've got all my stuff now. Gonna take a whack at it tonight. I'm hoping for a break even this year.

You know what they say. If you're not paying, you're not making.

Mailed mine in a couple weeks ago. Just checked the status online and my refund has been approved and is scheduled to be deposited into my bank account on 03/12!!! :D:D

As for my IL refund, their online system is saying to give them 10 weeks for mailed in returns. :eek:

Well I missed and looks like I'm writing an extra check to PBO before April 15th. Went and adjusted the W-4 to hopefully prevent that this coming year and get it closer to zero. That way there's no rush/no fuss.

Did my own and got my small refund already. Mine aren't complicated though.

Did our own too. Kids are out of college and on their own, so it's just me and mama bear. Got our little refunds about a month ago.

You know what they say. If you're not paying, you're not making.
I had the perfect storm of depreciation and deductions ending with increased income. This year I will have the sale of the company to deal with. One positive I will be keeping my backhoe an extra year to avoid paying the tax on it's sale and it still has some depreciation left to write off. That means I will have to find a couple more projects to do. I think another deep woods plot is in order.

I get to enjoy tax time year year round but these few months are crazy. Usually leave by 7 on Wednesdays and Fridays and avoid working the majority of Sundays as well, but a few nights get late. Still have a few corps to extend or get done by March 16th. Also do related financial statement compilations, reviews, and audits for businesses. Plenty busy with everything this time of year :eek:

My mother is an office manager for a CPA firm. She is about ready to pull her hair out! She is working 7 days a week right now and will do so thru the deadline, and then things will remain busy for those that file an extension. The plus side for me is I get my taxes done by a pro for FREE!

I don't even do that for family! But they do get a discount.

I get to enjoy tax time year year round but these few months are crazy. Usually leave by 7 on Wednesdays and Fridays and avoid working the majority of Sundays as well, but a few nights get late. Still have a few corps to extend or get done by March 16th. Also do related financial statement compilations, reviews, and audits for businesses. Plenty busy with everything this time of year :eek:

I don't even do that for family! But they do get a discount.
The guy who is mom's boss is a partner in the firm and he knows the place would fall apart without mom around - she runs a pretty tight ship. He's an all round good guy as well. He even hooked me up with some odd jobs to make a few bucks back when I was out of work when the economy tanked a few years ago. He's doing real good for himself - glad to see a good guy making it out there in the business world.