Stock Market is the bottom in?

I drive by one of their dealerships twice a day. The property is packed with very little leaving the lot. The interest on all those machines sitting there has to be insane. The owner has 2 locations also. I believe they were trying to sell a few years ago for 6.5 million. Might be able to get a better price from them now on the property/business.
What's weird to me is that ATV and Side by Sides are packing the trails up here every weekend. Now maybe they are not buying new ones

I’m grateful I sold my Polaris stock years ago.

Still got Thor…..

It’s a dawg.

Two stocks that are not doing very well for me lately (UPS & Polaris)!

I beleive that all of the recreational vehicle and boats, etc are oversold dating back to covid times. Now with higher interest rates and plentiful inventories......there are going to be some big losers out there. Stuff ain't selling. Mercury has laid off lots of workers, Alumacraft shut down their St Peter plant and is moving to Mexico, Boat and RV lots have plentiful inventories again.....and not much is being bought.....unlike a few years ago. Consumers feeling the pinch are unloading recent purchases.....when they can.....which is where some deals might be snagged.

My feeling is that brutal times are ahead for those business's. Not sure who may have their neck stuck out with floor planning, etc.......it's a different world in that area. I think the dealer does not take as much risk as in time gone by.....these days the manufacturer has to front some of that inventory (I think). Same goes for farm machinery....maybe cars too? Dunno. Takes some real guts to predict sales and commit to inventory six months out......IMO.

I think the consumer discretionary money and federal stimulus money has long ago been spent.

The UTV, boats and other toys is just deja vu all over again. Like Winnebago RV stock back in the 70s was hot until gas crunch and high interest rates and stumbling economy made them go in dumpster. Just a repeat on all the nonessentials finding out real quick how they really are not that special. Buckle up buttercup. Bumpy ride ahead.

Lots of discretionary spending coming to a screeching halt with the Biden inflation gutting many consumers. “Best economy ever” these people are loony toons. Lots of heavy equipment and all sorts of good stuff for sale on market place and Craigslist lately. My wife may kill me but if I could find a good deal on a low hour long reach excavator I’d be pretty tempted to pick it up.

What's weird to me is that ATV and Side by Sides are packing the trails up here every weekend. Now maybe they are not buying new ones
Agree 100% that I've never seen so many wheelers driving the gravel roads on the weekends. A pretty basic 4 wheeler now costs about 4 times as much as what you could buy a brand new camaro for in the early seventies. Crazy what they charge for the side by sides too now. Don't know what snowmobiles cost but lately you're lucky to be able to use it a month out of the year.

Had another guy supposed to start work for me today. Never showed up. Puts on the youth of today. Future looks bleak with the generations coming up.

Agree 100% that I've never seen so many wheelers driving the gravel roads on the weekends. A pretty basic 4 wheeler now costs about 4 times as much as what you could buy a brand new camaro for in the early seventies. Crazy what they charge for the side by sides too now. Don't know what snowmobiles cost but lately you're lucky to be able to use it a month out of the year.
The new Ranger 1500 all decked out with every bell and whistle will push $50K. That's just nuts

The new Ranger 1500 all decked out with every bell and whistle will push $50K. That's just nuts
I agree......OTOH I can remember when one of the nicest home sites in town (an acre size lot) was selling for $12,000 and folks thought that was "nuts". I bought that lot and built a nice home on it. Today You would play 10x that amount (for that lot).....or more. No sense building a nice home on a lousy lot.

It's a crazy world. If you pay 20% "too much".....but can afford to buy it......inflation has solved your issues after a few years. Sometimes.....when you snooze you loose.

^^^^ this is good advice my coworkers thought I lost my mind 2 years ago when I bought that new farm at $3800 an acre today comparable properties are listing at $5000-$5500 an acre. Now they think I’m genius neither is true I’m just blessed enough to be able to do crazy shit like that and still sleep at night many can’t when they feel like they are holding the tiger by the tail.

Anyone been holding F(ford)? I can't figure out why they are promoted so heavily by everyone. From what I've seen from them in the last 4-5 years is certainly nothing special for an investor. Government heavily invested in FORD? The stock is right up there with PFE. Looks like a junk stock unless I'm missing something.

I agree, I have a token amount compared to what I used too.

Don’t understand the bulls about Found On Road Dead 💀

Anyone been holding F(ford)? I can't figure out why they are promoted so heavily by everyone. From what I've seen from them in the last 4-5 years is certainly nothing special for an investor. Government heavily invested in FORD? The stock is right up there with PFE. Looks like a junk stock unless I'm missing something.
Sold at $11 or 12? Bought at $6? Made some money . I would not buy right now . They have high labor costs, and pension obligations.

Every time I see one of those side by sides driving around on the roads by me, I always wonder if they realize they could have bought a Jeep Wrangler for how much they spent!