Stock Market is the bottom in?

We could balance the budget in no time if we could get a handle on all the captive government agencies. NATO alone is 2/3 of the deficit, a money laundering scheme 20+ times more expensive than the Russian military and NATO still ran out of ammo and guns before Russia. The greedy psychos in charge of war and draining the wealth of the nation are well on their way to destroying the whole damn thing. So long as there is weed, internet, and doritos, nobody is going to care to do anything about it.

NATO is out of artillery ammunition for the type of artillery the Ukrainians have, because NATO would never fight a Russian-style artillery war, so they don't stockpile the numbers necessary for that. Ukraine now has a lot of Russian artillery too, and NATO doesn't use those weapons, so they don't have ammo for them.

NATO would fight Russia with air and sea power. Ukraine doesn't have pilots for the types of planes NATO would use in that kind of fight, and we would never give them an aircraft carrier.

No question all the foreign aid and NATO spending is straight up money laundering right back into the politicians pockets.

No question all the foreign aid and NATO spending
Just a thought or 2 here .........
Do we want to send our own young men and women to fight in foreign lands like Ukraine - or help the Uke's fight in their own territory with military aid??

OR - allow Putin to run rampant westward through Europe (like Hitler did) with no help from us - or the rest of NATO nations?? (Putin a trustworthy guy????????)
Remember the "attempt" at making a peace treaty (appeasement) with Hitler that France and a few other European countries tried?? Did Hitler honor those agreements??? NO. Would Putin honor ANY attempt at a treaty ............. and STOP invading the rest of Europe???? How expensive in BLOOD and money would that get??

Suppose we cut off ALL foreign military aid. How long would Europe last?? Russia is already making big inroads in Africa - promising military & oil support to the dictators there. How many countries do we want to have tight alliances with Putin and Xi Jin Ping (China)???? China is already gaining friends in South America - building military bases and surveillance stations down there.

Is all this a rosy picture to anyone here?? Can we see the world map aligning against the U.S. and any "free" democracies?? If a major war breaks out ......... ALL of our saved & invested money / stocks / bonds will all be worthless. There goes any financial security, boys.

Keyboard complaints and answers are easy, gentlemen. The real world situation is a real B$$$H.

Just a thought or 2 here .........
Do we want to send our own young men and women to fight in foreign lands like Ukraine - or help the Uke's fight in their own territory with military aid??

OR - allow Putin to run rampant westward through Europe (like Hitler did) with no help from us - or the rest of NATO nations?? (Putin a trustworthy guy????????)
Remember the "attempt" at making a peace treaty (appeasement) with Hitler that France and a few other European countries tried?? Did Hitler honor those agreements??? NO. Would Putin honor ANY attempt at a treaty ............. and STOP invading the rest of Europe???? How expensive in BLOOD and money would that get??

Suppose we cut off ALL foreign military aid. How long would Europe last?? Russia is already making big inroads in Africa - promising military & oil support to the dictators there. How many countries do we want to have tight alliances with Putin and Xi Jin Ping (China)???? China is already gaining friends in South America - building military bases and surveillance stations down there.

Is all this a rosy picture to anyone here?? Can we see the world map aligning against the U.S. and any "free" democracies?? If a major war breaks out ......... ALL of our saved & invested money / stocks / bonds will all be worthless. There goes any financial security, boys.

Keyboard complaints and answers are easy, gentlemen. The real world situation is a real B$$$H.
Russia has a $60 billion dollar military budget and they're already in the conscripts fighting in Ukraine. Where do you suppose the money and men are going to come from to occupy another country?

Resource conquest today is done with central banks and well placed and bought off pedophiles in western governments. I'm still trying to figure out what happened in Niger, whether the state department ran that coup, or the military drove out the state department's guy.

If you want to conquer a people, you don't send in the military, you send in the trannies, destroy their health, destroy their healthcare, take their guards down off the border, sterilize the children, kill the hopeless, poison the food and water, destroy education, destroy the currency, destroy the family unit, destroy the churches. Sound like anything happening here?

