Stock Market is the bottom in?

It is very strange times indeed.

Now that it's here, it makes perfect sense what's happening. High interest rates make it a give away cash-only market for the deep pockets of the WEF minions at the big asset managers. You'll own nothing and be happy is well on it's way.

^ Agreed SD. My wife and I were just talking about all the crazy prices for food and staples....as well as the cost of fuel and heating (had a propane tank filled recently?). This winter is going to be rough on LOTS of people. Not sure how folks will make ends meet.

Still.....we go out to eat and see big families with all their kids enjoying a big $$ meal. Not sure how young couples can (should) afford that? Taking my kids for pizza was a huge event back in my time. Yeah....I'm old and frugal (to a point). Grin.

^ Agreed SD. My wife and I were just talking about all the crazy prices for food and staples....as well as the cost of fuel and heating (had a propane tank filled recently?). This winter is going to be rough on LOTS of people. Not sure how folks will make ends meet.

Still.....we go out to eat and see big families with all their kids enjoying a big $$ meal. Not sure how young couples can (should) afford that? Taking my kids for pizza was a huge event back in my time. Yeah....I'm old and frugal (to a point). Grin.
Nobody under the age of 55 has lived through a period like this. From the outside looking in, it appears nobody is suffering the effects of inflation. But the data is there, and it's not going well. If it weren't for covid and the war machine, there'd be no national debt and inflation problem.

1694728624472.png

^ Yep.....I think many folks credit card debt has grown to a point that the rubber is going to meet the road PDQ. Now, the current card fee's and interest have gotta bite folks pretty hard. Seems not many have any discipline to manage that debt and higher costs. The numbers can become overpowering in a hurry.

Auto industry is getting interesting. The strike isn’t going to help. Repo’s are up, sales are down. Dealer personal talking about not making any money, like near zero….interesting times ahead I am afraid.

Auto industry is getting interesting. The strike isn’t going to help. Repo’s are up, sales are down. Dealer personal talking about not making any money, like near zero….interesting times ahead I am afraid.

I’ve got a friend that runs the acct dept for a big dealer group and she said their sales on vehicles are in the dump, but their parts sales are soaring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a friend that runs the acct dept for a big dealer group and she said their sales on vehicles are in the dump, but their parts sales are soaring.

Many years back.....much of the money made in a dealership was on new cars. Now, I think they do better on used cars as they have a better chance to "buy" (trade) those "right" than the new stuff. They also make good money on parts and service.....and tires these days (tho I think the parts biz was always good). Years back they did'nt want into the tire biz. Times have changed. Those dealers have to be creative. Why they add things on like plastic sheilds and sound proofing for big bucks.

ABMLD

dropped about 18% since the reverse split……..

Attachments

• 2C445DCE-2E3D-4E61-BC2C-8CDAF3B0F641.jpeg
    2C445DCE-2E3D-4E61-BC2C-8CDAF3B0F641.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 9
Yes life going to become way more painful for lots of folks pretty quickly it’s already beginning. I’m seeing a lot more nicer equipment coming up for sale than even 6 months ago and I suspect it’s only the beginning of that trend.

Energy has been on a tear lately. I'm about 60% in four energy stocks, 30% in ultra short term treasuries, and 10% side bets on RUM, SNAP, and GNRC. I decided to run a 90-day chart on my big 4 energy stocks. What a doozie! When the new world order says you're going to own nothing, believe them. The refiners are the bottleneck in energy. When you're wondering where all the money from a $5 gallon of fuel goes, it's to them.

1694789843892.png

Attachments

• 1694789592492.png
    1694789592492.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 14
Yep.....I think many folks credit card debt has grown to a point that the rubber is going to meet the road PDQ.
Credit cards are addictive to some folks who can't say "no" to themselves. The interest on credit card debt is insane. IMO - lots more financial education needs to be taught in schools starting in junior HS. Maybe help break the cycle of "I want it ....... so I'll charge it." ???

The refiners are the bottleneck in energy.
And NOBODY wants a new refinery in their backyard. With regular maintenance / safety protocols being ignored for years - the explosions, fires, chemical leaks, air quality issues that happen to many refineries today give citizens reason to not want them.

Mid-stream players don't have to worry about oil prices & their constant fluctuations. No matter the price of oil or natural gas - any of their refined products will flow through the mid-stream players' pipelines. Mid-streamers have traffic all the time, regardless of price fluctuations. Just a thought to chew on.

And NOBODY wants a new refinery in their backyard. With regular maintenance / safety protocols being ignored for years - the explosions, fires, chemical leaks, air quality issues that happen to many refineries today give citizens reason to not want them.

Mid-stream players don't have to worry about oil prices & their constant fluctuations. No matter the price of oil or natural gas - any of their refined products will flow through the mid-stream players' pipelines. Mid-streamers have traffic all the time, regardless of price fluctuations. Just a thought to chew on.
I don’t want a field of solar panels in my backyard either!

I don’t want a field of solar panels in my backyard either!
I was just responding to SD's comment about refineries being the bottleneck with energy. We lost a big one in Philly a few years ago when the Sunoco refinery had a huge explosion. That blast launched a few storage tanks the size of houses for several hundred yards distance. The locals there didn't want the refinery repaired OR a new one built on the same site. Events like that are why nobody wants a refinery built near them. Lack of refinery capacity adds to the cost of any oil products.

I'll take the solar panels over a refinery in my backyard - but they aren't the total answer to all of our energy problems. There HAVE been several BIG solar panel arrays built near our home in fields that were abandoned commercial property. Just weeds / fallow for decades. No houses close by - but no harm done either. It was built by a power company & tied into their grid. A plus in my book - no pollution from it - but we get clean, additional power.

Refineries have been a good investment for me. Valero & CVI . If they don’t build anymore, then the value will only go up.

I think Mr. Wonderful/Kevin from Shark Tank is working on financing to build a new one.

Credit cards are addictive to some folks who can't say "no" to themselves. The interest on credit card debt is insane. IMO - lots more financial education needs to be taught in schools starting in junior HS. Maybe help break the cycle of "I want it ....... so I'll charge it." ???
Let me get this straight you think the government can teach anyone about money and debt???? That’s rich your a comedian where will you be preforming your next standup routine I’ll buy tickets.

Let me get this straight you think the government can teach anyone about money and debt???? That’s rich your a comedian where will you be preforming your next standup routine I’ll buy tickets.

3d6a7d588a6cd3c252581877acb4bc7f.jpg