Stock Market is the bottom in?

Absolutely killing it with FRCB today. It's been climbing and looks like it might just keep going. I HOPE!

Absolutely killing it with FRCB today. It's been climbing and looks like it might just keep going. I HOPE!
What’s the strategy there? They didn’t go under ?

What’s the strategy there? They didn’t go under ?
I believe JP MORGAN took over and right off the bat JP stated that they thought assuming FRC'S liabilities was like getting a $30 billion dollar value at a deep discount. I figured if FRCB is now owned by JP it should just climb back up to where it was roughly. They faltered because the panic in the market convinced everyone to take their money out of banks. Any bank can go under if all customers take their money out at the same time. JPM is a pretty damn good backer for any company. Have to see what develops.

I believe JP MORGAN took over and right off the bat JP stated that they thought assuming FRC'S liabilities was like getting a $30 billion dollar value at a deep discount. I figured if FRCB is now owned by JP it should just climb back up to where it was roughly. They faltered because the panic in the market convinced everyone to take their money out of banks. Any bank can go under if all customers take their money out at the same time. JPM is a pretty damn good backer for any company. Have to see what develops.
Good for you !

It's the equivalent of a blind squirrel finding an acorn.

Already some interesting takes. Thought we might have someone go with "buy commercial NNN property with 7% cap rate", or "rental properties". Of course, this does affect liquidity.

That is exactly what I would do. 60% multi family, 30% commercial prop. 10% farm ground.

I’ve been investing in multi-fam real estate since 2000 and have owned stocks/mutual funds since 1992. RE has consistently out performed stocks for me.

Not saying it’s for everyone, but it’s been working for our fam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rolled some more treasuries forward in this week's 6-mo auction. Riding the bench ain't so bad at these rates. I'm still about 2/3 invested and then 1/3 in treasuries. If she doesn't blow by the end of this year, I don't know that it ever will. Funny how that banking crisis just went away.

1688568298727.png

I rolled some more treasuries forward in this week's 6-mo auction. Riding the bench ain't so bad at these rates.
Yep - you can knock down some good coin with a lump of cash at 5.25% +. Interest collected can be spent one way or another ----- or re-invested in your favorite stock / fund / or more treasuries, money markets, cd's. Bale the hay while the conditions are ripe.

The little green man is waving the knife at the debt markets. I have to say, I am fascinated by how much stress the economy has been able to take with very few things going under. I truly have no idea whether high rates matter or not. So far it seems they don't, other than some shitty banks' bond portfolios sinking them. There's a stealth bailout plan for those though. I just don't know that all banks will get to dump their bonds to the fed at full price and the fed will just digitize their loss away with the wand.

1688745288412.png

1688745325419.png

Really we are still in low rate territory historically speaking I’ve had loans at 8-9% and was happy to get them

Our first mortgage (before we refinanced) was at 9.5%. That was in 1986 ............. "the good old days."

A house plus 80 acres for $43K ............... a dream. $43K buys about 1/2 an acre around here now - no house.

GGE is under two dollar!

make me holler

Buy,Buy,Buy!

GGE is under two dollar!

make me holler

Buy,Buy,Buy!
You sure they're gonna make it? Their TTM EPS loss per share is more than their share price.

I'm been pushing chips at RUM the past few weeks. I really like that one under $9, and it's a real pole dancer in the options market.

A house plus 80 acres for $43K ............... a dream. $43K buys about 1/2 an acre around here now - no house.
For sure! At the time I was barely able to afford something that cheap. Start with hardly anything and try to improve from there. I don't know how the young people today are supposed to make it when starting out. Maybe things are fairly equal to what they were in the early '90s? At that time I think I was making about $5 bucks an hour and worked like a rented mule for that. Still doing the same work generally at the same place but now I'm the business owner. Man, where did all that time go?

You sure they're gonna make it? Their TTM EPS loss per share is more than their share price.

I'm been pushing chips at RUM the past few weeks. I really like that one under $9, and it's a real pole dancer in the options market.
You had me at pole dancer.

$6500 for a house (needed some work ) and 100 acres. Nobody wanted land at that time that wasn’t tillable. Then years later 90 acres next door went at auction for $180 and acre. I didn’t have it and no way to get it. i should have begged, borrowed and stole to get the money but didn’t. Some mistakes you never seem to forget.

I buy at $2 or under sell it at $2.50 or over.

I usually own about $600 of it.