Biden started the war in Ukraine not Putin. Putin was pretty clear that if Ukraine joined NATO he would invade first thing dipshit Biden did when elected was run to Ukraine and invite them to join NATO. This made Putin about as happy as Russian nukes in Cuba made us a few years ago. Again Putin didn’t start this war Biden did of course Biden just attempted to blame Trump for the US’s credit down grade so what else would we expect. Biden creates a disaster with everything he does and it’s always somebody else’s fault.

Now Buffet is stealing my ideas. Which one of you yahoos on this forum is the Oracle of Omaha? Fess up.

74a86b4c1840df4a195cb1d30e4c3730.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedophiles in western governments.
First - this IS NOT an attack on you, SD. I have no beef with you. Just a couple thoughts.

Everyone's a pedo these days right?? Remember "Speaker" Dennis Hastert (R) a convicted pedo. All problems are the fault of ONE side politically???? Both sides have been sending foreign aid for DECADES & DECADES. What's tomorrow's attack / buzz-word?? Seems name-calling has become the knee-jerk reaction in politics and everyday life anymore. How does name-calling solve anything?? Good Christians all - following Jesus ........ right??

With all the hate-filled division here in the U.S. - to the rest of the world ......... do we look like a strong, united country anymore??? Or maybe a schoolyard of kids??? Do we LEAD the world ........ or dissolve into the muck of chaos like so much of the world deals with every day???

Again - this is NOT a personal attack on you, SD. Jus food for thought. Have a good day friend. I hope you & family are doing well.

FWIW - our CFP advisor recommended a few months back ( Jan.) to move money to short-term gov. paper & short-term investment-grade bond fund. It was a good move. Rates won't dive quickly, so I'm thinking good returns for a while, possibly.

Buffet running cover for his Dems that caused this mess that all.

First - this IS NOT an attack on you, SD. I have no beef with you. Just a couple thoughts.

Everyone's a pedo these days right?? Remember "Speaker" Dennis Hastert (R) a convicted pedo. All problems are the fault of ONE side politically???? Both sides have been sending foreign aid for DECADES & DECADES. What's tomorrow's attack / buzz-word?? Seems name-calling has become the knee-jerk reaction in politics and everyday life anymore. How does name-calling solve anything?? Good Christians all - following Jesus ........ right??

With all the hate-filled division here in the U.S. - to the rest of the world ......... do we look like a strong, united country anymore??? Or maybe a schoolyard of kids??? Do we LEAD the world ........ or dissolve into the muck of chaos like so much of the world deals with every day???

Again - this is NOT a personal attack on you, SD. Jus food for thought. Have a good day friend. I hope you & family are doing well.
I know.

It's just all this war pisses me off, and there is no need to kill so many people all over the world for no reason other than profits and the sick goals of psychos that want to kill everyone on earth before the masses wake up and get angry to what they've been doing. We spend well over $3 trillion dollars a year on nato, our own defense, homeland security, FBI, CIA, NSA, etc, and our government is completely infested with spooks and traitors, and now those spooks and traitors are running the very agencies that were supposed to keep them out.

None of the misery in this country has to happen. We could balance the budget tomorrow if we'd dump the bureaucracy and quit with the adventures in "spreading democracy". We could snuff out inflation in one day if we could snuff out the corruption draining the treasury. Right now, these leeches are stealing around $250 billion dollars a month from the American people, and it's going to pick up speed until we go face first into CBDCs.

I don't see division though. I think the lines are clearer than they've ever been. It's America vs it's captured government. There are still plenty of americans that think they're on team government, but they'll find out when it's too late for them that they're not.

FWIW - our CFP advisor recommended a few months back ( Jan.) to move money to short-term gov. paper & short-term investment-grade bond fund. It was a good move. Rates won't dive quickly, so I'm thinking good returns for a while, possibly.
Trying to time things is hard to do. Have the opposite feeling as you but basically did similar. I was running the numbers this week and kicking myself on funds transfered from employee plan early this year to an IRA and leaving in short term safe stuff until market has a hiccup.

