Stock Market is the bottom in?

Every time I see one of those side by sides driving around on the roads by me, I always wonder if they realize they could have bought a Jeep Wrangler for how much they spent!
I own a Jeep Wrangler but I keep it down in "OZ" (Arizona) where we use it to drive the many trails in the mountains and desert down there. We spend 6 months in OZ. Lots of fun. I bought it new in 2020.....and it's a Rubicon with the right stuff. At that time it cost $50,000 brand new (quite loaded, leather, big stereo, power everything, etc etc.). (to which I have added many great aftermarket items, 35" tires and new wheels, steel bumpers, skid plates, winch, side sliders and much more). The price on a similar Rubicon is now over $70,000. They do a fair job of holding their value if your maintain them right. I dont put allot of miles on this rig......but it's been fun for an old guy like me to see the back country and go exploring with other jeeps. I like the HVAC and sky-one touch roof on mine.

The UTV's are fun too....but it's a different experience than a Jeep. A new Ranger XP with the Ultimate package will push about $40 k out the door. (ask me how I know). That is about 1/2 the price of a Jeep......but in MN you can ride the ATV trails.....not so in a Jeep.

You have a good point.......but IMO its Apples / Oranges.

Last edited:
Every time I see one of those side by sides driving around on the roads by me, I always wonder if they realize they could have bought a Jeep Wrangler for how much they spent!
If you want a reality check, go check prices on Suzuki Samurais from the 1980s. Most I have seen are selling for not much less than what they sold for 35 years ago. Still less than a side by side, but crazy how they have held their value.

If you want a reality check, go check prices on Suzuki Samurais from the 1980s. Most I have seen are selling for not much less than what they sold for 35 years ago. Still less than a side by side, but crazy how they have held their value.

I'm sure a lot of folks talk a bunch of trash on me for daily driving Corvettes but it's currently like a free car glitch. Buy a C5/C6, beat the crap out of it for a year, sell for profit, and repeat. Holds true for a bunch of muscle cars as well.

I'm sure a lot of folks talk a bunch of trash on me for daily driving Corvettes but it's currently like a free car glitch. Buy a C5/C6, beat the crap out of it for a year, sell for profit, and repeat. Holds true for a bunch of muscle cars as well.
I think they have the supply and demand figured out on those. After the new ones come out they aren't sitting on the lots forever. After a few months you can't hardly find one.

I said on here before I follow the politician trade tracker autopilot on instagram. A while back they put up that some random politician bought a bunch of FMAO Farmers and Merchants bank. So I thought what the hell I'll buy a couple shares at $20 each. Well it's up 20% in a couple of months.

Warren Buffet buys things for what he thinks they'll do in 10 years. I just don't have the patience to do that. Obviously he knows what he's doing. I have been trying to buy things that will make money eventually and I buy some stuff trying to make a quick buck. Remember that anything you don't own more than one year before selling will cost you twice as much in taxes. That's more incentive to hold for longer.

I went in pretty deep on NVDA. Priced dropped so I took the plunge.

I bought too with some of my TELL earnings. Didn't quite hit the dip but close enough. I already had some at $127 so I wanted to bring that down.

I'll start. I once met a guy who loved his FORD truck. Sorry, that's all I got.

Warren Buffet buys things for what he thinks they'll do in 10 years. I just don't have the patience to do that. Obviously he knows what he's doing. I have been trying to buy things that will make money eventually and I buy some stuff trying to make a quick buck. Remember that anything you don't own more than one year before selling will cost you twice as much in taxes. That's more incentive to hold for longer.
I've owned a few stocks for over ten years. Many of those are worth from 6 to 15 times what was paid for them. I do not hold any stocks that have lost money during that time period....those are sold off to offset some of the gains of the winners. Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, United Health Care.....and several others are what has been making some big bank for me.

Old saw: Let your winners run....and cut your losers short. Sad to say.....my allocation plan has "sold-back" many of the winners as they become too high of a percentage of my holdings.....and need to stay within my allocation. Debatable.

Does anyone dare wade back into crowdstrike yet?

I thought about it but it hasn't dropped enough for me to jump in yet.

I’m watching closely! Hope I didn’t miss my chance. My cost basis is $42 on the small amount I own.

This is a company that is 10 years ahead of everyone else in the space, I don’t know why I can’t manage to get off my butt and get the heck in.

TSLA & NVDA are the 2 that I'm playing the hardest right now. INTC I think is just a matter of time before the climb back towards the top of the pile.

I made a false statement about a week ago when talking about TELLurian being bought by woodside. I was under the impression that anyone holding shares of TELL will still have those shares and be able to trade them. I know it's still trading right now but not sure what they are doing now. I sold my shares for a profit and am waiting to see what happens now. I gave an example of one company that sold(TWITTER) and said the share holders still have shares of twitter. Pretty sure that was NOT correct as Elon Musk took the company private and they are delisted on the stock market. Moral of the story is I'm not sure if the share holders just get bought out or how it's going down. I've seen companies merge and shares are still in play sometimes under a different ticker. If woodside completes the purchase of TELLurian assets supposedly they will be the second largest LNG producer.

I made a false statement about a week ago when talking about TELLurian being bought by woodside. I was under the impression that anyone holding shares of TELL will still have those shares and be able to trade them. I know it's still trading right now but not sure what they are doing now. I sold my shares for a profit and am waiting to see what happens now. I gave an example of one company that sold(TWITTER) and said the share holders still have shares of twitter. Pretty sure that was NOT correct as Elon Musk took the company private and they are delisted on the stock market. Moral of the story is I'm not sure if the share holders just get bought out or how it's going down. I've seen companies merge and shares are still in play sometimes under a different ticker. If woodside completes the purchase of TELLurian assets supposedly they will be the second largest LNG producer.
I'm not the one to ask but I figured they just bought the controlling interest. The main owner(s) probably had 51% of the shares and they bought those shares for $1 each. We have a portion of the remaining 49%. What I'm not sure about is whether the shares will remain TELL or if they'll be Woodside. I know years ago my mom worked for a small local bank that allowed employees to buy stock, then they were bought out by PNC Bank and all the shares turned into PNC.