Stock Market is the bottom in?

How will you see the bottom?

When the market trends up again.

I won't get in at the absolute bottom, but hopefully shortly after. Similarly, I didn't sell my real estate until just after the peak of the market. I feel a lot more confident making big moves when I'm convinced the trend has reversed.

I'll be bag holding some stocks for a while by the looks of it.

I might be stubborn. I might be an idiot. I really like the future for INTC. They are gearing up to be a power house again. jmho

I might be stubborn. I might be an idiot. I really like the future for INTC. They are gearing up to be a power house again. jmho
I’m thinking the same. Could be a buy here !

Maybe it goes to $18 ?

I’m thinking the same. Could be a buy here !

Maybe it goes to $18 ?
I thought it hit bottom last week so I bought a shit load. I think the "experts" are saying the market sell off continues for a few more days but who knows what to believe anymore. Even buying now should bring good returns it's just a matter of how long before a bounce back.

Trying to figure out how I can retire some day. Been working my whole life from a very young age and am making decent money but the way things fell apart with our economy this last episode I really have no idea how much money it'll take to be able to just stop working and try to enjoy some of my remaining time. Might end up working right to the end.

^ ^ ^ ^ I've also worked my whole life - even in HS and college. Been through ups & downs, market crashes before. Buffet and many other successful investing pros advise holding the course, so you get to ride the market climbs. Those guys view downturns as buying opportunities. (like the last couple days). I've followed Buffet, Bogle, Graham, Malkiel, et al - for decades now. Those gents point to the continual upward track of the markets over the long term, despite several downturns along the way. Not panicking is great advise. So is seeking out low expense ratios & reinvesting the dividends & interest. Markets already bouncing back some .......... folks buying on dips & FOMO.

Bogle - "Why try to constantly find the 'needle in the haystack.' Just buy the whole stack." It's worked for wife and me (with a few tweaks) - and we're avg. people - not billionaires.

Markets already bouncing back some .......... folks buying on dips & FOMO.

That's what I'm worried about. Is this just a blip in an otherwise downward trend? Retail investors can play havoc with the markets. But it looks like the big players, I.e. Buffet, are selling a lot of shares. Buffett sold over half his position in Apple, and a lot of Bank of America stock. He's holding cash, so I'm still holding cash.

The scary part is the cost of living going up faster than my gains. Investing is still way better than just sitting on cash that makes no interest. Feel sorry for any young people out there trying to make a living. Telemark, this was not aimed at you. You just replied before I responded. Buffet is genius when it comes to seeing when to get out of one thing and buy up another. One of the best to ever play the game. I try to listen to everything he says hoping maybe some of the wisdom rubs off.

That's what I'm worried about. Is this just a blip in an otherwise downward trend? Retail investors can play havoc with the markets. But it looks like the big players, I.e. Buffet, are selling a lot of shares. Buffett sold over half his position in Apple, and a lot of Bank of America stock. He's holding cash, so I'm still holding cash.
What % of his portfolio is in cash right now?

How does anyone who has over a billion dollars even know how much they really have? It's not like you can count it out quick. By the time you get a rough idea the number has changed. How do they know?

It’s not Warren Buffet. It’s his company Berkshire Hathaway and it amounts to about 30%.

I saw AirBNB stock took a plunge today . I’ve made comments on an investment site noting the business model has issues, the economy is slowing down, and competition is creeping in…

The supporters are like NO WAY you are wrong it’s going to $200!! … it’s $111 right now.

The market activity is making me nervous. Stock drops=buy the dip. Stock drops more=buy the dip. Do that a few times and you're out of money and the stock keeps dropping. Hoping for steady increases and no more of the volatile swings we've been seeing way too often lately. jmho

Warren Buffett now owns more T-bills than the Federal Reserve​

One headline floating around out there.

This isn’t really much of a dip real money is made on a 30% correction not a speed bump this is what Buffet is waiting to happen then he will move in a big way likely snapping up a couple companies completely and adding them to BH tent.

Buffet has the ability to move markets given the amount of resources he has and that influences a lot of people. Unfortunately the average person is late to the party and trying to chase the big investors which means they can miss a 4-5% gain before a dip or gain reverses.

I'm kinda sitting tight too at the moment with some money in a MM. IMO - and this only MO - I think some folks have taken some profits. Big & small players both. With a run-up like there's been, it's not a crazy thing to do. NAV's drop some, creating good buying opportunities for individual stocks or mutual funds. If rates start to drop, as is predicted, stocks ought to start climbing again. I've been watching what trends are developing regarding styles / sectors.

Buffet has said recently that he hasn't seen stocks he'd like to buy now, "at these prices." When prices go down, that's always been when he goes shopping, so I'm wondering when to re-deploy some cash. Cash isn't bad at over 5.25% - so, not all bad.