You do realize SP 500 is up over 17% ytd? Global selloff of a few %....whatever

3 LETTER GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATIONS CAN GO AWAY ASAP.
Usually when I say things like this a few swamp creatures crawl over to a keyboard and try to justify the bureaucracy’s existence.

Usually when I say things like this a few swamp creatures crawl over to a keyboard and try to justify the bureaucracy’s existence.
They're too busy telling the world how they got Trump this time. This is NOT a recording. BIDEN IS THE CRIMINAL AND TRUMP IS THE DIVERSION. This is just my opinion of course.

They’re good returns but the market could be up 20-30% this year!!!!! Got to be in it when it’s good to keep up with inflation over the years. 5-6 % is a safe haven but, in my opinion you need at least 7-10% return over the long run.

Trying to time things is hard to do. Have the opposite feeling as you but basically did similar. I was running the numbers this week and kicking myself on funds transfered from employee plan early this year to an IRA and leaving in short term safe stuff until market has a hiccup.

You do realize SP 500 is up over 17% ytd? Global selloff of a few %....whatever
Agreed. I didn't move all of our money into short-term stuff - that would be crazy!! The bulk of our $$$ is in index funds that capture almost the entire market, with a few tweaks to up the growth. Some are up closer to 30%. I don't try to time the markets either - our CFP suggested moving some money to short-term stuff to take advantage of rates. The only "timing" I ever did was at 2 past market crashes. I invested a good bit more when the floor dropped out and folks were running for the exits. (Buffet's method / counseling). ------ Paid off.

They’re good returns but the market could be up 20-30% this year!!!!! Got to be in it when it’s good to keep up with inflation over the years. 5-6 % is a safe haven but, in my opinion you need at least 7-10% return over the long run.
Agreed. We're averaging over 11% since 2000 - based on our latest statements. We don't let market swings alter our course. Paper losses don't scare us. We've been long-haulers for about 40 years. Divs. & interest re-invested the whole time. They buy more shares for free. Think of a snowball rolling down a hill (hill= time). The further it rolls .......... the more snow sticks. Bogle called it, "The miracle of compounding."

It's just all this war pisses me off, and there is no need to kill so many people all over the world for no reason other than profits
Me too, SD. That ^^^^^ Is the BOTTOM - LINE reason for all wars - someone wants more money / land & POWER. My pipe dream is that the whole world would take a week off from all the BS .......... and have a global picnic / beer / BBQ. / music etc. Maybe after a week of good times, we'd all re-think what we really want to do going forward. The GREEDY / POWER-HUNGRY would most likely ruin things though.

Just think if all the countries of the world took the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ spent on killing each other, and put it to food, medical care, shelter. End of many problems / reasons for war & hatred.

Agreed. We're averaging over 11% since 2000 - based on our latest statements. We don't let market swings alter our course. Paper losses don't scare us. We've been long-haulers for about 40 years. Divs. & interest re-invested the whole time. They buy more shares for free. Think of a snowball rolling down a hill (hill= time). The further it rolls .......... the more snow sticks. Bogle called it, "The miracle of compounding."
You sound like my planner. Find the right allocation.....and stay invested and stay the course. Compound about 10% over the long term with low risk and mediocre returns. Boring.....but it works.
I've been retired for nearly 20 years and we have spent on the 4% plan. Helped our families get started, bought real estate, built homes, and more. Currently have a 50% higher worth than when I retired.....and lose no sleep worrying about investments. Blessed......tho I suppose we all worry about the future for our kids / grandkids.

Interesting situation the US government has gotten itself into with running such a high deficit, and now high interests rates combating inflation. The Government will need to start spending a lot of the budget just to pay off its old debt. The government now has to decide to either create runaway inflation, cut programs, or raise taxes. I feel like we are in a free fall, and can't see the ground. That ground will come when the government interventions stop working. I'm going to keep DCA into the market for retirement, and hope for the best .

fredgraph.png