Stock Market is the bottom in?

Seems like we're getting really close to that fork in the road.

The UN is arguing we need to start with the shortages by using price controls. Bank of England had to bail out their bond market because their pensions were about to implode due to some stupid scheme where they issued short term bonds to buy long term bonds in an effort to squeeze out a profit. Due to all sorts of random chance, earth can't seem to keep a pipeline working anywhere, and OPEC is back in charge. I still like energy while we wait to see if the fed rides the debt bubble into the gorge to detonate it, or they send the dollar and poor people over the cliff by switching back to printing money and bring us to million dollar trailer houses, $11 diesel fuel, and $15 eggs.

I was really scratching my head last week. I was getting my underwear pulled up over my head on energy. This week it turned in a hurry.

Market recap for today:

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like we're getting really close to that fork in the road.

The UN is arguing we need to start with the shortages by using price controls. Bank of England had to bail out their bond market because their pensions were about to implode due to some stupid scheme where they issued short term bonds to buy long term bonds in an effort to squeeze out a profit. Due to all sorts of random chance, earth can't seem to keep a pipeline working anywhere, and OPEC is back in charge. I still like energy while we wait to see if the fed rides the debt bubble into the gorge to detonate it, or they send the dollar and poor people over the cliff by switching back to printing money and bring us to million dollar trailer houses, $11 diesel fuel, and $15 eggs.

I was really scratching my head last week. I was getting my underwear pulled up over my head on energy. This week it turned in a hurry.
As Yogi Berra says when you see a fork in the road … take it !

I think the irrational exuberance has worn off ...

Market recap for today:

giphy.gif

Great day for me. I was nervous when the S&P went above 3700, but after Friday I'm back on track. Picked up some SPXS and a put on IWM yesterday when the S&P started to slide again.

Did anyone load up on green giant at $0.70?

$1.70

It will often get just shy of $3

$1.70

It will often get just shy of $3
It’s not the old Green Giant which was located in Minnesota? I looked it up quick . Notes headquarters is China … is that correct ?

Yes sir.

Green giant went to $2.34!!

Well that was good timing. I liquidated all my shorts and puts when the market opened this morning. Made a nice profit. But what on earth is happening now? The S&P is back up over 3600. Is it time to get back into shorts, or is the market going to continue up for a few days?

The markets probably going to keep dragging along the bottom and dipping lower until we have good decisions being made in our government. Should be a fun couple of years hoping investments don't go under. FJB

Well that was good timing. I liquidated all my shorts and puts when the market opened this morning. Made a nice profit. But what on earth is happening now? The S&P is back up over 3600. Is it time to get back into shorts, or is the market going to continue up for a few days?
No one knows. That's why day trading and speculating never pay off over the long term. It's basically gambling.

Well now it's even higher, so I'm staying away for the time being.

I’ve got nothing smart to say about today. I have no idea what the hell that was about.

Earnings start rolling in next week. Should make for interesting reading for a couple weeks anyway.

No one knows. That's why day trading and speculating never pay off over the long term. It's basically gambling.

Yep. Dollar cost average in to the broad market over your working years. I'm still trying to decided if I want to dollar cost average on the way out after retirement or if there is a better strategy.

Project popeye?