Stock Market is the bottom in?

This site has made me a little money so I thought I would share. I talked to an Ed Jones advisor yesterday about a Roth account and he gave me some stocks. Normally they just want to spread my money over several mutual funds some aggressive and some balanced. Yesterday he explained that Ed Jones feel strongly about these stocks and he thinks I should invest 30% to 40 % of my account into them and not all in mutual funds. I don't know what I will do but thought I would share the stocks that Ed Jones recommends at this time....
PFE
FMC
ENB
RTX
ZBH
EL
UPS
HBI

I would appreciate any input from the list, because I will probably pick 4 and throw some nickels at them.

There's a lot at play in the stock market right now. If you take out the big 7 tech stocks, the market isn't keeping up with inflation. There is a legit fear out there that not only will interest rates not go down, but they will go up, and that will make dividend stocks even more unattractive. Why own a dividend stock that's losing real revenue and value while paying 3.5% when you can own a money market and make a safe 5.4%?

We're at a friction point we've never seen. On one hand you've got the fed standing on the breaks with interest rates most of us have never seen in our lifetimes, and a congress that is standing on the gas printing amounts of money nobody has ever seen in the history of fake money bankster schemes. High rates and high foreclosures are a scary thing on tap for this country. If that happens, those homes are getting shoveled into the jaws of the bankers, and they ain't coming back. You will own nothing. Sound familiar?

Don't focus on the things that divide the parties. Start paying attention to the things that unite the parties, because that's where the true evil lies.
The unmaginificent 493

This site has made me a little money so I thought I would share. I talked to an Ed Jones advisor yesterday about a Roth account and he gave me some stocks. Normally they just want to spread my money over several mutual funds some aggressive and some balanced. Yesterday he explained that Ed Jones feel strongly about these stocks and he thinks I should invest 30% to 40 % of my account into them and not all in mutual funds. I don't know what I will do but thought I would share the stocks that Ed Jones recommends at this time....
PFE
FMC
ENB
RTX
ZBH
EL
UPS
HBI

I would appreciate any input from the list, because I will probably pick 4 and throw some nickels at them.
I would stay away from Pfizer (PFE) . They will be facing major lawsuits. I used to own it sold it at $52, it’s in the $20 range now .

Buy CVI … 7.9% dividend, refinery (gas & fertilizer)! It’s too cheap right now.

PFE
FMC
ENB
RTX
ZBH
EL
UPS
HBI

I would find a way to lose and forget that list. Even bad stocks should at least be elevated in this environment. PFE and HBI are the biggest dogs on that list. They're essentially market leaders in their businesses and they managed to somehow blow it badly. Pfizer has a really solid concept buying up all the small drug companies treating the recent explosion in new diseases they created, but it's still not translating into profits.

There's a difference between good companies and good stocks. Good companies can be bad stocks and their day will come when the giant slug of institutional cash turns their direction. I think that's where energy is now, great companies, bad stocks. Then there are bad companies and bad stocks, and I'm afraid that's what that list is. I've owned HBI multiple times hoping it'd fallen enough to get a footing, and it just keeps falling. Mining seems to always lose money. ENB isn't bad, but I'd want upside in energy vs high income. I'm not dogging the idea of getting in the game and learning, i just don't think that list is where I'd start.

The other thing to look out for now is zombie companies. About 1 in 5 companies still exist today because they had access to cheap money. Absent a viable product or positive cashflow, zombies were able to just accumulate more debt and sell news shares to keep the lights on. The easy debt issuance card is off the table now, so beware of companies that are still dreams with no actual ability to stay operational in this environment.

PFE
FMC
ENB
RTX
ZBH
EL
UPS
HBI

PFE has been a turd the last few years. Doesn't make sense to me that they didn't blast off during covid, the stock price actually went down. If covid didn't move the price I don't know what will for them. jmho

PFE
FMC
ENB
RTX
ZBH
EL
UPS
HBI

UPS looks to be a decent stock with an almost 5% dividend.

FMC doesn't look too shabby either. Also over 4% dividend

PFE
FMC
ENB
RTX
ZBH
EL
UPS
HBI

Edward Jones has very high overhead paying for all those brick and mortar storefronts in every town with the exorbitant fees on your account to pay for it run as fast as you can

Edward jones. Yah not your friend. This is hilarious but some language warning for sensitive crowd

Edward Jones = not fiduciaries. They have no reason to put your interests ahead of theirs

Invest in whoever the hell makes stamps, they are going up to 73 cents in a couple of days. What a bunch of shit. jmho

Corn is at 4 dollars a bushel and with high interest rates and farmland is at an all time high! Go figure

Corn is at 4 dollars a bushel and with high interest rates and farmland is at an all time high! Go figure
I can never figure out corn. Its terrible for you, has basically no nutritional value yet the American Farmer grows millions of tons of it. Someone please educate me.

Probably something along the lines of corn and soy being the most efficient carbohydrate and protein raw materials on the planet. Plus they literally have hundreds of other uses. I agree, consumed improperly it's very unhealthy.

I can never figure out corn. Its terrible for you, has basically no nutritional value yet the American Farmer grows millions of tons of it. Someone please educate me.
I had a long tirade typed out. Don't need that on a friday though. I'll just say this. If cars burned gas and cows ate grass, we wouldn't be sicker than shit and ruled by 4 giant meat corporations. Every farm where i grew up used to be like this to some degree, and it was pleasant to live around.

I'm more of the opinion that it's the soda, fastfood, candy, chips, ice cream, and Caseys thats making everyone fat and sick. I'm not oblivious, I get the big debate, and agree with many components. I was waiting for a good reply from SD to be honest... knew it was coming! Wish the answers were easier than the naysayers wish for. I think a lot of you guys live in what used to be called "the fringe"... outside what was considered the grain belt. Even inside the grain belt, in my mind that takes in all the rolling, beautiful, hilly, marginal type grounds where many of you live and hunt. I can see why y'all hate conventional farmers. Sometimes I do too. Broken record here, but on our farm, which is mostly 0-2/3% sloped ground with cec's in the mid 20s, we can put down a "modest" 170 lbs of N and grow 250 bu corn. I don't feel we pollute. Probably a little, but everyone here is polluting at least a little. When we fed 300 head/yr, they ate a ton of grass and hay bales, supplemented with some corn, finished on corn to fatten them up because that's what consumers wanted. It tastes better. Even the Bearded Butchers agreed it tasted better when compared with all grass. I'm honestly considering raising a steer for our freezer. (due to cwd, yes our county is going up at the highest rate in the state. another debate, I know). It'll be all grass, probably more due to simplicity than it being holier than thou. If I do give it some corn, I won't be blaming the corn on any potential cancer I get. I'll blame the alcohol, milkshakes, chip n dip, and my lousy genetics.

Is anyone here ruled by a giant meat corporation? I doubt it. Adhere to personal responsibility and see how the chips fall. The memes are here on HT, in the funnies thread, 1 is 1,000 is 1,000,000. Start a movement. In the end IL and IA will still grow the corn, and the fringe will hopefully go back to being fringe.