Stock Market is the bottom in?

Heard a talk yesterday where the speaker said that most people who received stimulus checks did not use it to pay down debt or save. Instead they used it to raise their lifestyle (electronics, clothes, jewelry, travel, expensive dinners, etc.). Now they are not receiving that money and want to maintain the save level of lifestyle, so on to maxing out credit cards, early 401k withdrawal, etc.
People will end up not having anything to retire on and will have to keep working. That could be the governments plan to keep those all important tax dollars rolling in so we can send it to other countries or figure some way to keep going deeper in debt.

I'm wondering if it's time to buy DE. Down to PE of 10. Granted there could be a fall in earnings coming. They report tomorrow.

Just bought a few of those yesterday myself. They are down quite a bit from the high. Price looked pretty good to me.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard a talk yesterday where the speaker said that most people who received stimulus checks did not use it to pay down debt or save. Instead they used it to raise their lifestyle (electronics, clothes, jewelry, travel, expensive dinners, etc.). Now they are not receiving that money and want to maintain the save level of lifestyle, so on to maxing out credit cards, early 401k withdrawal, etc.
Those stimulus checks were some of the most stupid things ever. Most of us didn't need them and the people who did needed work more than a handout. I told all my coworkers that they should buy stock in companies that made big screen TV's cause that's where most of the money was going to be spent.

Stimulus checks and stoking COVID fears won an election, very successful strategy. Was it stupid? Nah, crooked might be a better term. And don't forget the college loan ploy too. But this is a stock thread not politics so as you hinted let's go back to using events to pick stocks, however nutty those events are.

Stimmy checks! Yup, put mine too good use. Tons of people went out and overpaid for cars. Coming back to haunt them now. I thought we were going to have a slight correction, I guess not. I just don't get what is propping up this market.

No one loses taking profit.

I think CRWD is going to keep climbing back to where it was before they had the last hiccup. If it does it will go up about another $130 a share. Still trying to find another stock that has a decent up and down pattern to play it like I did with TELLurian. Hard to find but was great while it lasted. DELL also has been climbing back up.

No one loses taking profit.
Well, I got busy at work and didn’t do it!

I like your thoughts on Crowdstrike. And it seems like they do something important that not many companies can replicate…

Got in crowd a couple days after the f up. Been on a nice climb.
Got in chipotle the day they lost their ceo. Not sure that will skyrocket but may be some quick money to be made

Well, I got busy at work and didn’t do it!

I like your thoughts on Crowdstrike. And it seems like they do something important that not many companies can replicate…
I probably should’ve sold some too.

I'm buying INTC now. It's a long term bet. That is to say, minimum 5 years. But I think it will be worth the wait. I will try to get in below $20, but I'm happy paying under $21. Goal is to get at least 500 shares of it in my Roth IRA.

I'm buying INTC now. It's a long term bet. That is to say, minimum 5 years. But I think it will be worth the wait. I will try to get in below $20, but I'm happy paying under $21. Goal is to get at least 500 shares of it in my Roth IRA.
Should pay off pretty well. I'm working on accumulating INTC myself. They've been spending a lot for future production. Can't believe how cheap the stock is right now.

I've been sitting on a couple year's of cash in my IRA's. Would you guys suggest just buying INTC with it now? It can sit and wait for years... in fact that's pretty much all I know. To beat a dead horse, my last IRA contributions were in that skin cancer bandaid company that busted, so I can't do any worse than I'm doing.

I've been sitting on a couple year's of cash in my IRA's. Would you guys suggest just buying INTC with it now? It can sit and wait for years... in fact that's pretty much all I know. To beat a dead horse, my last IRA contributions were in that skin cancer bandaid company that busted, so I can't do any worse than I'm doing.

I'm buying it now. I like the price, and I think the future of the company is solid. There have already been some bumps along the way, including a 2 year delay on their Ohio facility, but all those bumps just push the price down further and make me want to buy more because of the low price. I think in 5 to 10 years, when it all shakes out, Intel will be making money hand over fist. No one puts 100 billion dollars into a project if they don't think it's a solid investment. As I understand it, they are also using a new technology that will likely put them ahead of TSMC in terms of production around 2030. Like I said, it's a long term bet, but I feel good about it.

INTC should do very well in the future but they did cut their dividend for now. There are some decent dividend stocks that pay you just for owning the shares. Tough call. INTC is very affordable right now. GNK is a decent company in shipping and has a 7.73% dividend that pays quarterly. AGNC has a 15% dividend that pays monthly but the stock price itself hasn't moved much lately. Could do a little here a little there?

I sold my TSLA shares just in time to miss a big run up. Whew, that was close. Almost made good money. TYPICAL.

Got 500 in my IRA now. $20.71, so you should be able to get in under 20 easy, lol