Stock Market is the bottom in?

Td Ameritrade forced me to switch over to schwab and I'm not used to using their site but I'm not liking it so far. Doesn't seem as user friendly and doesn't stream up to date/real time prices. Might have to find something else to use if this one doesn't "grow on me".

I’m not happy either. It’s like stepping back 10 years. I miss Ameritrade already !

One issue is Schwab has some of my stocks as “not qualifying for dividend reinvestment “

What ? How can that be—they qualified under Ameritrade? Anyone else seeing that ?

Target is the next to be made an example of. Supporting .6 percent of the population and alienating 99.4% just doesn't seem like the best strategy. HA HA

Target is the next to be made an example of. Supporting .6 percent of the population and alienating 99.4% just doesn't seem like the best strategy. HA HA

The long tentacles of the WEF and the groomer mafia have gotten ahold of the bond market and are threatening these companies with bad ESG scores which will impact their ability to borrow money to buy back their stock which they sorely need to cover up their lack of real growth. These companies all know it's brand suicide, but blowing up their balance sheets with bad debt is also earnings suicide.

So they have to genuflect at the altar of grooming or be relegated to junk bond rates. That’s where it’s headed anyway. That’s Larry Fink’s (BlackRock) marching orders from the WEF.

1686690603161.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1686763315500.png

I’m not happy either. It’s like stepping back 10 years. I miss Ameritrade already !

One issue is Schwab has some of my stocks as “not qualifying for dividend reinvestment “

What ? How can that be—they qualified under Ameritrade? Anyone else seeing that ?
For your stocks that Schwab won't do a DRIP go to Computershare and see if the companies have a direct investment plan. If they do they probably have a DRIP to go along with it. Transfer the shares from Schwab to Computersare and enroll in the DRIP. Easy peasey.

While you're at Computershare poke around and see if they handle any other companies that you might or are already invested in. Then do the same thing.

Or you could find a platform that has the option to enroll in DRIP. Easier Peasier.

Been and extremely insightful, interesting, and fun thread.

So, let's play hypothetical....

You have $2 million. How do YOU invest and let that $ work for you so you can live off interest, dividends, rent / lease payments, etc. with minimal risk to your $2 million nest egg.

I'm gonna enjoy hearing all the different responses to this.

I'd get another solar panel for my cabin, and buy a newer outhouse. I'd also pull out about $8,000 to dig, stock, and aerate a perch/walleye/catfish/crappie pond.

I'd put 2/3 into a ladder of 6-mo treasuries so long as they're paying north of 5%. I'd put the other third into CVX, XOM, PSX, and VLO and have them dance for hundo's in the options market.

You have $2 million. How do YOU invest and let that $ work for you so you can live off interest, dividends, rent / lease payments, etc. with minimal risk to your $2 million nest egg.

So do you want to never touch the principle 2 mil or do you want to include that and use it up over time? That will be a big difference in a plan. It’s really going to come down to how much you need per year to live off

So do you want to never touch the principle 2 mil or do you want to include that and use it up over time? That will be a big difference in a plan. It’s really going to come down to how much you need per year to live off
The 2 million is available to invest however you like. Stocks, bonds, real estate, etc. Essentially, how do you make it work for you?

High dividend yield ETFs that net about 4 to 5 percent. Then live off the dividends and never have to give it much more thought. I can easily live off 80k pre-tax annual income, with plenty left over at the end of the year.

The 2 million is available to invest however you like. Stocks, bonds, real estate, etc. Essentially, how do you make it work for you?
Ok, I read your initial post again and see that you want to live off interest , gains and dividends with MINIMAL RISK. Any total stock market index fund will give you at least 5% a year over time. Easy Peasy . No strategy involved. Personally, depending on your age I would gamble more early on to increase that 2 mil right off the bat. HIGH RISK? HIGH REWARD.
LOW RISK/ LOW REWARD. Unfortunately, That’s the way it works.

Depends on age of each person. If I was 27 years old and had $2 million handed to me, I'd plunk 1.5 into a total stock market index fund. The rest in short-term Treasuries or investment grade corporates to get around 5% yield.

If I was 60 years old, I'd most likely aim for about a 60 / 40 split between a total stock market index fund, or an S&P 500 index fund (for the low expense ratio's), and a total bond market index fund to cover all durations of the bond market. Sooner or later, rates will drop and intermediate / longer term bonds will look good. Bases covered = sleep at night without having to be "dialed-in" for my remaining years.

Already some interesting takes. Thought we might have someone go with "buy commercial NNN property with 7% cap rate", or "rental properties". Of course, this does affect liquidity.

I buy income producing stocks . Apple, Valero Energy, Otter Tail Power,UPS, Cenex Harvest States.

My current dividend is around 5.5% to 6%. If everything goes well—my wife and I will retire in 10 years and live off the dividends! We will see? That’s the plan !

*70% of my assets/investments are farm land in 3 states. I know I’m not very diversified, but so far just about every parcel I’ve bought has doubled in value and the cash rent is very solid !

Depends on how hands on you wish to be rentals are a good investment but require way more management on your part unless you hire a management company but then your rate of return is no better than a stock/bond investment mix or

Depends on how hands on you wish to be rentals are a good investment but require way more management on your part unless you hire a management company but then your rate of return is no better than a stock/bond investment mix or

Not just that, but it open you up to being sued. Why take the risk if I don't have to?

I rolled some more 3 and 6 mo treasuries forward this week.

1687436252378.png