Stock Market is the bottom in?

Anyone who had a decent stop loss set on NVDA just lost a lot of money. Stock dropped over $12 in a minute and is now climbing back up quickly.

On your tip I just bought some DG also.

I just bought some DG - it's at a 5 year low. They missed earnings and have fallen nearly 30% on that news. I am going with the theory buy low, sell high.

My good buddy said if he had a dollar 💵 for every gal he sees at Dollar General with pajama pants he’d be a millionaire.

I just bought some DG - it's at a 5 year low. They missed earnings and have fallen nearly 30% on that news. I am going with the theory buy low, sell high.

Not gonna lie, I was in there looking at it this morning. They were on a tear for a long time, but the concept turned a couple years ago it seemed, and I don’t know why.

6f503243884b92f913ca0d98eb64fef3.jpg

11133b5d88ea4d1d97625bc1e999ef53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in an area that has a heavy DG presence and occasionally go in to grab a snack. The places are a dump almost universally. They staff with one person who has to stock shelves and run the cash register in between 43 smoke breaks an hour. They rarely have inventory. The self checkout is operational about 1/3 of the time. You could rob the store blind if that was your style. They are a disaster

I've only been in about 4 in my life. All the rural ones were ok, but the ones in a larger city look like they'd been looted.

I think they have recently been fined for crowded isles and having too much inventory blocking entries and some similar reasons. Fire hazard? I think it would be a nightmare to work in such a store.....but I kinda enjoy looking at some of the crap they carry. My wife and I occssionally buy some things (like get well and sympathy cards) for cheap there. We do not buy any food. They always seem to have a few customers when I drive by these places.

I picked up a jug of orange juice at DG the other night. Took about 5 mins waiting at the checkout for the gal to finish her cigarette. I'm sure she could have been done sooner if she didnt have the baby on the hip. She could be a real looker with a full set of teeth and if she lost 75-100lbs and maybe took a breath mint. So glad my local town could run out the small grocery store and replace it with all this cheap Chinese shit. They seem to be a great hangout if you like meth.

Ha! I agree, I don’t shop there. Hopefully I made a good buy. I guess they could always go bankrupt, but it does seem like people shop there

They just built 3 in my hometown in the last 5 years.

They just built 3 in my hometown in the last 5 years.

Are those stores all corporate owned? .....or franchise stores?? Seems to me its lots of risk in a small market with low price goods.

Low margins with Low Volume.....what could possibly go wrong? lol. Reminds me of all those Family Video stores when Netflix was rolling along. What were they thinking??? Money laundering?

My kids ask for DG gift cards for Christmas. It's the nearest store that has candy. Need to wean ourselves.

Are those stores all corporate owned? .....or franchise stores?? Seems to me its lots of risk in a small market with low price goods.

Low margins with Low Volume.....what could possibly go wrong? lol. Reminds me of all those Family Video stores when Netflix was rolling along. What were they thinking??? Money laundering?
I don't know how they're owned, but I have 11 of them within 5 miles from my house. Last week, somebody stole $600 worth of laundry detergent while the employee was taking pictures of them loading the car with it. Police are still looking for them.

I don't know how they're owned, but I have 11 of them within 5 miles from my house. Last week, somebody stole $600 worth of laundry detergent while the employee was taking pictures of them loading the car with it. Police are still looking for them.
I’m sure they are beating the bushes

I don't know the business model either but I do know out in the county they are the only option in many rural areas and many stay very busy. Convenience is what they have going for them, people not going to drive 40 minutes for milk or bread. They have driven all the small town grocery stores around here out on business.

People can walk or ride a bike to many DG stores. Most customers at Walmart drive there