Stock Market is the bottom in?

The thing about crypto, is a lot of them are finite in supply, and some even reduce their quantity over time I think.

But there is also no cap to the number of cryptos issued. That could outrun even the funny money market and cause a crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why there isn’t a crypto backed by precious metals and exchangeable between holders instantly and for free is beyond me.

Have it vaulted in the South Dakota, under the black hills, by a third party, and the state of South Dakota.

All problems solved. Surprised Sprott hasn’t tried to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Land and stocks both stocks are great money makers in the long term but they can’t be utilized in any other way, land can produce income be improved and enjoyed tough to get the same sort of enjoyment out of a stock portfolio that I do from land. Diversification is your friend.

Not sure about buying djt stock. I don’t see why it would rip if he wins the election? Like others said, I’m voting for him and never use the site.

I have been sitting on money this last week or so. When the market was down I bought some more energy stock. If Harris wins, I’m selling it all.

Bitcoin has serial numbers for each coin? What do they give a guy who has a fraction of a bitcoin? The first couple of serial numbers? Anyone?
I own 0.00004369 of 1 bitcoin. Haha. Not sure that even qualifies me to get one digit of a serial number.

FDX is rebounding nicely.

I own 0.00004369 of 1 bitcoin. Haha. Not sure that even qualifies me to get one digit of a serial number.
What's the ticker on that? There's a bunch of different bitcoin stocks the way it looks. I don't know anything at all about it.

What's the ticker on that? There's a bunch of different bitcoin stocks the way it looks. I don't know anything at all about it.
BTC/USD I think. I'm not really sure how it works. Still trying to figure it out. I bought $3 worth just to monitor it. So far it drops to $2.60 then climbs back to $3 pretty regular.

BTC/USD I think. I'm not really sure how it works. Still trying to figure it out. I bought $3 worth just to monitor it. So far it drops to $2.60 then climbs back to $3 pretty regular.
I'm not even sure how you would buy a bit coin ? What do you hold when you got one / some?? How would you sell it?

So, what do you propose "Corporate America" should DO?? Pass laws to outlaw efficiency? Stop using robotics? No more Computers? No more assembly lines? Go back to hand made, one at a time goods?

Times are definitely changing and always have. Look at efficiency and productivity differences over the decades. Henry Ford made the assembly line make cars affordable for the masses. Buggy whips and horse carriage business's suffered. I do agree there are big changes coming. Always happens with progress and greater efficiency.

I have to ask myself.....would I rather have lived in....say, the 1400's?? Average life span was pretty short, education almost non existiant. Health care sucked. Worked dusk to dawn for some king or was a soldier in somebody's army, or a slave, in order to eat. Consider where mankind has been....and advances by humans may be better than you say.

Again......what do you propose we do? Ignore changes and new methods? Go backwards? What do you want to do? Just blame "Corporate America"?

I suggest you watch the movie......Who Moved my Cheese? (seriously).
Haven't been on here in a bit.

Just repeating what the AI companies have been saying. The avg. American won't be able to rapidly re-tool for such rapid, stark changes - assuming they have the time & money to pay for 4 years + of more college. When asked by financial reporters what career path he'd advise Americans to re-train for - NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang replied, "...... farming." What's that say to working people everywhere? Is he suggesting we go backward to having to grow our own food, because millions and millions more jobs will be eliminated??

I don't have a cure-all answer - and don't pretend to. But if so many millions & millions of jobs will be eliminated (including white collar types such as engineers, accountants, coders and programming folks), where do those people go to support their families ........ in a rapid fashion so as to not lose their homes, be able to pay bills, buy food, medical coverage (?) etc. Companies set to use AI to slash payrolls of all sorts of jobs aren't interested in planning for the futures of all those American and global workers. Their only interest is in the immediate corporate profits for the next few quarters and years. Political leanings & loud bluster aside - putting millions and millions of people out of work isn't good for the U.S. or global economies. The days of a relative few ultra-rich "robber barons" is returning with a vengeance.

What is your answer to what AI will do to the global economy??? ------- Not just the U.S. economy. And I have no hostile feelings here, Foggy. Just laying out the facts as stated by the AI folks themselves.

Experimenting with CGBS. About 28 cents a share right now. Hoping it's volatile and has a predictable pattern. Time will tell.

Haven't been on here in a bit.

Just repeating what the AI companies have been saying. The avg. American won't be able to rapidly re-tool for such rapid, stark changes - assuming they have the time & money to pay for 4 years + of more college. When asked by financial reporters what career path he'd advise Americans to re-train for - NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang replied, "...... farming." What's that say to working people everywhere? Is he suggesting we go backward to having to grow our own food, because millions and millions more jobs will be eliminated??

I don't have a cure-all answer - and don't pretend to. But if so many millions & millions of jobs will be eliminated (including white collar types such as engineers, accountants, coders and programming folks), where do those people go to support their families ........ in a rapid fashion so as to not lose their homes, be able to pay bills, buy food, medical coverage (?) etc. Companies set to use AI to slash payrolls of all sorts of jobs aren't interested in planning for the futures of all those American and global workers. Their only interest is in the immediate corporate profits for the next few quarters and years. Political leanings & loud bluster aside - putting millions and millions of people out of work isn't good for the U.S. or global economies. The days of a relative few ultra-rich "robber barons" is returning with a vengeance.

What is your answer to what AI will do to the global economy??? ------- Not just the U.S. economy. And I have no hostile feelings here, Foggy. Just laying out the facts as stated by the AI folks themselves.
I responded as I did because I thought your posts were laying this at corporate America's feet. Nobody is guilty of anything here....this is an evolving process of time. Not sure there is anything we can do to reverse time (unless we develop a flux capacitor?).

Odd thing tho.....seems we currently cannot find enough people to fill many of the job openings out there now......as folks seem to be better off taking the government dole. Around here many restaurants have closed because they cannot get cooks or staff. The home construction biz is crying for help. In past times so many people worked in manufacturing.....but today I know very few that do so. Many of the driving jobs, warehouse workers, forklift operators will be automated out of a job....so it appears. Still someone has to organize and oversee these things.....or don't they??

I certainly do not have any solutions to offer......I suppose mankind will all be government controlled at some point? Like you, I have lots of concerns for so many others.....including my grandkids......I really do not know what is in store for them. Remindful of the movie "Don't look up".

I'm not even sure how you would buy a bit coin ? What do you hold when you got one / some?? How would you sell it?
Try Fidelity crypto. You have to have a Crypto brokerage account. You can only use your phone. I don’t think you can do it on a computer last I knew but maybe that’s changed. You can buy/trade and sell any Crypto through it. They offer video tutorials on how.

If ai replaces all these jobs who will be able to afford anything? Again, are we heading to a hunger games type of world? Who knows, maybe the 4 horsemen will come before that, seems we are heading in that direction

Between AI and global population growth I think his comment about becoming a farmer isn’t far from the truth at least buying up farm ground is likely a very good move.

Between AI and global population growth I think his comment about becoming a farmer isn’t far from the truth at least buying up farm ground is likely a very good move.
I believe owning land may be one of the best choices remaining.

Yes I fear the future a bit as to just what my boys will be able to do for careers so I’m buying up farm ground as much as I can to leave them when my wife I are gone. On that last farm I bought it’s along a 4 lane divided highway so I’m looking at installing a couple monopod advertising signs for a little more passive income. I thought I found one on market place that had to be removed for new road work down by Tulsa but it appears to have gotten away from me before I could get it bought. I’m guessing I can pull about $600 a month per side of sign so $1200 a month from a double sided monopod. Anyone with any experince owning or renting anything like this feel free to chime in on this idea.