Stock Market is the bottom in?

GNRC blew past where I thought I'd buy. I just don't like the environment right now. I had thought the fed would give up already, but they haven't. Maybe I'll kick myself in 3-6 months for not jumping on it at this price.

1666194016071.png

What exactly did you think the Fed would give up on?

What exactly did you think the Fed would give up on?

The idea that interest rate hikes can fix supply side inflation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably won’t fight supply side inflation but they also flooded the economy with stimulus money which is arguably the bigger problem and everyone is raising prices and wages are going up it’s become a self fulfilling prophecy at this point. As they say inflation is like toothpaste once it’s out of the tube it’s very difficult to put it back in. We will likely see years of these higher interest rates I bet at least 4 with our current political leadership and I’m using the term leadership pretty loosely. It’s more like a really bad comedy act at this point.

The idea that interest rate hikes can fix supply side inflation.

Why would the Fed reduce rate hikes? What other tools do they have to fight inflation?

The Dems are flooding the market with money (which is driving increased demand), cutting oil supply which also increases inflation, and with people not having to work, material supply chains are not recovering.

There are some other shoes about to drop which will make an impact ... consumer credit has surged (credit card use), companies are pulling back on job offers as labor costs have become too high and will be cutting work force levels, and then we are approaching the heating season. Just watch oil & nat gas prices.

Last edited:
GGE

higher,higher,higher!!!

Gee, if only there was something we could do to bring the cost of gas back down.

Gee, if only there was something we could do to bring the cost of gas back down.

That’s lookin got get much worse. Crack spreads are skyrocketing for the refiners, already higher than Q2. If those prices hold, VLO and PSX could smash their Q4 results like we’ve never imagined.

SHOP is jumping today after better than expected reports and projections. Investors are getting desperate for anything to go up that as soon as any company has better than terrible news they are on it like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowbank.

SHOP is jumping today after better than expected reports and projections. Investors are getting desperate for anything to go up that as soon as any company has better than terrible news they are on it like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowbank.
Yeah, that GDP report was a stinker too. You don't have to go very deep to see it wasn't America that was up 2.6%. CVX and XOM report tomorrow. I've got my decorations up. Let’s hope they deliver!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
When I'm confident of a down trend I'll buy some puts and shorts on the Russell.

When I'm confident of a down trend I'll buy some puts and shorts on the Russell.
Amazon just blew $220 billion dollars off their market cap in the blink of an eye. I thought the nasdaq would finally blow to bits today and it didn't. Probably won't tomorrow either.

1666902737727.png

Wow.

I'm ignorant on how the rate changes work with these, is the rate for investors who buy ibonds after today known?
I think they lock it for 6 months when you buy, and then adjust it every 6 months. So next week they'll announce the new rate for the next 6 months. I'm not quite sure why the panic to get them now. The rate is very good, but I don't see any reason it'll go down much. I wouldn't be shocked to see it go up.

I think they lock it for 6 months when you buy, and then adjust it every 6 months. So next week they'll announce the new rate for the next 6 months. I'm not quite sure why the panic to get them now. The rate is very good, but I don't see any reason it'll go down much. I wouldn't be shocked to see it go up.
That’s kind of what I was thinking. Not like it’s gonna be 3% this quarter and it’s only for 6 months.

Gotta start helping my retired dad with this stuff and I was planning on starting with ibonds.

I've never been able to make a case for any kind of bonds in retirement except for those who don't sleep well with volatility. I can't really find many periods of any length where the mix of cash, bonds, and stocks outperform just a mix of cash and stocks. Having said that, we are in weird financial times these days...