Stock Market is the bottom in?

I don't chase zoomers like that anymore. I've been burned on too many hot concepts that just ended up being poorly financed pump and dump schemes. I'm still wrastlin trying to get another block of CVX. My 140 put didn't fill. Now I've got a 145 put out there for 9/6.

CarbonBlue Secures $10M to Expand Groundbreaking CO2 Removal Technology​

PR NEWSWIRE
8:08 AM ET Jul-22-2024
The funds will enable the expansion and deployment of the company's groundbreaking water infrastructure.

Perhaps they will use ZIM ships?

Last edited:
I don't chase zoomers like that anymore. I've been burned on too many hot concepts that just ended up being poorly financed pump and dump schemes. I'm still wrastlin trying to get another block of CVX. My 140 put didn't fill. Now I've got a 145 put out there for 9/6.
Smart to avoid the highest of the high risk. Myself being greedy and not too bright I'm chasing a high risk this morning. MAXN is my latest get rich quick pipe dream. That one is up 62% this morning so far.

Well the S&P is almost up to its previous high. I think the next couple weeks will show if it's going to hit resistance and drop, or if it's going to higher highs.

The crash is coming any day now…and if I’m wrong I’ll say it again in 2 months…and again in 2 more months if not.

I thought this was the crash, but didn't want to get caught in a potential bear trap, so I stayed out. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple weeks.

I thought this was the crash, but didn't want to get caught in a potential bear trap, so I stayed out. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple weeks.
I wasnt picking at you. I just get a kick out of the guys on tv and in print that are constant doomsdayers about the market and economy. Yes there are always risks and concerns, but they act like the smartest guys in the room making dire predictions and never get called out when they’ve been wrong for many years in a row. I just hope they manage their money as well as they make predictions so they go away soon cause they go broke

I read a story on ZH last night about how large funds have been borrowing cheap yen and converting it to dollars and stuffing it into US equities. When Japan hinted at raising rates, it shook all that up here.

The next day Japan was told they’re not going to do that, so they reversed course. Probably a good idea. The head of the JCB likely didn’t want to get Shinzo Abe’d for not following orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasnt picking at you. I just get a kick out of the guys on tv and in print that are constant doomsdayers about the market and economy. Yes there are always risks and concerns, but they act like the smartest guys in the room making dire predictions and never get called out when they’ve been wrong for many years in a row. I just hope they manage their money as well as they make predictions so they go away soon cause they go broke

I mean that I've been hearing what you've been hearing, likely from the same people. When I heard about this recent kerfuffle we were already about 3 days into it. I really thought this was The Big One they were all warning about. Then it reversed, and I'm sitting here more confused than ever, even more unsure about what to do with my money.

I read a story on ZH last night about how large funds have been borrowing cheap yen and converting it to dollars and stuffing it into US equities. When Japan hinted at raising rates, it shook all that up here.

The next day Japan was told they’re not going to do that, so they reversed course. Probably a good idea. The head of the JCB likely didn’t want to get Shinzo Abe’d for not following orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I heard about the "yen carry". I thought, "ok, that makes sense. I guess that explains it." and I didn't give it much thought after that, because I didn't really care how it all started, I just care how it plays out. Well where did all that money go? Back to Japan? And then what? It came right back to the US market?

The indexes are back to where they were before the selloff, and the only lasting effect seems to be that bond rates are down 20 basis points. Is that it? Big fat hairy deal. So what now? The US markets are going to keep going up? How? ? ??? ?????????? DAMMIT!

It seems like US oil would be a solid bet for a Trump 4 year term to make some really good $$. Again all predicated on that type of outcome in Nov though.

It's time in the market, not timing the market

That's nice for people who start young. I'm 43. I don't have time in the market.

That's nice for people who start young. I'm 43. I don't have time in the market.
Trying to remember when 401k and IRAs became legal for retirement planning I think I was in my 30s. Until then if you did t have a pension you were screwed . You can accumulate allot of wealth in a couple decades. Get busy!

You got at least a couple decades. Look at what an index fund would have produced the last two decades.

Not nearly as much as my real estate investments, which was all market timing. I saw an opportunity develop after the housing crash, so I went all in. I just sold after the explosion in real estate prices during and after covid. Market timing.

Now I'm looking to get more into other markets. I only have about 5% of my money invested at the moment, and that is in various index funds. I need to at least 10x my money over the next 20 years, so putting it all in index funds at 10% won't do the trick. I'm also tired of being an employee, so I need to live off all of it in the mean time.

Not nearly as much as my real estate investments, which was all market timing. I saw an opportunity develop after the housing crash, so I went all in. I just sold after the explosion in real estate prices during and after covid. Market timing.

Now I'm looking to get more into other markets. I only have about 5% of my money invested at the moment, and that is in various index funds. I need to at least 10x my money over the next 20 years, so putting it all in index funds at 10% won't do the trick. I'm also tired of being an employee, so I need to live off all of it in the mean time.
10% per year would get you around 10X in about 25 years.

Funny. I’m close to your same age and feel like if I’d have put all my investment money into RE instead of equities over the last 15 years, I’d be retired and gearing up to hunt my ranch for elk in a couple weeks.